Poll: What percentage of HC players played on live?

Troo

Poll: What percentage of HC players played on live?   

109 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of players on Homecoming played on live?

• 100%
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • 50%
    • less than 40%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/21 at 07:38 AM

I just assume everyone playing, played on live.  I also assume we're all 45+ year old bald men named Chad, and we're not wearing socks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

• City Council
4 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I just assume everyone playing, played on live.  I also assume we're all 45+ year old bald men named Chad, and we're not wearing socks. 

Look, monkey, I may have played on live, but I am not 45+, bald, named Chad, or presently sockless!

• Haha 11
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

I'm not sure this poll is looking for the right data.  It should be a Yes or No "Did you play on Live" and then we gain the percentage based on the respondents.  

Unless we are assuming HC already knows that you played on Live and what you ate for breakfast so we are guessing what figure they have tallied up.  If that's the case I guess $1 and that  @GM Widower is wearing socks.  What's the showcase prize?

Edited by Mezmera
  • Thumbs Up 7

I thought about it but the sample size just wouldn't be represntative. I settled on guesses of those who wish to participate.

We could totally put together a bunch of questions if there are more ideas.

• "Did you play on live?"
  • "Are you new?"
  • "Do you know anyone who is new?"
  • "Have you played with anyone who identified as new?"
  • "Have you played or interacted with anyone who did not play on live?"

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

18 minutes ago, Booper said:

I'm glad you finally found one of your socks, Chaz.

Who let you out?! Back to the mines!

you're doing great stuff ♥️

Edited by Troo
spellz & thx to some hard work
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 minutes ago, Troo said:

I thought about it but the sample size just wouldn't be represntative. I settled on guesses of those who wish to participate.

We could totally put together a bunch of questions if there are more ideas.

• "Did you play on live?"
  • "Are you new?"
  • "Do you know anyone who is new?"
  • "Have you played with anyone who identified as new?"
  • "Have you played or interacted with anyone who did not play on live?"

Well I'd assume the sample to be overwhelmingly that the played on Live from this poll on the forum.  For starters the hold overs are real used to the old forum which this is an homage of.  I'd bet you'll find more fresh players on the Discord since that would be the new thing introducing new players to the game.  

Yes the sample size would be small but it would be representative if you did one on the forum and on the discord to get a better feel of it.  It's guesswork to ask people to speak for someone other than themselves.  

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, arcane said:

I guessed 90%

This seems like a reasonable estimate. No matter how much we love it, this game is old. Most of us, especially here on the forums, played on live. That being said, I have seen a few posts, here and elsewhere, to the effect of "I'd heard of this game but never got the chance to play before." So the answer isn't 100%.

I never wear socks, I was past 45 in the Live era, I am not named Chad and my crop counters any five bald guys on the list.

• Haha 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Just now, Krimson said:

I didn't vote because I don't think opinion and data are the same thing. 

Boy, are you in the wrong decade. 😜

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

My kids (10 and 9) and I play together, so definitely not 100%!

In fact, back when I first discovered CoH was back, about 4 of us from the old SG started playing with our kids. At one point I think we had seven 2nd generation players (I think three made it to at least one level 50)

Edited by dtjunkie
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Amazing!  You guessed 3 out of 5!

25 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Can we apply this logic to other questions? Like say I wanted to know the density of argon gas. Perhaps we can ask the community how they feel about it? 😛

A-argon G-gas?  I think it should be thinned out for our safety. *Hugs security blanket tighter*

25 minutes ago, A Cat said:

Shouldn't the poll questions be "I played on live" and "I did not play on live"?

23 minutes ago, Krimson said:

We need that meme where the reasonable person gets thrown out a window. 😄

It's A Cat.  Throw 'em anywhere and they land on their feet.

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

Can we apply this logic to other questions? Like say I wanted to know the density of argon gas. Perhaps we can ask the community how they feel about it? 😛

Oh, no. For that you have to go to Wikipedia.

Oh, wait, same thing. 😉

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

I mean I've certainly been hearing a lot more 2+2=5 talk in the last couple of years than the rest of my life.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

I have to wear support socks.   At least I am not bald.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!