Poll: What percentage of HC players played on live?

Troo

Poll: What percentage of HC players played on live?   

109 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of players on Homecoming played on live?

• 100%
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • 50%
    • less than 40%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/21 at 07:38 AM

28 minutes ago, Nerio72 said:

I voted 80%

And I bet some of the non-Chads who wear socks also wear Birkenstocks with said socks (and I bet they are on my lawn RIGHT now! Stop spilling your granola all over my lawn!)

*checks themselves for socks, nope, no socks. No birkenstocks either, what are birkenstocks? Dunno, probably not a good idea to inform either. Goes back to munching on granola in their own garden.* What a nice moon...

• Haha 1

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

Based on observation and talking to people in-game... I'd say it's at least 75%, but probably not quite to 90%. There are a lot of family-and-friends of Live-days players around, including my own nephews and their mom, who weren't actually Live-days players themselves. 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I played on Live, but my partner didn't. They do now though! They're mad keen on controllers, and we're currently duoing a stalker/troller duo from zero to fifty exclusivley teamed together and trying to stay as close to the same xp count as each other as possible (If I die, they groan bc I'm like 'Oops, I guess you gotta faceplant on purpose now!' - although we also sometimes do the 'run far away from teammate and defeat a few mobs to catch up' tactic for that as well).

It's the fist MMO they've got into, WoW etc never appealed to them. CoH is so solo-friendly and easy to run on a low-spec rig that it's, well, i'm preaching to the choir arent I? 😄

Eco

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I voted 100%, but the poll is confusing. Where do we access the actual data to give an informed response? In my safe bubble, it seems bizarre to me that anyone would play here that didn't play on live. I mean, we're a bunch of nostalgic old folks living out our younger selves fantasies on a controversial server that may or may not exist. Do we exist? Are we relevant? Am I alliance? Am I a lion?  I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well though, I have a mighty roar.

• Haha 1

• City Council
25 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

Do we exist?

No; based on our telemetry data, I am the only person who actually exists and the rest of you are just figments of my imagination. Therefore, you should all treat each other as you would treat me.

• Haha 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

But

.. when do we get Whimsy Flea?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

We need a "yeah, kinda"... I played from like Issue 3 to Issue 6, so the invention system was all new to me. Also, any of the differences between F2P accounts and the subscriber reward stuff totally passed me by, so I don't know what was part of it and what wasn't. A couple of people on other servers complain about reward stuff being "just given to you" on HC and when I played it was all just there anyway. I unlocked Peacebringers, capes, auras all before, so for me it felt like picking up where I left off. 

Oddly, I've probably played on HC more than I did on live. 

• Thanks 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

16 hours ago, GM Widower said:

No; based on our telemetry data, I am the only person who actually exists and the rest of you are just figments of my imagination. Therefore, you should all treat each other as you would treat me.

He who has the code makes the rules.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 11/27/2021 at 6:29 AM, GM Widower said:

Someone has read to much Plato.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

• City Council
2 hours ago, RogerWilco said:

Someone has read to much Plato.

ἔα τοίνυν, ὦ RogerWilco, καὶ πράττωμεν ταύτῃ, ἐπειδὴ ταύτὴ ὁ θεὸς ὑφηγεῖται.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

2 hours ago, GM Widower said:

ἔα τοίνυν, ὦ RogerWilco, καὶ πράττωμεν ταύτῃ, ἐπειδὴ ταύτὴ ὁ θεὸς ὑφηγεῖται.

Heh, I thought I was gonna be smart, but you broke Google :p

I checked a couple other places and got:

Thou art, O Roger Wilco, and we do this, because this is what God hath said.

They do it, RogerWilco, and we do these things, because of these godsὑ

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)