Hunting locations for i27-3 badges

Placta

• Cyclopes (Fabled) / Minotaurs (Mythical)
    • Imperious TF
    • Sybil Psyche's arc
    • Loose in Cimerora
  • Incarnate Cimerorans (Legatus)
    • Sybil Psyche's arc (Romulus only; patch notes indicate MInotaurs/Cyclopes should count but they don't)
    • More coming early next year
  • Void Hunters (Call of the Void)
    • Cloud of Odorous Smoke tip (30-40 vigilante) [1]
    • Daedalus' first arc's final mission [2]
    • Aeon SF [5]
    • More coming early next year
  • 5th Column Lycanthropes (The Beast Within)
    • They must transform to count for the badge.
    • Kahn TF
    • Barracuda TF
    • Imperious TF
    • Aeon SF [9]
    • Jenni Adair's arc
    • The Pilgrim's arc first mission [7]
    • Laura Lockhart's arc (must be 20+)
    • Ashwin Lannister/Laurie Pennington's arc [17]
  • Vanguard (Rearguard)
    • Aeon SF [9]
    • Gaussian's arc
    • Mr. G (Primal)'s first arc [15]
  • Gold Bricker Smelters (Who Smelt It, Dealt It)
    • Aeon SF [3]
    • Maybe some loose in Cap
  • Crey Cryogenicists (Cool Customer) and Gamma Tanks (Totally Radical)
    • Cryos start showing up at 35, Gamma Tanks at 46. Make sure difficulty is set accordingly.
    • Cryogenicists only:
      • Manticore TF
      • Gordon Stacy's arc
      • Loose in Eden, probably Crey's Folly
    • Aeon SF [6]
    • Janet Kellum's arc [8]
    • Operative Grillo's arc "Escaped!" [14]
    • Black Scorpion's first arc [10], [11]
    • Regent Korol's arc [16]
    • Daedalus' second arc second misson
    • Scrawled Bark tip (40-50 vigilante) [12]
    • Shattered Jar of Flesh (40-50 vigilante) [12]
    • Gold Plated Monocle tip (40-50 rogue-to-hero)
    • Loose in Grandville (The Fab) [4]
    • May be some loose in Rikti War Zone, Echo: Rikti Crash Site
  • Specific Vahzilok Bosses (Epidemiologist)

Credit for suggestions:

Edited by Placta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

1 hour ago, Placta said:

And for Epidemiologist, it requires defeating 9 specific Vahzilok bosses. Dr. Meinst is in DFB, Doc Buzzsaw in Posi 1, and Dr. V himself in Posi 2 (or a story arc in the 15-20 range). The other six appear in three pairs in specific locations in the Abandoned Sewer Network.

The other six also appear in the Graveyard Shift arc.  So that and Posi 1/2 are a good way to get Epidemiologist.

For the Gold Bricker Smelters, the answer is ASF.  Our team all had our badges before we were even halfway done with the SF.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Jacktar said:

Do you know if there is a progress bar for Epidemioligist and if so is it in the defeat section?

There is a progress bar for Epidemiologist and it is in the Defeats section.  Like most Defeats badges, it won't tell who who you still need to defeat, only how many.

49 minutes ago, Zhym said:

There is a progress bar for Epidemiologist and it is in the Defeats section.  Like most Defeats badges, it won't tell who who you still need to defeat, only how many.

Hi thanks Zhym, yes just made a start with DFB and a Posi 1 and now see a progress bar showing 2/9. 
Locked and Loaded for the next 7 😤😤💥💥😇

On 11/27/2021 at 12:59 PM, Placta said:

• Crey Cryogenicists (Cool Customer)
    • Maybe Manticore TF
    • Gordon Stacy's arc
    • Janet Kellum's arc
    • May be some loose in Crey's Folly, Eden, Rikti War Zone, maybe the old Rikti Crash Site
  • Crey Gamma Tanks (Totally Radical)
    • Blueside this is going to be tough because Crey really stops appearing in the 46+ range
    • Maybe Janet Kellum's arc or Dr. Q TF (!!) with the difficulty turned up
    • Daedalus' second arc second misson
    • Gold Plated Monocle tip (40-50 rogue-to-hero)

For both of these Crey enemies, I was able to find sparse groups of them spawning in The Fab in Grandville, along with all the usual Crey tanks and Paragon Protectorate.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2021 at 5:59 PM, Placta said:

Crey Cryogenicists (Cool Customer)

• Manticore TF

Cryogenecists do spawn in the Manti TF.  But if you're doing a speed run (and why wouldn't you?), you'll probably end up running past most of them or getting ATT'd to the end of the maps where possible.  I just finished a Manti run and only got 5 Cryogenecists out of the whole run.  Not a terribly efficient way to find them, IMO, unless you're with a group that's hunting them. 

So far, the most reliable spot for them is in...ASF (I'm sensing a theme here).  There are nine of them in the Crey mission.  They're all named "Dr. <Something>", not "Cryogenecist," but they still count. 

Edited by Zhym
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Zhym said:

Cryogenecists do spawn in the Manti TF.  But if you're doing a speed run (and why wouldn't you?), you'll probably end up running past most of them or getting ATT'd to the end of the maps where possible.  I just finished a Manti run and only got 5 Cryogenecists out of the whole run.  Not a terribly efficient way to find them, IMO, unless you're with a group that's hunting them.

I did a Manti with the specific goal of finding Cryogenecists, fought through most of the misisons, and got 14. Figure I can tweak some things and maybe wrap it up in two more runs.

I'll add Aeon to the first post. Are gamma tanks common there, too?

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Hi, doing Epidemiologist badge.

Ran DFB and Posi ! so was at 2/9.

Using Oro flashbacked to Watkins arc The Graveyard arc as above and completed the whole arc solo ending with taking Coralix down.

Talked to Pierce and mish and arc end.

Badge total at end is now 6/9!

So with Posi 2 to do that means I only picked up 4 of the 6 needed for completion.

I did also take down Dr meister? again during the arc but already had him from DFB.

Not sure why I only got 4 of 6 as cleared everything during arc just to make sure.

So I guess it is hunting in the abandonded sewers till I bumble across the versions down there which is a guaranted RNG hate me job and they will be the last two I find!

Have no idea which names are the missing ones...

So does anybody have the three locations they are at in the sewers please? If I get them I will suggest having them added to the vidiotmaps overlay for those that come after!

Thanks

12 hours ago, Placta said:

I'll add Aeon to the first post. Are gamma tanks common there, too?

They do show up in ASF, but there weren't many of them.  Part of the issue is that there's just the one Crey mission in ASF, and while it has the nine pre-populated Cryogenecists that I mentioned, the Gamma Tanks are just random spawns.  I don't know the exact number, but I'd guess there were maybe a dozen or so per run. 

OTOH, they seem to spawn pretty regularly in 46+ content, so I'd probably go with the various Crey missions for this badge.  They might also spawn with the other Crey in the Shadow Shard, but I haven't strapped on my rocket pack to find out yet.

On 11/29/2021 at 5:01 PM, Jacktar said:

Using Oro flashbacked to Watkins arc The Graveyard arc as above and completed the whole arc solo ending with taking Coralix down.

So with Posi 2 to do that means I only picked up 4 of the 6 needed for completion.

I did also take down Dr meister? again during the arc but already had him from DFB.

Not sure why I only got 4 of 6 as cleared everything during arc just to make sure.

So I guess it is hunting in the abandonded sewers till I bumble across the versions down there which is a guaranted RNG hate me job and they will be the last two I find!

So does anybody have the three locations they are at in the sewers please? If I get them I will suggest having them added to the vidiotmaps overlay for those that come after!

Thanks

I don't know the spawn locations in the sewers.  That would be really useful if someone could post that.  But be careful in the Graveyard Shift.  Salamander and Grey Matter (I think) are fighting each other in the barroom brawl.  If you aren't fast enough, one of them can defeat the other before you get a chance to.

BTW, here's what I know of the bosses that are needed for Epidemiologist and where they can be found:

• Dr. Meinst: DFB, Graveyard Shift
  • Doc Buzzsaw: Posi 1
  • Cortex:  Posi 2, Graveyard Shift, Abandoned Sewers
  • Dr. Vahzilok: Posi 2, "The Vahzilok Plague" arc
  • Newt: Graveyard Shift, Abandoned Sewers
  • Malady: Graveyard Shift, Abandoned Sewers
  • Grey Matter: Graveyard Shift, Abandoned Sewers
  • Salamander: Graveyard Shift, Abandoned Sewers
  • Pathogen: Graveyard Shift, Abandoned Sewers

In order of TF/Arc:

• Posi 1: Doc Buzzsaw
  • Posi 2: Cortex, Dr. Vahzilok
  • Graveyard Shift: Cortex, Dr. Meinst, Newt, Malady, Grey Matter, Salamander, Pathogen

Abandoned Sewer spawn locations:

• Pathogen & Malady: [1749, -322, -1635]
  • Salamander & Newt: [2388, -128, 859]
  • Cortex & Grey Matter: [-1508, -706, -192]

Edited by Zhym
Added Abandoned Sewer spawn locations, updated lists
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Jacktar said:

The spawns for Epidemiologist have already been added to the Abandoned Sewer Network map as part of the vidiotmap update for i27p3.

On the map, Cortex and Grey Matter spawn at the easternmost spawn. Salamander and Newt are at the southwestern spawn, and Pathogen and Malady are at the northwestern spawn. I'd like to eventually add this to the wiki page for the Epidemiologist badge (which doesn't exist yet) but I've been wrapped up with updating other stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Zhym said:

For those of us who don't have VidiotMaps installed for whatever reason, do you happen to know the coordinates for each spawn location?

I do not, sorry. Here's a preview of the map (click to enlarge). The spawn locations are denoted with the little 'V' symbol from the center of the Epidemiologist icon.

Spoiler

vidiot_abandoned_sewer_network.thumb.png.9eacde069dcb663589ce900738333265.png

Edited by AboveTheChemist
spoilered image
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jacktar said:

Thanks

Looks like there was a bug that prevented Cortex from counting towards the Epidemiologist badge when defeated in the Graveyard Shift arc.  The latest patch is supposed to fix that. 

Edited by Zhym
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi Zhym, thank you for highlighting that situation.

I absolutely think that the two I missed on my arc run was exactly as you said about the bar fight in the faultline mish for one and then I definately defeated that Cortex guy because I had to do it both times he appears. He tp’s away and then after a few ambushes he reappears one diff level higher.

However last night and using the info from AbovetheChemist about vidiotmaps overlay and the co-ordinates from your good self I hit the abandoned sewer system and went hunting.

The first location was a bust but I think another player had been that way not long before and got them so am now wondering about the respawn timer?

Then teamed up with another badge hunter that arrived who also had found the bug and went to the orange section spot and bingo, there was Corex and Grey Matter.

We dispatched them super quick and both of us got our missing defeats so got badge credit and badge.

We departed both with smiles and happy hearts.

Thanks for all your input into getting us and those to follow a stress free badge completion. 👍👏👏😀🍩🍩🍪🍪

• Like 1

For characters who are already level 50+, the first mission of The Ouroboros Initiation (level 25-50) may be the best farm for The Beast Within (5th Column Lycanthropes).  It starts right there in Ouro, so there's no travel time involved, and because it goes to level 50, it's easier to run at x8 (which you'll need to maximize the number of lycanthropes you get).  I've only gotten about half a dozen per run, partly because it's so hard to keep from killing them before they change.  But at least it's quick to quit the TF and restart it, so it shouldn't take too many runs to get the badge that way.

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's another report. This time: Crey. 

The Issue 1 "Evil Countess Crey" arc (in Flashback as "On the Run" under "Justice Incarnate") includes both Gamma Tanks and Cryogenecists.  Unfortunately, they're sparse, but the arc is so long and so chock full of Crey that you'll get lots of both if you can put up with the length.  It took me about three hours on +0/x8 defeating everything that moved, and I ended up getting about 100 Gamma Tanks and 15 Cryogenecists (and 54 measly reward merits) out of the arc.  Not terribly efficient for hunting.  But that was solo, so it would probably go faster if you could get a group together.

Also: I take back everything I said about ASF being a marathon.  Compared to the Issue 1 story arcs, it's a sprint.

Anyway, hunting in Grandville (in The Fab) probably makes more sense.  Both Gamma Tanks and (less commonly) Cryogenecists spawn there.  It took me about half an hour to tally about 50 Gamma Tanks and 5 Cryogenecists.

Edited by Zhym
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/29/2021 at 11:37 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

The spawns for Epidemiologist have already been added to the Abandoned Sewer Network map as part of the vidiotmap update for i27p3.

On the map, Cortex and Grey Matter spawn at the easternmost spawn. Salamander and Newt are at the southwestern spawn, and Pathogen and Malady are at the northwestern spawn. I'd like to eventually add this to the wiki page for the Epidemiologist badge (which doesn't exist yet) but I've been wrapped up with updating other stuff.

<smacks forehead> 

I have got to get my eyes checked. If I hadn't read this, it would have never even occurred to me to look on the map, and I do have the latest update. 

When I had read that these 6 were found in the ASN, I simply went to the lab, where the badge is...pretty much empty of any of them. I did find Gray Matter and Cortex, but they were in the new area. I had just assumed they spawned at different times. Glad to get them all knocked out and done! 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Daedalus has two arcs that are short and helpful to get some of these badges: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Daedalus

In the last mission of Stolen Power, "Restore the Tabula Scutum," you'll find a 15 to 20 critter ambush of Voids if running at /x8.

In his other arc, Future Threat, he has a mission with a warehouse full of Crey including Gamma Tanks and Cryogenicists.

But the best source for Voids, Lycanthropes, both Creys and Vanguard is the new ASF.  You can set it at +0/x8 at base (villainous) level and obtain them if you can solo an AV with the help of envenomed daggers and pets.  Or just look for a team -- as the new thing there seems to be people running it all the time.

Earlier in the arc there is a mission with Crey that has more than usual amount of Cryogenicists as there are several named bosses in addition to standard spawned ones.

Voids and Lycanthropes are in the 5th Column dimension.  The Voids are usually in their own little grouping of 5-8 with a cyst.  The Dark Vampyri transform to Lycanthropes at low health, so be careful not to kill them before they transform. 

After that there is a Vanguard Dimension.  You only have to kill Apex to get out or you can just kill standard Vanguards and let the dimension time out.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

After that there is a Vanguard Dimension.  You only have to kill Apex to get out or you can just kill standard Vanguards and let the dimension time out.

Gaussian offers a story arc against the Vanguard Swords, which are required for one of the defeat badges. You can either run the first mission a couple of times at 0/8, or run the second mission and quit the arc, if in ouro. Or proceed. To each their own. 

The Graveyard Shift  27.01  (Blue 25-29)

1st - mission [Steel Canyon]
  • Sneak to the back and defeat Newt and Malady
  • Object = slim office trashcan / tall waste basket

2nd - Hunt down the cannibal corpses [Steel Canyon]
  • Sneak to the back and defeat Dubstitch

3rd - Introduce yourself to the Freakshow in Talos Island
  • Defeat 15 Freakshow
3.5 - Crash the Unholy Masquerave [Talos]
  • Put Raverobber on mute = last room
  • Evidence = usually a table with computer in last room with Raverobber

4th - Speak with Dr. Pierce about the robbery [Skyway]
  • (top option) No need to be concerned, please just tell me what happened.
  • I have some questions to ask you.
  • (6th option) Do you know which direction they went when they left?
  • South, I'll add that o the list. Thanks
  • (bottom option) I think I have everything I need, ma'am.
  • (top option) Investigate The Emergency Callboxes
Call Agent Watkins
  • Ask about available missions
  • (top option) Understood. I'll check those out.
4.5th - Check the Callboxes [Skyway]
  • 1st, beside Pierce [1399.8 -126.0 -3103.5]
  • 2nd, [2066.2 -0.0 -536.1]
  • 3rd, [-402.3 -0.0 -255.7]
  • last, [890.0 -126.0 -1182.3]

5th - Investigate the Rusty Rivet bar, rescue 3 hostages [Faultline]
  • 3 Hostages
  • Defeat Salamander
  • Defeat Grey Matter

6th - Investigate Pathogen's Warehouse [Independence Port]
  • Investigate Pathogen's Warehouse = Rikti cannon crate near the front named "Vanguard Crate"
  • Unlock the front door, Look for anything suspicious, Arrest Pathogen

Finale - Arrest Cortex and End the War! [Kings Row]
  • Defeat Cortex

Doc Buzzsaw - Posi 1 (4th mission)
Dr. Vahzilok - The Vahzilok Plaque (blue 15-19)
Newt - Graveyard Shift 27.01 (blue 25-29, 1st mission)
Malady - Graveyard Shift 27.01 (blue 25-29, 1st mission)
Salamander - Graveyard Shift 27.01 (blue 25-29, 5th mission)
Grey Matter - Graveyard Shift 27.01 (blue 25-29, 5th mission)
Pathogen - Graveyard Shift 27.01 (blue 25-29, 6th mission)
Dr. Meinst - Graveyard Shift 27.01 (blue 25-29, 6th mission)
Cortex - Graveyard Shift 27.01 (blue 25-29, last mission)

Copied from my Badges/TF notes Discord
  • Thumbs Up 2