Seismic Blast's Meteor: how are you utilizing it?

Techwright

12 minutes ago, aethereal said:

If I'm reading City of Data right, Meteor's damage lands 5.5 seconds after casting, Rain of Arrows' damage lands 3.6 seconds after casting, so yes.  Almost 2 seconds more delay on Meteor.

It should be exactly 5s after activation. There is a NoHitDelay flag on the pseudopet summoning which means it does not wait for Hit Time to start the summon. It starts immediately, instead.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

22 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

Perfect solution? Given the divide between hating kb and loving it, the PERFECT solution would have been not to make the power have such a stupid amount of kb? I mean..look at energy blast again. hardly popular is it.

Hardly my principles either. The power out of the box, with that KB, is mechanically shitty. Who wants to spread a mob all over?

And yeah, it is a slot tax if I have to slot an IO because the power works in a non helpful way.

If you would rather not slot the IO, then you prefer the KB. That's what that means. So I have to assume you secretly prefer the KB unless you slot the IO. It's all pretty simple. You don't get to say I hate the KB but won't slot the IO, that's a nonsensical position that leaves you with the worst overall power for your preferences.

Edited by arcane

17 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

renaming my character Chicxulub or Extinction Level Event because of Meteor.

Sorry, beat you to it with Extinction Delivery.

Cause droppin dem rox like its hawt,  geologic events around clox.

• 2 weeks later
On 12/21/2021 at 7:57 PM, Techwright said:

Vredefort

Really nice catch with that name! Grats!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 4 weeks later
On 12/5/2021 at 7:52 AM, Techwright said:

With Seismic Blast, I started off using meteor like I did some of the other flashy tier 9 powers:  as often as I can.  This...didn't work.  Meteor has such a long wind-up before the pitch that teams were wiping out mobs before the meteor hit.   I've even seen this when the meteor was activated with mobs at 75%.  Big splashy nothingness.

To add insult to injury, I've seen what appears to be mobs leaving the field of impact and not being affected.  There've also apparently been mobs entering the field and being impacted. Well, that's a plus, I guess. This appears to be unlike other powers with a delayed hit where the hit decision is made by the computer at the moment the player fires off the power rather than visual fulfillment.  This latter always made sense to me because back in the original game, connection speeds were different, and results would have been skewed if the player had to wait until the visuals fired.

All that left me feeling that meteor was highly unpredictable...unless used as a first strike weapon.  It does work well, very well, if the mob is standing oblivious to impending doom.  I'm still working out when best to fire it if a tank or brute is taunting and herding. Obviously a tight group is a prime target, but is often down to 75% or more as the other teammates chip away at them.  That refers back to paragraph one.

I've also chosen to add the knockback-to-knockdown conversion enhancement.  While I admit the far-flung mobs are hilarious, and they currently entertain the teammates, I can see that tiring quickly and tank-y types decrying the destruction of their beautiful herding efforts. 

That's all me.  I've got to believe...I'm hoping...that someone has learned a different way of doing things that is more effective and usable at most any point in the fight.  With half of the powerset powers at minor or light, having the extreme-damage power be so (seemingly) conditional makes it feel like I'm not contributing as much as I could. 

I just got meteor yesterday. So far the thing I like to do the most with it is to go to perez park, find a rooftop with lots of mobs and watch them go flying. 

• Haha 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

On 12/9/2021 at 6:28 AM, Dona Eis Requiem said:

It sounds like the KB is your issue with it? If so, you'll have to decide if you're willing to sacrifice a slot for a KBtoKD in it. 

It takes some finessing to set it down in a good spot to mitigate the KB, otherwise. (Like any other KB power, I'm sure you're aware of). 

Soloing it's not too much of an issue because you have the time to set your rotation to get the results you want out of it.

(And not waste a perfectly good nuke)

I find that using it on teams, I'm better off without the KB.

Provided your team is at a level where they can handle consecutive mob aggro, setting it to drop on the next mob in your LoS can give it the time it needs to drop and actually hit something. Depending on the room, there shouldn't be much left to aggro anyhoo.

Also, just to state the sometimes-but-not-always-so-obvious -- there's 2 KB to KDs out there, Sudden Acceleration's (which is just KD/KB) and Overwhelming Force (which is damage/KB-KD). If you hate the "slot tax" of SA, OF is a pretty decent set to stick into the power, whether frankenslotted or not.

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!