Being Kind to One Another

Rahabina

1 hour ago, Rahabina said:

I always see nerd as being smart. I was always the girl with a book never very outgoing all my life. The most exciting time in my life was when the USAF let me be a navigator on a KC135, talk about a nerd dream

My dad flew C-130s, even the gunship in Vietnam. Great plane.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

violence IS the answer.

The only answer.

11 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

My dad flew C-130s, even the gunship in Vietnam. Great plane.

Puff the Magic Dragon, my dad was over there too and used to talk about them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Ok I messed around in @Rahabina's heart warming thread enough already, so gonna put all replies together before I go munch or my mild OCD will keep eyeing me nasty form the dark corner of my mind. Hope no one gets bothered I don't give them my full attention (that is a good thing according to some though). Have a good one!

@Rahabina OMGness this made me smile.

Glad it did, your original post made me smile too, if it was in a good or bad way you will never know!

@Aeroprism I have ginger hair.

Oh, so you are inmune to Darkness Affinity and Soul Mastery!

Though you might be sarcastic there, I'm not sure. As I said, not my first language.

Neither mine but sarcasm is an universal language ^_^, and yes, not entirely sarcastic however as that is usually a bit aggressive, more like sassy jesting.

@GraspingVileTerror Geography plays a large part in how "geek" and "nerd" get defined, from what I've seen. And that's even before we bring Canada and the rest of the English-speaking world in to the mix.

Truly, seems both concepts get paired more or considered equal in certain latitudes and in modern times, in my corner of the world and back in the good old days, both factions usually mingled on certain hobbies and shared interests, but fierce conflicts used to arise, for example, Star Wars vs Star Trek (first being mainly geeks, second being mainly Nerds), Marion Zimmer Bradley vs Isaac Asimov, movie vs books, one side calling something a hobby or entertainment while others considered it almost a way of life, etc, the gruesomest of battles came to life I recall when the geeks participated in LARP casually and made jokes about it, that day angels wept tears of blood :P.

@Bill Z BubbaI'm confused. I'm a nerd and a geek, in favor of individual freedoms, but often think violence IS the answer.

You are a very convoluted individual, do you happen to also be a grinner, a lover and a sinner?

@The_WarpactThe only answer.

It varies with the question to me, but, certainly you win an argument if the interlocutor is passed out!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

2 hours ago, Albion said:

Daaaaaamn, rolling those clouds on an stratotanker, that is mean (as in good), the way I see it, Nerds are those who played D&D 3.5 and below and got laughed at for it, Geeks are the ones playing 5th and making popular streams about it 😛

Ah, 5th. Every veteran player’s 2nd favorite edition.:-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Don't Geeks bite the heads off live chickens?  Did Katherine Dunn lie to me?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

8 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Don't Geeks bite the heads off live chickens?  Did Katherine Dunn lie to me?

That cover from David Hughes always gave me nightmares; people tends to forget the term was applied to carnival performers of the grotesque venue once.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, cranebump said:

Ah, 5th. Every veteran player’s 2nd favorite edition.:-)

You sir, like to live dangerously.

For fun, call someone in general chat a nerd and wait how long they go before someone points out that you're all playing a videogame together for context's sake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

True story here, bear with me. 

I once teamed with someone who was knowledgeable (about the game), a bit sarcastic, but quite funny, It was just a pug thing, I made a note, and left on my merry way. 

Fast Forward, another friend asked me to an Apex/Tin Mage combo. I get there, and I see this chap again, and I see a couple of other players I had teamed with before and had a good experience with. One of these other players starts just talking like crap to the others. I mean, if someone said that kind of thing to me, I'd have found some way to meet them in person and slap the taste out of their mouth. 

So, in an effort to try to keep the tfs drama free, I sent the offender a tell, espousing the virtues of the other player. Turns out, they are friends and have been gaming with each other a very long time, and are always talking smack to each other. 

Sometimes, I'll see disparaging remarks in help, and then...I wonder...maybe those two know each other and are just ribbing each other. For the most part, that's usually the case. The exceptions are when someone asks an off-topic question that should be in help channel, but they ask in LFG, or an lfg request in Help. 

There is one thing that tends to be met with abuse in either channel, and that's the requesting of PL in a repetitious fashion. Like, every 20-30 seconds for several minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I once teamed with someone who was knowledgeable (about the game), a bit sarcastic, but quite funny, It was just a pug thing, I made a note, and left on my merry way. 

Fast Forward, another friend asked me to an Apex/Tin Mage combo. I get there, and I see this chap again, and I see a couple of other players I had teamed with before and had a good experience with. One of these other players starts just talking like crap to the others. I mean, if someone said that kind of thing to me, I'd have found some way to meet them in person and slap the taste out of their mouth. 

So, in an effort to try to keep the tfs drama free, I sent the offender a tell, espousing the virtues of the other player. Turns out, they are friends and have been gaming with each other a very long time, and are always talking smack to each other. 

Sometimes, I'll see disparaging remarks in help, and then...I wonder...maybe those two know each other and are just ribbing each other. For the most part, that's usually the case. The exceptions are when someone asks an off-topic question that should be in help channel, but they ask in LFG, or an lfg request in Help. 

There is one thing that tends to be met with abuse in either channel, and that's the requesting of PL in a repetitious fashion. Like, every 20-30 seconds for several minutes. 

I appreciate you sharing your experience ❤️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rahabina said:

I am on Excelsior if you need an ear to listen

Only if you promise to talk smack at me!

All my characters are on Excelsior too. Global is the same as my forum name so any of you guys can hit me up if you see me there, I always love to group and I have absolutely no problems with PuGs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

All my characters are on Excelsior too. Global is the same as my forum name so any of you guys can hit me up if you see me there, I always love to group and I have absolutely no problems with PuGs.

I am a habitual farmer and love exempting to help pugs, I sent you an offline, I am always wanting to make friends

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Ukase said:

If you can’t shit on your friends, are they really your friends

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Rahabina said:

I am a habitual farmer and love exempting to help pugs, I sent you an offline, I am always wanting to make friends

I'll accept it when I get home tonight.  I have a farmer on an another account but I don't use it much and I never use it to PL characters (mine or others).  At first I used it to get purple recipes and some inf but I got somewhat bored of always doing the same 2 maps with the same brute.

Generally, I make characters, solo them for the first 5-7 levels to see if I like the feel, then group the ish out of level 10-35 and then, well, depends if it's a solo-friendly or group-happy build.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

I’m on Excel and I’ll abuse you 🙂

• Haha 1

Nerds?  You don't know me.  Just because we read and post on an online forum about a superhero MMO doesn't mean we're all.... oh... wait... yeah ok, I can see that.. carry on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

12 hours ago, Albion said:

You sir, like to live dangerously.

It's true. Been that way since I had to deal with Bargle, Lareth the Beautiful, and and that crazy hermit near the KotB.

Edited by cranebump
  • Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.