Is there a Brute Tier List similar to Croax's Stalker Tier List?

Linea

I think for me you can minimize the clicks on EA. There will always be that one click on SR/Shield. I ran a +2 Manti tonight and hardly touched my clicks at all and went off on soloing numerous mobs. Solo is a different story, but once Incarnates kick in, end game content will be rather smooth.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Got a Rad/fire to 50 so I can try out non-farm content with a Fire Brute. Need to work on accolades and Incarnates, but FA feels kind of average. I have an EA at 50 on a Stalker and Scrapper. I would likely do one on a Brute, but I feel like the build would just be rerolled the instant Tanks got EA. If I can finally give Savage the thumbs up, I might do Savage/ea. Savage lacks in mitigation so EA will help there. Savage has enough AoE to counter the lack of extra damage coming from the secondary sans the recharge.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

30 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Got a Rad/fire to 50 so I can try out non-farm content with a Fire Brute. Need to work on accolades and Incarnates, but FA feels kind of average.

Have to take CJ for immobilize protection. Have to slot multiple KB protection IOs. Have to slot recharge debuff protection. The more I play non-defense based armors the more I appreciate almost never being hit by debuffs.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Have to take CJ for immobilize protection. Have to slot multiple KB protection IOs. Have to slot recharge debuff protection. The more I play non-defense based armors the more I appreciate almost never being hit by debuffs.

2 hours ago, Brutal Justice said:

Sounds balanced

Fire Armor's quirk is it does not come with KB protection and does not toggle on immobilization protection but rather Burn's itself free. Any other Resistance set would simply have a toggle turned on and ignore those debuffs (as BZB well knows). On the other hand no other protection set, defensive or resistance, has the damage dealing capacity of Fire Armor. That is the balance.

• Like 1

Burn is enough for immobilizes. The self buff effect lasts way longer than we go without dropping a Burn. And a single -KB is enough for me, but, I do use Evasive Maneuvers. But I -still- only used one before EvM was a thing.

That said, yeah, Rad Armor has (probably and only until procs are nerfed) replaced Fire Armor. I'm currently running a Brunker version with Martial arts both for the 7.5% defense (allowing to ease up on the slotting) as well for the synergy of Dragon's Tail providing a fertile ground for FF procs to make up for the lack of recharge in Radiation Therapy. I'll make a post about it later, but this combo's gimmicks are synergizing well.

• Like 1

For primary I would take Energy Melee or Super Strength.

I've read alot of posts on best primaries, and best dps, but in my actual play, EM and SS have always provided me with the best experience. I've had both on max io'd toons and the thing with them is they need HIGH recharge to really shine. EM needs it for it's 1-2 TF+ET combo with frequent build ups. I now prefer EM on scrapper for higher burst damage. SS really shines with high global recharge and FF procs. Once recharge is high enough you can almost chain Knockout Blow, Footstomp, and haymaker. It has very good mitigation thanks to footstomps knockdown, and you can get it even higher if you took the kb proc for hand clap, but I wouldn't take hand clap just for that.

Plenty of sets have higher dps, higher burst, but as an all around set, SS with high recharge is really good.

For secondaries, the best I have used are Invulnerability, Super Reflexes, and Energy Aura. Through my testing , maxed out /SR will probably outperform the other 2 in 95% of the content because of its high defense and DDR. When built right all you need is a tray of greens and rarely will you run out of greens.

/INV maxed out is amazing. You don't need the T9 with IO's, and the overall mitigation of defense, resistance, +HP/big heal is very strong. Way stronger than it some times seems to be given credit for. Paired with the +regen incarnate and all the small heal io's - absolute beast to anything except some psionics.

/EA on a brute is crazy good. Medium DDR, but you can double Overload for 6 minutes of 3200hp, stupid high defenses, and recovery. Only real weakness imo is psionics which is why I choose /SR over /EA despite /EA's killer T9.

So if I had to pick a best brute, imo, it would probably be:

SS/SR

SS/INV

SS/EA

SS/SR built with max hp and resists in mind would probably be the strongest overall, having the least weaknesses of the three.

Edited by 1seanv

• 3 weeks later
On 2/13/2022 at 12:30 PM, 1seanv said:

/EA on a brute is crazy good. Medium DDR, but you can double Overload for 6 minutes of 3200hp, stupid high defenses, and recovery. Only real weakness imo is psionics which is why I choose /SR over /EA despite /EA's killer T9.

Amen to that. I had an Ice/EA that was pretty fun, except when I was running Carnie arcs and kept getting slaughtered. I had to keep dropping the difficulty until it was just embarrassing and hard to keep fury against small spawns.  So I switched back to Super Reflexes and punched every Carnie in the face and dodged all their PBAoE death end-drains.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:59 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm still not a fan of how clicky NrgAura feels. And it's just two clicks.

Do what I did. Roll a Staff/NRG/Gloom Brute. Then get used to re-pulling your staff from where-ever the hell it is you store it over and over and over again every time you need to heal or do the End+Def thingy or Gloom something. 

Ended up rolling a Staff/Inv stalker with no epic attacks just to get away from it (okay Inv has one clickie too but at least there's a longer recharge).

I go Ageless for EA anyway so I find I don't need to click on ED that much if at all. I only really need it since one build uses FA. On another, it vastly sits there unused. Missions with -def and Psy attacks will give EA fits.

GIS could use some love, but I still find Ice to be rather fantastic. Certainly in the case of soloing.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

I'm no expert on Brutes (or anything, really) but I have an Energy/Willpower Brute that has not disappointed.  Solos everything at +4/8 without breaking a sweat and has joined LRSF at +4/8 and acted as a tank with little difficulty, even when other toons were taking dirt naps all around him.

You've got make sure you kill those Sappers Johnny-quick, but other than that, he's awesome.   😁👍

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Cancrusher said:

I'm no expert on Brutes (or anything, really) but I have an Energy/Willpower Brute that has not disappointed.  Solos everything at +4/8 without breaking a sweat and has joined LRSF at +4/8 and acted as a tank with little difficulty, even when other toons were taking dirt naps all around him.

You've got make sure you kill those Sappers Johnny-quick, but other than that, he's awesome.   😁👍

Curious what your Incarnates are.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

3 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Curious what your Incarnates are.

Hybrid:  Melee Partial Core Graft

Barrier: Partial Core Invocation

Interface: Spectral Total Radial Conversion

Judgement: Vorpal Total Radial Judgement

Alpha: Resilient Total Core Revamp

Lore: Nothing (Didn't fit the character concept to have pets)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Only level 41, but Ice\stone\soul has to be in the running for best overall build I've run regardless of the map. It has cake walked some of the maps with heavy doses of Psi-Cops and their ranged attacks. Biggest con right now is lack of En Resist, but the Def is high enough it isn't that huge of an issue. I had about a 3 level run where end became an issue but more slotting and hitting 40 for that extra row of inspirs has helped. Still only +1/x4, but I see no reason to not do +3 for more of my standard soloing whatever map at a casual level when I hit +1. x8 when I can add in for DDR with Ageless as mobs are small enough now stacking -Def hasn't been much of an issue. Likely more getting Ageless for the Recharge and End. I will say how DoT heavy the build is I had to change how I attack to more spreading my attacks around to let the DoT work versus focusing on single targets unless it is a boss or EB. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.