Indomitable Needs Your Help

Turric

Not all of you, mind you, but some of you. The numbers on Indom have dwindled in the past year. We used to have Hami and MSR raids every night with plenty of turn out. Now it is difficult to get 24 for a Hami and MSR regularly runs with 16 or less. Itrials, which are held every night struggle to get 12 solid players. And the raids are no longer every night, but staggered throughout the week. There also used to be regularly task force runs, but now most of them run on the weekends when numbers are slightly better. I know there is some pvp and people doing arena fights, but I am truly stumped as to what people do when there are well publicized raids. I know I get burned out on some of them and take a break, and I understand that, but 10% or less of the population showing up to raids is a little off. There can be 120+ online and still have to wait and wait for 12 to join Itrials. Maybe there are a ton of new players here who do not understand it. I really do not know.

What I am asking, is that some of you put a character or two back on Indom to prop up the numbers, at least during Hami, MSR and Itrial times (which is to say, prime time). If it helps, there are a lot of names available there that are not available on the big servers. I put a character on Excel and Everlasting and was astounded at all the activity. People just running Itrials during the day, getting 24 players with just a few call outs. I am jealous. But I also do not want to give up on Indomitable.

TLDR; help Indomitable. At least a few times a week.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately, the only shards doing well ATM are Excelsior and Everlasting, and they've both taken a substantial hit in player population as well over the past couple of years.  All of Homecoming has.  It's just much worse on the other three shards as the more people that leave Homecoming overall, the more Indomitable, Torchbearer, and Reunion players feel like they need to move to Excelsior or Everlasting, so the more the player base consolidates on Excelsior and Everlasting.  Heck, the overall Homecoming player population decline has recently reached the point that Everlasting is now regularly showing as "light" in the American morning hours when it was always at least medium at all times two years ago. 

As to what players not coming to raids are doing... some are farming, but honestly, not everyone likes raids or Incarnate trials.  A lot of people dislike Hamidon raids, and even more people dislike Rikti mothership raids.  Incarnate trials were contentious back on live as a lot of people didn't care for them, and lot of people still don't.  I regularly led Hamidon raids on live, and I've led mothership raids for years, and even I can only tolerate so many raids.  It just is what it is.  You're never going to find that everyone is interested in your activity.

I hope things turn around soon.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 4

Thank for this.

Indom is my home and it has been heartbreaking to see this happen.

I am at fault. My current work schedule severely limits me to some, some, weekend play. I have gone from a nightly player to next to no play.

That changes in April .... Hope Indom is still there.

• Like 3

/e poofgone

Yeah, I started on Indom - really liked the MSRs as I hadn't been able to do them back in the day - but my work schedule usually sees me gaming overnight or early morning.  It can be hard to even find a decent PUG at those hours on Excelsior, much less any other shard as it is; Indom would be right out.  And obviously I'm just not available during th eprime time for any of those raids.

I went through this with Live too, especially once the then-new Incarnate stuff corralled a majority of the player base into grinding the same few things post-50: first I had to leave whatever server I was on to find one with population overnight, then had to give up playing redside for the same reasons.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Thank for this.

Indom is my home and it has been heartbreaking to see this happen.

I am at fault. My current work schedule severely limits me to some, some, weekend play. I have gone from a nightly player to next to no play.

That changes in April .... Hope Indom is still there.

You are not the only one. I left in November for awhile because of work and waning interest. When I came back, it was worse than last summer. You are definitely not the only one. And I do not blame those who left the server. If I could get my names on Excel or Everlasting, I probably would switch.

But, we do have some really good raid leaders. Some of them lead raids on the other servers. We also have a fixed schedule which is kind of nice for planning. I wish my own schedule allowed me to take part in more Itrials.

I understand everyone's reasons. But if you can find some time...

• Like 1

I felt bad about leaving and I held on as long as I could but really it was the nightly raids that killed it for me. Nothing against them but they're not my jam. So it was pretty dead, then primetime would come along and for my purposes it remained dead since the bulk of the players were siphoned off to the raids or had already jumped server. 

• Thanks 2

I would love to see more players on Indom for sure, but as someone who lived on Protector during the entire live server days i'm used to the quiet.  I admit i'm probably part of the issue with the low raid turnouts; my schedule doesn't let me play during peak raiding/trial hours and I usually don't get on until after the last trial is wrapping up, plus my raging altitis often sees me on characters not able to participate when I do get earlier times.

I wonder if there would be enough night owls among the ranks that we could maybe just all pop in after midnight or something.  Instead of the PvP server, we could be the (safe for work) after dark server instead?

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I don't think server population was a huge factor in the changes to the MSR schedule on Indom; the same core of people were running two raids a night, every night (holidays included) for almost 2 years before dialing it back some.  

It's just a shame because they've pretty much got the MSR down to a science; I'd love to see what a 48-wide league could do if run like it is on Indom these days.

• Like 5

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Everyone's alluded to the causes of this issue, and frankly it's not an Indom only problem as @Apparition mentioned. What hasn't been said is that the volunteers and staff who run this community are also slowly departing. Jimmy hasn't been on in a long time, less and less content is being created because there are less volunteer devs to create it (and less players to test it). While I was hopeful that after the 2019 population boom, the player count would stabilize, I see it hasn't even stagnated - there are even less people posting and viewing the forums these days. 

Sorry for the 'Doom and Gloom' folks 😄 

• Like 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Guys, just team with me, we will have a blast. 😄

I have cake. I mean... I don't really but... I do if you think I do. 

• Like 3

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

2 hours ago, roleki said:

It's just a shame because they've pretty much got the MSR down to a science; I'd love to see what a 48-wide league could do if run like it is on Indom these days.

The Oklahoman on Excel runs MSR and more really well on Excel, from what I've seen (come to think of it, I don't think I've hardly any "badly run" raids by any one of any sort on Excel).  Still though, yeah, it would be nice if these were more wide spread.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

47 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

The Oklahoman on Excel runs MSR and more really well on Excel, from what I've seen (come to think of it, I don't think I've hardly any "badly run" raids by any one of any sort on Excel).  Still though, yeah, it would be nice if these were more wide spread.

Excel MSR is much better than Indom MSR from my experience 

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Everyone's alluded to the causes of this issue, and frankly it's not an Indom only problem as @Apparition mentioned. What hasn't been said is that the volunteers and staff who run this community are also slowly departing. Jimmy hasn't been on in a long time, less and less content is being created because there are less volunteer devs to create it (and less players to test it). While I was hopeful that after the 2019 population boom, the player count would stabilize, I see it hasn't even stagnated - there are even less people posting and viewing the forums these days. 

Sorry for the 'Doom and Gloom' folks 😄 

If that's the case, the remaining devs should consider consolidating the shards while they still have enough bandwidth to attempt it and the community is still large enough to survive the exodus of the butthurt.  I imagine that consolidation would also prevent casual players from wandering into the wastelands and wrongly assuming the game is abandoned, and, having less shards to pay for would make it easier for the remaining players to meet the monthly donation goals.

ETA: I mean, I routinely run into more players in AP on Brainstorm than I do on Indom.  That's not great.

Edited by roleki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

49 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

They DO run the MSR on Excel and there's nothing objectionable about the way whoever does it there DOES it, but they don't start on Pylon 17 or speculate what flavor the shield is or point out the taco or know what I'm talking about when I raise questions about lizard breasts 13 months later.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Hope Indom is still there.

I don't know that what dev team is thinking, but I would highly doubt they are eager to pull any plug on a server as that generates all sorts of negative press for a game. I could see going three servers, US, EU, and RP, but I just doubt that's in the works anytime soon.

I started on Torch, so at least one of my characters have a '.' in their name when I moved them over to Excel. I had thought of moving some back as a place for "retirement," but I just haven't done so. I say "retirement" as I would fully plan on still playing the builds but just less so.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

13 hours ago, roleki said:

For real! The MSR leader, Mrs, has it down. My understanding is that they (he/she) also run raids on another server but I am unsure which.

Theodorre and Stryke do the Itrials every night, with some pretty veteran people underneath to prop them up and they do a good job.

The Hami raid has been done by a few people lately but Blighted and Blaze do an amazing job with what little shows up. The days of 5 Hami kills a night, every night, might be sadly in the past, but we still get it down with the few that show.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, arcane said:

Excel MSR is much better than Indom MSR from my experience 

I haven't seen that... but I do miss speculation about what falvor the shield is that day, it's true.  :classic_sad:

Go have fun!

The only thing I can think of that will save Torch and Indom is The Talks finally reaching an agreement, Homecoming being allowed to advertise, and doing something to entice new players to roll on Indom or Torch. The double XP they gave out on Excel and Everlasting when they first spun up worked too well.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

The only thing I can think of that will save Torch and Indom is The Talks finally reaching an agreement, Homecoming being allowed to advertise, and doing something to entice new players to roll on Indom or Torch. The double XP they gave out on Excel and Everlasting when they first spun up worked too well.

No new updates on "the talks" since last year (per my signature thread):

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/31053-a-history-of-the-talks-a-consolidation-of-the-hc-team-legal-discussion/

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

22 hours ago, Sakai said:

The most recent dip seems to have coincided with the release of Elden Ring. Everyone i know is playing it. 

They will be back. 

Well, I don't have as much time to spend as school went from zoom to online the second week of Feb.  So, now I have to get dressed, eat breakfast, travel to school arriving early, study between classes, and then come home.   The nice thing about zoom was that I could roll out of bed and go to zoom without having to get all dressed up.

• Like 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

Indom is a ghost town lately, I have moved to Excel.  I didn't want to do it, but I like having people to play with.  Population on Excel is getting lower as well, it reminds me of when Indom began to decline noticeably.   I have a feeling we will all need to concentrate somewhere as people leave.  There should be enough who stay to keep one server pretty strong, this really is the best game out there.

• Like 2