Alt Account Benefits Galore!

Snarky

10 minutes ago, Crysis said:

I think some some people are just social players and enjoy the company and chatting regardless

of min/max for XP gain.  And honestly I see a fair number of farmers exchanging power farming just to have an audience.

Yea, I can grok that.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Crysis said:

I think some some people are just social players and enjoy the company and chatting regardless

of min/max for XP gain.  And honestly I see a fair number of farmers exchanging power farming just to have an audience.

Some of us like helping too! Can't count how many MM's I've helped, and not just levels/money stuff. A lot of it is just explaining things, it is a complex class. (or can be.)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The company is nice. My farmer's an actual character and it's nice to get to play with a doorsitter or seven that way while I'm doing my thing on my map.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

Counter point, if you have two accounts you might mistakenly start emailing out bundles of currency out to your characters only to realize you sent them to the wrong account.

"Wait, who did I just email 100 mill to?"

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

58 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Counter point, if you have two accounts you might mistakenly start emailing out bundles of currency out to your characters only to realize you sent them to the wrong account.

"Wait, who did I just email 100 mill to?"

I just mailed myself 28 D-Syncs last night and was very nervous :l

• Haha 1

The first two emails in each of my mailboxes are from the account themselves and from my alt account.  I haven't had to actually type out an address to send something to either of those accounts for over two years, I simply reply to one of those emails.

• Thanks 1

Formerly of Guardian server, my global was @Panzer Saint.

58 minutes ago, arcane said:

I just mailed myself 28 D-Syncs last night and was very nervous :l

Another good reason to have multiple accounts.  In equipping a character on another shard, I needed to move about 25 enhancements that I crafted on my main.  Emailing that many single items is way too tedious, so I have a character who was made purely to ferry items across shards.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:33 AM, arcane said:

Point is even if it’s most (zero evidence provided for that statement but let’s assume it’s true), it’s clearly not all, and your old computer is an anecdote - clearly a pretty great computer in that time. So maybe don’t assume people aren’t trying to help themselves since that’s a dickhead thing to get wrong.

1)  My computer that was able to run three accounts back on live was absolutely NOT a "pretty great computer".  I did not play any high-end games and therefore did not have a powerful 'gaming system'.

2) I never said that all computers could handle multiple accounts.  But is it definitely 'most'.  Evidence?  Okay, according to the Steam Hardware and Software Survey, here's what people with Steam accounts are using:

92% have Windows 10 or 11

93% have 8GB or more of RAM

95% have a CPU running at 2GHz or faster

89% have discrete video cards (i.e. not using graphics on the CPU)

Obviously this isn't all gamers and I excluded Mac hardware but it's definitely representative of computer hardware currently in use by gamers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 4/12/2022 at 2:39 PM, Snarky said:

The benefits: I earn quite a bit of INF on the farmer

Can I borrow fifty million Inf?

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 4/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, GuardianSaint said:

The first two emails in each of my mailboxes are from the account themselves and from my alt account.  I haven't had to actually type out an address to send something to either of those accounts for over two years, I simply reply to one of those emails.

This is how I do it too. Although last time I fitted out my TA/Elec I used trade because I was gutting a(nother) failed Domi to outfit the Defender. 

I use alt accounts to powerlevel myself to about level 25-27 then play the character from there, IOing as I go as I love the build slowly maturing in the late 20s/30s as slots fill up. 

But yes, all emails are Reply All's to the original "hello" ones to avoid me misplacing inf (instead I tend to forget who has what. Came across my Thugs/traps last night who had 120 million on him I'd forgotten about)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Can I borrow fifty million Inf?

That's 30 minutes or less worth of work for a multiboxer. I like #125 "Bloody Rainbow" for that. 

• Like 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

On 4/12/2022 at 5:06 PM, arcane said:

I’m pointing out that not everyone can do it and any assertion to the contrary is called a lie. It’s completely on topic. Get over it.

So you can’t run two instances? If you can why the bashing of this thread? Plus they’ll all still be fine. Plenty of farms to go around! Not from me. (I immediately stop when I’m 50 and farming is mad exhausting).

Sounds like you’re mad you can’t run two instances, no one makes this big a fuss unless it struck close to home.

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 4/12/2022 at 5:56 PM, arcane said:

Considering he mocked me for suggesting that not everyone can do it, it seemed obvious in his future posts that he was taking the stance that everyone can do it. Otherwise why would you mock a fact.....

I admit to overlooking his "almost". Easy to do when he's mocking that notion himself.

That’s not at all what happened. This is overall useful advice I give others too, and you came in and for literally no reason started attacking the OP. 

Edited by Seed22
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

7 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

That's 30 minutes or less worth of work for a multiboxer. I like #125 "Bloody Rainbow" for that. 

So you're saying there's a chance!😃

• Haha 2

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

17 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

I do very limited farming.  Mostly to PL some new alt.  So, about 3 hours every two weeks.  That generates 50-100 mil in influence, plus the recipes (about 80?) which I craft, convert, and sell for a couple hundred million.

It was my understanding that multiboxing farmers led to less rewards due to the split between teammates.  Does anyone have the facts on this?

34 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I do very limited farming.  Mostly to PL some new alt.  So, about 3 hours every two weeks.  That generates 50-100 mil in influence, plus the recipes (about 80?) which I craft, convert, and sell for a couple hundred million.

It was my understanding that multiboxing farmers led to less rewards due to the split between teammates.  Does anyone have the facts on this?

I make more when I multibox. I think the drops are split but not the inf gained, so i get much more in raw currancy.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Inf is split after being buffed by number of players on team.

image.png.73712282ea1ab6ef28584c20be093cab.png

Thanks Bill!

I assume the Inf is the same as the XP multiplier, so with 3 accounts I'm making 1.5 as much as I would playing a single character. It may be split across 3 accounts but that's still a net 50% gain since I'm the same person. It does explain a few head-scratches I had, so thank you. 😁

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Neiska said:

I make more when I multibox. I think the drops are split but not the inf gained, so i get much more in raw currancy.

Also every so often when I multibox I get a purple or two on both accounts.

The first time this happened this past year I was shocked. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, golstat2003 said:

Also every so often when I multibox I get a purple or two on both accounts.

The first time this happened this past year I was shocked. LOL

I was just leveling an alt over the weekend. Usually I don't watch their recipes/salvage stocks until they are full and time to sell. Opened my alts and saw four purple recipes. First time that's happened. But I will see 2 or 3 sometimes. I always get at least 1 or 2 during the level up process.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

I do very limited farming.  Mostly to PL some new alt.  So, about 3 hours every two weeks.

Yeah, I hardly ever farm.  And I don't ever PL any character that I actually intend to play.  But then why would I PL at all?

Oh, look.  Dr Q is coming up in the rotation.  (Or was.  I thought of this a couple months ago.)

I should PL an extra character to doorsit while I solo the TF on my main.  That's an extra 244 merits at the end.  Or more - I log in my main, my 2nd account, my 3rd account and my girlfriend logs in hers.  Then I solo to the final mission on my main and everyone logs back in.  Took me several hours (team size is set to 4 even if everyone is logged out) but that was 732 merits for me and 244 for my girlfriend for playing one mission.  🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

You may get less PER CHARACTER, but overall you could get more if you are controlling all the characters in the run. For instance, there are some findings in this thread on Reddit.

Let's say it takes you roughly 30 minutes to finish a 125 run, whether you are running 1-3 characters at the same time on the same machine. At the end of that 30 minutes, would you rather have, say, 30 million from 1 character, 40 million from 2 characters, or 50 million from 3 characters? Probably the latter, even though per character you are earning less than you would with just 1. It still took just 30 minutes of your time and required minimal effort to get an extra 20 million.

I guess you could Dyson Sphere that thing and control all 8 spots, but as was mentioned earlier we limit to just 3 at max, assuming all other conditions are favorable.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

On 4/12/2022 at 4:58 PM, roleki said:

To be fair, HC is 64-bit now, so people running a Cyrix proc on an EP-MVP3G-M may experience trouble launching the game.

Anyone still using a motherboard that has a floppy drive connector is likely deceased, I'd think. I'm 55 now. I haven't played on a system that old even when coh was in its infancy. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

Anyone still using a motherboard that has a floppy drive connector is likely deceased, I'd think. I'm 55 now. I haven't played on a system that old even when coh was in its infancy. 

I wish I could agree with you, but I just rescued a 50MB PATA drive over New Year's.  But, that was attached to a massive industrial welder, not a gaming rig.

Those of you who continue to profess a belief in the Users will receive the standard, substandard training which will result in your eventual elimination.
That will be all.