Real Life leveling, enhancing, and badging

In the last 60 days I've:

1. Respec'ed to a power that I'd abandoned years ago, removing all enhancements from it to focus on others.  I've now spent some resources to slot "charcoal drawing" with a trainer-level accuracy, and a proc for recovery.  While its nowhere near what I ultimately want, I am noticing an immediate improvement.

2. added the "Monk's Mound" exploration badge, which I found at the top of the UNESCO world heritage site Cahokia Mounds.  Gave me a bonus of +1 to my perception.

Still got to work on my defenses though.  My arch-nemesis "Work" has been hitting me with Confuse, Stun, and Fear with an endurance drain that finishes off with an unwanted Sleep effect.  I've had to use a lot of green inspirations image.png.7e1f6a743e764d64a7966ca97a725e7f.png to stay upright.  

How about you?  Any interesting advancements to share this year?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

My mastermind is currently going through the AE arc 801F "Work is trying to kill you". Its currently on +4×8, no incarnate powers.

Its facing the evil corporation and the GMs State and Federal, who have a mag 6 confuse aura and taunt.

The xp is apparently borked and inf/rewards do not meet the challenge level. I slotted primarily for acc and endurance, as damage against huge bags of HP like that are useless.

There are cut scenes that show the corporation explaining nonsense and coming out of it you are auto hit with disorient. Which makes the ambushes a real pain to deal with.

I think overall these corporation missions are part of a previous arc called "What fresh hell will they unleash today" its 801C btw. It seems they come out with a new arc every year just to have players quit the arcs and goto better rewards and easier missions. 

Its a weird arc, and I probably should just slap a bug report on it and move on. Especially considering lower level players are getting better inf/rewards.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I respec’d back into Guitar after a developer fixed a bug that rendered the power broken for the last 5 years 🙂 Unfortunately my power is not exactly fully slotted with purples yet at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

After getting my Blue Collar Worker achievement, I started on the Wage Slave accolade.

I hate time gated content.

I'm guessing a time gate of only 8 hours per day.  How long does the accolade take? 😄

Passed 25 yrs as a secondary teacher. I am vet level 10,000. My perception is maxed out. I can spot bullshit before it enters the area.

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I'm a maxed out incarnate with 200+ vet levels carrying a team of mostly low levels through content that is challenging to them but quite easy for me.  The rewards are sufficient.  Plus I've run higher difficulty content and done the math.  Obtaining greater rewards is far too much pain for too little gain.  Thus, I'm in a pretty optimal spot where I'm at and I'm planning to stay here for a while.  Additionally, to stave off boredom, I've started working on my Netflix consumption badge and my Ukulele songs learned badge.

(Also, fantastic thread.  I love all the responses)

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Got myself a sidekick at work so I'm slowly churning time on my Mentor badge. Recently updated our personal base to a larger plot (with fewer too-steep stairs and weird build hacks). And my long-time teammate and I picked up our 15th Anniversary badge today - this one's called "hey honey we've officially lasted longer than your parents did" 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

My Boss constantly volunteers me for Missions that he has no idea how to complete, earning me the " It'll be a piece of Cake" badge, and furthering my progress toward the infamous " Here, Hold my Beer..." badge. I have Mastered all the Debt badges but have no Illusions of ever getting the ones at the opposite end of that particular spectrum. I got another recently, not the " You should see the other Guy " badge rather the " I am the other Guy " badge. I have no idea why, but at level 1 I was awarded the " Darwin Laughs " badge, I have no idea what that was about. Well hopefully the rewards will keep coming now that I've passed Veteran Level 58, but not holding my breath, unless there's a badge for that, I'll have to check. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

2 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Ok I've been patient, I have layers to my Easter eggs, you caught one. But, you didn't go far enough, its the melting point of salt. 

Fascinating.  Unfortunately I was saddled in high school with two years of biology and one year of physics with no chemistry classes.  Sooo...I've learned something new today!  Yay!

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 1

Having recently handled my 1,000 complaint, I have now earned the "Sorry Karen, I am the Manager" badge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

As an elementary school teacher, I set out to be Scholastic, and used some Authority to engage Students in Vigorous lessons.  Some wily Pupils try to pretend they are the Top Dog, but I am Keen Sighted and become the Unveiler of their plots. This year I have been tasked with being a Plague Stopper, a Doctor’s Ally, a Liberator of ideas, a Negotiator of parental overzealous micromanaging, and a Redeemer of the perpetually misbehaving.

I think I better stop now.  This is a deeper rabbit hole than I want to consider. No more Burning the Midnight Oil for some Intellectual or Academic pursuit. I will seek the Spiritual Solace of a Nature Lover or a Bird Watcher in an Unspoiled park. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

As I age, I notice there are more missions where the Crey Narcotic is applied and I am totally unaware.

But, I am eating better, and I try to get 8hrs sleep. Sometimes the mutated prostate has different ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

The Vahzilok at my lvl 5 sidekicks preschool arc keep giving the rest of my supergroup the infamous snot nose badges.

..other than that i found a way to use the older DO enhancements (that were laying in a cardboard enhancement rack under my desk at work) on newer power sets.. The newer IOs cost a few million influence so Julie the Goulie over in purchasing keeps removing my Auction House bids.

Edited by fancy ketchup
Cant slplell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently working on my "Walk It Off" badge as I do tightly scheduled production runs with persistent plantar fascitis.  If I'm lucky, I may also get the "Collateral Damage" badge from a co-worker who has been coughing and sneezing (but mostly coughing) for two straight weeks.  Suffice it to say, he's already earned the "With Friends Like You..." badge from the rest of us.  Another co-worker may already have gotten "Collateral Damage" - if so, he's in the running for the "Vacation?  What Vacation?" badge, seeing as he planned a trip for next week.

...so, do these have to be real, in-game badges?  Because I'm pretty sure I made up all the above.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

...so, do these have to be real, in-game badges?  Because I'm pretty sure I made up all the above.

Does my green inspiration in the OP look in-game?  No, just has to have the feel of being part of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1