New healing IO Set, Caduceus

Im sure there is a formula for IO stats and stuff by now so ill skip the set bonuses

2 piece: 2.25% s/l resist

3 piece: 1.5% e/ne resist

4 piece: 1.5% c/f resist

5 piece: 3% damage bonus

6 piece: 7.5% recharge

The Basilisk's Gaze Hold set has 7.5% rech and does not interfere with LOTG procs, so just keep that in mind before nutting.  Also the thoughts behind this is that all healing set bonuses are kinda crap.  +healing bonuses do not do much at all, even for emps who can slot a lot.  +healing set bonuses does not effect regen, so regen aura, AB, painbringer, etc just flat out do not benefit from this.  same goes for dull pain, true grit and so on

While this does sound like another Regen thread, there are plenty of Armor sets with healing or health boosting effects out there as well as entire archetypes like corruptors who want to do a little more

• Thumbs Up 1

You offered up an IO set suggestion, but all you gave us were a list of desired set bonuses. What does the set do? What does each enhancement enhance? Does it have a special proc? A unique? Perhaps neither? 

• Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

You offered up an IO set suggestion, but all you gave us were a list of desired set bonuses. What does the set do? What does each enhancement enhance? Does it have a special proc? A unique? Perhaps neither? 

i think there is already a baseline on how sets work with little variance

end/rech

heal/end

heal/rech

heal

heal/end/rech

a proc, but we already have a regen, regen/recov, recov, a raw heal and an absorb proc already so ganna leave this blank but open

but yeah, i just wanted a healing set that just does not suck

38 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

end/rech

heal/end

heal/rech

heal

heal/end/rech

a proc, but we already have a regen, regen/recov, recov, a raw heal and an absorb proc already so ganna leave this blank but open

The enhancements listed are the same as every other healing set. The set bonuses you suggested are the only difference it seems. I think if you look at all the other healing sets and find something unique, really something to distinguish the set from other healing sets, this suggestion will gain more traction. What about a purple set for healing? What about a proc that increases healing value instead of regeneration, absorb, or recovery? That kind of stuff. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

this suggestion will gain more traction.

... are you, arcane, bopper, peregrine or any of the other forum regulars game devs using alt accounts?

Because this would explain a lot over the past 3 years or so

And in my mind, 99.9% of the suggestions on this forum just dont ever make it into the game, even the long winded threads.  and to me, this is just something to put out there.

I mean hell, when looking for an image to properly convey what I am trying to say.. someone monetized it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333589087413

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Easy there champ, we’re just making conversation. The whole “uh, are you a dev? If not please go away unless you’re going to affirm me” point is really weird.

I don’t mind your set though it seems redundant. Shares +recharge, S/L res, and F/C res with Preventive Medicine. And then you talk about 7.5% +recharge not stepping on LotG‘s toes like it’s a new idea as if you are unaware of Panacea. So it seems like it should be tweaked, but your head’s in the right place with the +damage and +E/N res. 

I like Seraphim’s idea for the proc a lot. 

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, kelika2 said:

end/rech

heal/end

heal/rech

heal

heal/end/rech

That is usually the structure, with exceptions being a proc being substituted out for a recharge.

As for the set bonuses, I don't see it being much different than what's already available. There are already two level 50 heal sets that do S/L resist, F/C resist and recharge. So we're only seeing deviations in the remaining 2 set bonuses. Sub-out the improved heal and P/T resist for the damage and E/N resist, or sub-out the Health and End Discount for the damage and E/N resist.

The suggestion is fine, you're aiming for a set that provides resistance to most things for little slot investment (all three for the minimum 4 slots), and I certainly see why that appeals to Regen players as you alluded to in your original post. Anyways, I wasn't coming here to provide commentary, I just wanted to know what the full suggestion was outside of set bonuses.

• Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I think if you look at all the other healing sets and find something unique, really something to distinguish the set from other healing sets, this suggestion will gain more traction.

An Accurate Healing set that incorporated some amount of damage enhancement should qualify as unique enough to distinguish itself. Borrow a little from the new IMT set for layout.

• Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, arcane said:

The whole “uh, are you a dev? If not please go away unless you’re going to affirm me” point is really weird.

And pretending to be one while disguising it as conversation is insulting because it sounds like you were not aware of it until now

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

As for the set bonuses, I don't see it being much different than what's already available. There are already two level 50 heal sets that do S/L resist, F/C resist and recharge. So we're only seeing deviations in the remaining 2 set bonuses. Sub-out the improved heal and P/T resist for the damage and E/N resist, or sub-out the Health and End Discount for the damage and E/N resist.

most sets have a 1.5% s/l resist bonus which is super easy to max out.  2.25% is relatively underused

fire and cold damage is.. pretty uncommon, meanwhile most healing set bonuses have this.

energy resistances is what I really wanted from a new healing set, anything from various willpower alts to corrs.  from posi to itf.. energy damage is there.

And it took a few alts that accidentally stacked enough +dmg for me to notice it to want more.

And the 6th set bonus being also an uncommon recharge bonus is there, but 6 slotting a power just for this will be tight enough for the player to make a choice.  or not, if its a unique proc.

Kensai mentioned a -regen resist

maybe a flat 5% max hp

maybe a 5% max end

cant think of much else without stepping on other procs, but that didnt stop Impervious Skin from getting a Regen added to it

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

And pretending to be one while disguising it as conversation is insulting because it sounds like you were not aware of it until now

Ok I’ll bite… how on earth have I pretended to be a dev? Yes I am completely unaware of this.

Edited by arcane

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Ok I’ll bite… how on earth have I pretended to be a dev? Yes I am completely unaware of this.

im not going through your 3k posts to prove a point to a thread thats going to probably get locked soon

because this isnt the first time we been through this

lets just get ready to assault another innocent post later and repeat the process again

inb4 you ask another question you already know the answer to as a front of power

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

im not going through your 3k posts to prove a point to a thread thats going to probably get locked soon

because this isnt the first time we been through this

lets just get ready to assault another innocent post later and repeat the process again

inb4 you ask another question you already know the answer to as a front of power

If you can find one time I have ever claimed to be a developer, you can have my stuff. Unfortunately you created this narrative in your own mind, apparently to cope with a crippling aversion to disagreement, so I’m not worried. I suggest you learn to receive negative feedback without inventing wild tales of imposter GM’s.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 2

Disregarding the flare-up, I really like the name of the proposed set and think it'd be nice if a healing set - a purple one maybe - existed in addition to Prev. Med. that would fit in a character's build that wasn't focused on healing.  For me, the set would progress thus:

• Heal/Absorb
  • Heal/Absorb/Rech
  • Heal/Absorb/Rech./End.
  • End./Rech.
  • Heal/Abosrb/End.
  • Proc. to Resist Debuff (~25%?) with a 4.5 PPM

with the following set bonuses:

• Two enhancements improves your Regeneration by 16%.
  • Three enhancements increases maximum Health by 3%.
  • Four enhancements improves the Damage of all your powers by 4%.
  • Five enhancements increases Toxic and Psionic Resistance by 6%.
  • Five enhancements reduces the duration of Immobilize effects on you by 10%.
  • Five enhancements reduces the duration of Hold effects on you by 10%.
  • Five enhancements reduces the duration of Stun effects on you by 10%.
  • Five enhancements reduces the duration of Sleep effects on you by 10%.
  • Five enhancements reduces the duration of Fear effects on you by 10%.
  • Five enhancements reduces the duration of Confuse effects on you by 10%.
  • Six enhancements increases Psionic Defense by 5%

The set bonuses are a complete copy/paste from Soulbound All., but I think the bonus to it contains some hard to aquire/rare bonuses that I wish I could slip into more of my builds.  The major thing for me is a proc that would help resist debuffs since that's a thing that's hard to acquire before you go deep into incarnates with Ageless Radial.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

Proc. to Resist Debuff (~25%?) with a 4.5 PPM

Resistance is it's own debuff resistance, it doesn't have a separate stat like defense.  Not sure a proc can add to RDR without just adding +Res to (all) which would be numerical madness of the OP variety.

Could be wrong though. 

Otherwise +1 vote for a VR Heal set.

• Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

38 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Resistance is it's own debuff resistance, it doesn't have a separate stat like defense.  Not sure a proc can add to RDR without just adding +Res to (all) which would be numerical madness of the OP variety.

To clarify, I meant the resistance to debuffs, such -def or -tohit or -regen.  The same sort of resistance provided by Ageless Radial.

Edited by Burnt Umber
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, kelika2 said:

... are you, arcane, bopper, peregrine or any of the other forum regulars game devs using alt accounts?

Because this would explain a lot over the past 3 years or so

And in my mind, 99.9% of the suggestions on this forum just dont ever make it into the game, even the long winded threads.  and to me, this is just something to put out there.

I mean hell, when looking for an image to properly convey what I am trying to say.. someone monetized it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333589087413

s-l1600.jpg

I don't have a clue what you are saying. I responded to your suggestion and offered other ideas. I didn't say I was a dev or anyone else. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Burnt Umber said:

To clarify, I meant the resistance to debuffs, such -def or -tohit or -regen.  The same sort of resistance provided by Ageless Radial.

I would assume a debuff resistance proc (whether it’s regen debuff resistance or something else) would be more likely to function as either (1) a set bonus or (2) a “for 120 seconds [if not in a toggle or auto]” than as a PPM type proc but yeah.

10 hours ago, arcane said:

claimed

eh?

I asked if you and others were because it would explain a lot.  The taking the suggestions part of this forum way too seriously.  You act as if you have a say in whether or not it even goes to the test server.  it comes off very abrasive and antagonizing.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, kelika2 said:

eh?

I asked if you and others were because it would explain a lot.  The taking the suggestions part of this forum way too seriously.  You act as if you have a say in whether or not it even goes to the test server.  it comes off very abrasive and antagonizing.

I don’t understand what you think the point of responses on threads in this forum are for if not to (1) agree/disagree if things are good ideas or (2) offer alternatives/variations. If you can only tolerate constant affirmation and validation, imho you might be in the wrong place.