Shame on you!

Ukase

Granted, I know this is temporary, but it still irks me. 

Oh - well let me back up a bit. 

Someone in my SG tried to buy a booster, and was upset because he bid 1.3M and it wouldn't sell him one. 

So, I got my marketer, and I tried to see what the lowest price actually was. 

Not 2M. 
Not 3M. 

I actually stopped, thinking that the bored marketer that did this probably bought them all at about 1.2M and then tried to double their inf plus some for fees & time, and tried to relist them at 3.6M. 

Nope. 

5M is what it took. Yeah, I pissed away 3.75M, cuz I resold it at 1.25M. 

Look, if it's one of you folks - you got me for that 3.75M. Big deal. But you are hurting your fellow players who aren't as market savvy/wealthy as we are. Think about who you team with. That tank may die because they couldn't afford those boosters - and then you might suffer an ignominious defeat. 
Shame on you. 

Really. You should be ashamed, and I am hopeful that our fellow marketers will see this as an opportunity to flush the market with more boosters leaving you with too much invested, and you have to pull them out and relist them at a more reasonable price, like 2m or so. 

Just disgraceful. We do what we do to get a profit, sure. But we aim to just wet our beaks a little, not take a full bird bath. Shame on you, whomever you are. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Someone in my SG tried to buy a converter, and was upset because he bid 1.3M and it wouldn't sell him one.

Converters don't even break 100k.  There's no way they were at 5 million, or even 1.3 million, unless there's a serious bug.  Are you sure he was trying to purchase the correct item?

• Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

14 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Converters don't even break 100k.  There's no way they were at 5 million, or even 1.3 million, unless there's a serious bug.  Are you sure he was trying to purchase the correct item?

They later in their post say boosters, so maybe they meant the catalysts? Because I was thinking the same thing about Converters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 8/20/2021 at 10:14 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

So...

thanks in part to this thread I took a deeper look into this market.  Now, since boosters come from merits or super packs, we should look at comparables for a value play.  Since 5 converters would buy you either one booster or 15 converters, you might expect that boosters would trade for roughly 15x the amount that converters do.  If they traded at 20x, then everyone would stop printing converters and start printing boosters, and if they traded at 10x no rational actor would convert merits to boosters when they would get a better haul from selling converters.  And lo and behold, that's about right.  You can probably sell oodles of boosters at 1mm, which translates to selling 15x oodles of converters at 66,666.  I believe that the converter market is probably deeper and more liquid, but the basic math works out ok.

But I realized that very few were actually listed for sale, and when I bid crept I got over 5mm with no success.  That's madness!  But just like yellow salvage, people aren't interested enough in the market to offer product at "market" levels.  And that's fine.  Why in the world would anyone pay 5mm for something they could buy with 5 merits?  Why indeed?

So a few days ago I put in bids for a few hundred boosters at 1.2mm, just to see how long it would take to fill.  When I checked in a few hours later, I had bought them all, and I was feeling a little foolish for overpaying by almost 20%, but that part of the experiment was done.  Then I put some of them up for offer at around 5mm, just to put some liquidity in the system.  I was bemoaning my wasting of AH slots, because, again, why in the world would anyone pay 5mm for one of these?

I just logged in to find this:

2021-08-20.png.b8f4d5db16b6cfba429e3db98664ffb5.png

And the only reason I noticed was that I was clicking each Get Inf button and after the first 5-10 it hung up because it wouldn't let me over the cap.

So, yeah, I don't know why people do what they do, but ain't nobody getting this back!

Sounds like someone worked their way up to the cap I set last August.  No apologies.

Who run Bartertown?

14 minutes ago, Luminara said:

He said converter, but by the end it changed to booster, which makes a lot more sense.

And yeah, I've noticed that things are starting to go for absolutely outrageous prices.  I've seen an Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance not sell for less than ten million INF, and Shield Walls going for 20 million INF.  It's definitely still far from live prices, but it's definitely quite a bit higher than it was a year and a half ago.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

Thanks for pointing that out - I did mean boosters. 

Someone seems to have dumped quite a bunch at a "reasonable" price. So, the community (the folks that use those, anyway) thank you. 

As far as I can tell, there are 1319 of them in the AH that are listed for 5M or higher. 

5 reward merits to exchange for one booster, right? Maybe they are of the mind that a reward merit is worth a million, based on the merit vendors conversion rate. I would hope most players are aware that's a sucker rate. I can't think of any circumstance in which a person would exchange 1M inf for 1 reward merit. 

Perhaps someone more eloquent than I am should make the suggestion to disallow that from happening, for their own protection. 

To those whom have assisted in adding supply - thank you! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2022 at 4:18 AM, Apparition said:

He said converter, but by the end it changed to booster, which makes a lot more sense.

And yeah, I've noticed that things are starting to go for absolutely outrageous prices.  I've seen an Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance not sell for less than ten million INF, and Shield Walls going for 20 million INF.  It's definitely still far from live prices, but it's definitely quite a bit higher than it was a year and a half ago.

I got very Lucky (pun) with Luck of the Gambler Global doing for 28 million.

Azrael.

• 2 weeks later
On 6/2/2022 at 10:23 PM, Ukase said:

Granted, I know this is temporary, but it still irks me. 

Oh - well let me back up a bit. 

Someone in my SG tried to buy a booster, and was upset because he bid 1.3M and it wouldn't sell him one. 

So, I got my marketer, and I tried to see what the lowest price actually was. 

Not 2M. 
Not 3M. 

I actually stopped, thinking that the bored marketer that did this probably bought them all at about 1.2M and then tried to double their inf plus some for fees & time, and tried to relist them at 3.6M. 

Nope. 

5M is what it took. Yeah, I pissed away 3.75M, cuz I resold it at 1.25M. 

Look, if it's one of you folks - you got me for that 3.75M. Big deal. But you are hurting your fellow players who aren't as market savvy/wealthy as we are. Think about who you team with. That tank may die because they couldn't afford those boosters - and then you might suffer an ignominious defeat. 
Shame on you. 

Really. You should be ashamed, and I am hopeful that our fellow marketers will see this as an opportunity to flush the market with more boosters leaving you with too much invested, and you have to pull them out and relist them at a more reasonable price, like 2m or so. 

Just disgraceful. We do what we do to get a profit, sure. But we aim to just wet our beaks a little, not take a full bird bath. Shame on you, whomever you are. 

Two weeks later I look in and see most (not all) of my offerings have been lifted.  It looks like even "sell it nao" prices are better profit per merit than converters.  Put more of these on the market, folks!

On 6/6/2022 at 9:37 AM, Tankshock said:

I tried to undercut it, but the claim item bug stopped me.

This has been a huge thorn in my side for many many weeks now.  I cannot reliably claim more than a few items at a time, even pulling off one booster at a time from Character Items.  I don't know about anyone else, but the inability to take things off my Character Items has seriously altered how I'm involved in the /AH nowadays.  I'm not the type of entity who is going to exchange merits for enhancement boosters and sell them (I exchange them for converters and use them), but I certainly would be willing to sell some of the boosters I have in C.I. if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to get them off there and into my real inventory.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

So, I've experienced this, but since the latest patch, I see a system message that says, "Please wait a moment", and the claim button is disabled. Then, after this moment is passed, the claim item becomes enabled, and I can proceed. 

I am as guilty as the next player when it comes to clicking repeatedly to claim converters, boosters, catalysts, etc. 

If only there were a "claim all" button or something like that. 

Until one such type claim button is implemented, I think we're just going to have to go slower with the clicking. 

So, I've experienced this, but since the latest patch, I see a system message that says, "Please wait a moment", and the claim button is disabled. Then, after this moment is passed, the claim item becomes enabled, and I can proceed. 

I am as guilty as the next player when it comes to clicking repeatedly to claim converters, boosters, catalysts, etc. 

If only there were a "claim all" button or something like that. 

Until one such type claim button is implemented, I think we're just going to have to go slower with the clicking. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:18 PM, Apparition said:

with less players we should expect higher prices. Less folks producing things and putting them on the market.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

with less players we should expect higher prices. Less folks producing things and putting them on the market.

I blame myself. I haven't been afk-farming and thus, haven't been crafting and converting/selling as a result. 

I'll have to see if I can't re-supply a few items. 

• Haha 1

I wonder, now and then, how much the current email system claim problem has to do with the various reported pricing issues on the market. It wouldn't directly affect something like, say, yellow salvage prices, but it would affect ATO's and Winter-O's. Also boosters and such to a lessor degree. What about the indirect effects? I'm not sure. Hmm.

Maybe a list of suspect game functions should be put together.

Accounts with maxed number of emails holding infamy is small compared to the email system load of opening tens of thousands of packs and holding associated rewards indefinitely.

I have more emails, black market bids & unclaimed rewards on just one character here than I ever had on every character on live.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Honestly, I've only had these issues very rarely - like twice. When claiming, I get a system message that says "Please wait a moment", and then I can claim again. It's certainly not bad enough to lead me to buy a winter from the market when I have 1000's in my character email. That's madness. 

If we're smart enough to avoid "buy it now" prices, we can wait 10 seconds to claim the next item from email, no? 

Or - are the problems some of you having much more severe than what I described? If so, I am left to wonder why. 

On 6/17/2022 at 2:04 AM, golstat2003 said:

That seems to be what I am seeing.  Prices are up.  Less players dumping supply.  What supply their is?  Coveted.  

Though, there are zillions of yellow salvage on the market (more than demand?) and the price of those is creeping up.  I can't explain that one.  1k-2400k per unit has gone up to 10k+ per unit.  And there's plenty of supply.

Less players.  It seems that way.  Until the next content patch from HC, perhaps?

Those players 'taking a break' playing 'City of Tanks'...

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael