I have an issue with Scrappers, does anyone else?

FUBARczar

IDK what it is, I used to make more Brutes, but now whenever I go to build a Brute, I end up wanting a scrapper instead.  Does anyone else have this issue?

I think it's because of the ATOs and the superior burst damage is more satisfying.  What are your reasons?

MAOR CRITS!!!

I prefer scrappers because I can't play the Brute AT properly. I always get in the mindset that if I don't move on to the next group, I am going to not be able to do damage.. at which point I neglect my health and endurance and end up dying. I much prefer Scrapperlock to Brutelock. My damage as a scrapper doesn't go down if I stop to regain health/end.

I have two tanks, a brute, a scrapper, and I'm considering a Night Widow and a Stalker.  I love them all, and each has a lot to recommend them.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I tried brutes in the past but I hate the ramp up to damage each time; like sometimes when i solo missions I have to go do something with a scrapper I just start back up everything is golden brute you have to ramp up and then run to next mission ramp up. I like to be able to just go when i want to go and hit things hard

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

I've always been of the mindset that Brutes are for tanking, Scrappers are for making things dead.  Especially since everyone and their uncle is playing Brutes these days, so you're fighting for aggro, and thus fury, on a team, and then somebody invites an actual tank and there goes the Brutes' damage output.  Meanwhile, the Scrappers just keep on killing.

• Like 1

I prefer scrappers because I can't play the Brute AT properly. I always get in the mindset that if I don't move on to the next group, I am going to not be able to do damage.. at which point I neglect my health and endurance and end up dying. I much prefer Scrapperlock to Brutelock. My damage as a scrapper doesn't go down if I stop to regain health/end.

/wp brutes say "Hi."

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I've always been of the mindset that Brutes are for tanking, Scrappers are for making things dead.  Especially since everyone and their uncle is playing Brutes these days, so you're fighting for aggro, and thus fury, on a team, and then somebody invites an actual tank and there goes the Brutes' damage output.  Meanwhile, the Scrappers just keep on killing.

Everyone and their Grandmother are playing Brutes now because they were too scared to jump on Redside and roll one.  Now that the game is back and they players have stopped being so darn WEIRD they actually bother to try it out.  Give it time Scrappers will be king once again :P.

Personally, I like both sides Red and Blue and I don't let the side things stop me from having fun.  I have all of the melee ATs but I like playing certain powersets with certain classes.

Brutes are over popular, scrappers are allot more fun due to crits to me.

Preach it. Back in the day, I used to see posts saying the Scrapper inherent was bad because it couldn't be planned for or strategized around.  But to me it's always been a fun surprise when CRITICAL pops up.  People also complained that crits are "wasted" on foes with little life remaining (strangely, I don't remember anyone saying that about Scourge), but that's just an opportunity to shout "Boo yah!  How do you like THAT?!?" at the monitor.

and then somebody invites an actual tank and there goes the Brutes' damage output.  Meanwhile, the Scrappers just keep on killing.

Brute:  "Oh shit, there goes my Fury."

Scrapper:  "Look at THAT clump of bad guys!"

(strangely, I don't remember anyone saying that about Scourge)

To be fair:

- Scourge is more predictable. Around ~20%, you're nigh guaranteed to crit.

- Corruptor base damage is much lower than Scrappers.

- ranged attacks have as a trend lower damage scale and faster animations than melee attacks (meaning you're both less likely to watch a teammate finish off mob during your animation, and more likely for your full extra damage to be useful)

All of these combined makes for an Apples & Oranges situation, even though the inherents are intuitively similar.

Brutes are over popular, scrappers are allot more fun due to crits to me.

Preach it. Back in the day, I used to see posts saying the Scrapper inherent was bad because it couldn't be planned for or strategized around.  But to me it's always been a fun surprise when CRITICAL pops up.  People also complained that crits are "wasted" on foes with little life remaining (strangely, I don't remember anyone saying that about Scourge), but that's just an opportunity to shout "Boo yah!  How do you like THAT?!?" at the monitor.

I actually feel that way about scourge.  On most foes it doesn't seem to trigger until it'd be dead anyway and it does feel wasted to me. Elite bosses and Archvillians being the exception of course, on those it is wonderful.  I do like crits more than scourge myself.

and then somebody invites an actual tank and there goes the Brutes' damage output.  Meanwhile, the Scrappers just keep on killing.

To be fair, I prefer soloing brutes so there's little issue with the whole fury bar going away.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

Did a four man Positron 1 TF this past weekend where the group consisted of 1Tanker, 1 Scrapper, and 2Brutes. At some point I realized my brute kept pulling aggro when we were all fighting together. I'd put it down to Against All Odds, but the scrapper was Shield Defense too. I definitely had to be careful in using Psi Blade Sweep.

But don't Brutes also have an actual taunt effect in their auras, while Scrappers don't?  So Brute AAO should beat Scrapper AAO.

Correct. Good luck to a scrapper thinking they can pull a credible amount of aggro from my Spines/elec brute.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

But don't Brutes also have an actual taunt effect in their auras, while Scrappers don't?  So Brute AAO should beat Scrapper AAO.

Correct. Good luck to a scrapper thinking they can pull a credible amount of aggro from my Spines/elec brute.

I want to say challenge accepted, but between your Spines/Elec and my Elec/SD, I don't think anything outside of an AV could live long enough for us to find out.

Not true from my experience and not from the power description

Scrapper AAO  +300% taunt on target

Brute AAO  +400% taunt on target

Brute is stronger, but scrappers do have a taunt aura in AAO.  I definitely notice it.  I play a dark armor scrapper and things are running away from me all the time despite the damage aura.  Very annoying.  Playing a shield (or WP, scrapper WP also has one as well as a couple of other sets), and things rarely run away from my scrapper.

But I don't want my scrapper to pull aggro from your brute or a tank. I want you to hold the boss/av's attention while I quickly kill it.