Improved practice dummies

Currently, there are practice dummies in the Rikti War Zone, but they have several limitations: They're locked to level 35, they have 100% resistance to all damage, they don't always spawn, and they're only in the Rikti War Zone. I would like to see improved practice dummies put into place, to better help us test our powers. These new practice dummies would:

• Use the level scaling system used by giant monsters and enemies in zone events, so they would always mimic the effectiveness of even-level enemies.
  • Use whatever trick Ajax uses in Dean MacArthur's redside story arc to be invincible, rather than 100% damage resistance. This form of NPC invulnerability still shows damage numbers in the combat log and above the target's head, so it would let us more easily test the damage of various powers and setups.
  • Consistently spawn in the zone. All the other static NPCs manage it, even those new combat-enabled trainers, so the practice dummies doing it too would be great.
  • Be placeable in supergroup bases.
  • Appear in a variety of places throughout the city. The Rikti War Zone is often packed with players doing mothership raids, so being able to test powers in a place where server performance isn't so up in the air would be useful.

All together, I think this would make for a great addition to the game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

huh, just noticed "placable in supergroup bases" is in the original list. I'm not sure why it needs to be anywhere else. Anyone can create a supergroup base of any size, you no longer have to grind prestige for it.

Not every character's is gonna be running their own SG. There's players out there that will be in SGs whose bases they have no control over.

Also, the best time to test powers is on Justin, the beta server, which is routinely wiped. Not having to build an SG base every time some testing is being done would be a time saver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am practicing and will improve eventually.  Until then, no need to call me names.

• Haha 3

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I am practicing and will improve eventually.  Until then, no need to call me names.

Widower, when you read this, I was joking...no one called me names.

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• 9 months later

Also,dont make them have infinite resistance, or whatever it uses. I'd like to test the damage that comes out instead of seeing 0. Instead, give it 0% resistance but Infinite health.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 3/21/2020 at 9:03 AM, Bopper said:

Also,dont make them have infinite resistance, or whatever it uses. I'd like to test the damage that comes out instead of seeing 0. Instead, give it 0% resistance but Infinite health.

Agreed!

Also, may not be at ALL possible but..

I know we can get the power analyzer power, to view stats on baddies but that has a few let downs.

First, I simply ALWAYS forget to grab one. Second, its useless in a team. Third, the baddies can still be attacking/hurting you.

As an example, in Warframe, you can enter like a testing construct, and spawn whatever mob you want, and test stuff, while being Untouchable. Something like that would be awesome, especially given how often power info is inaccurate. That would let us test specific powers, damage, buffs, debuffs etc, on ANY mob we want, without needing to go find them, or deal with vanishing test dummies.

I love this idea and support it wholeheartedly.

In addition, I wonder how possible it is to make the reverse: an offensive dummy that tests your defenses! It'd have to have some kind of interface though, so I've no clue how feasible that is.