Numina TF Suggestion

Voltor

Perhaps it is time to make a tiny adjustment to the Numina TF so that when you defeat Jurassik you get the badge The Solution that you would get if you defeated him in Crey's Folly ?

Might give more incentive for people to run the TF for their new alts.

• Like 5

25 alts with all the badges!

Well, the one in the TF is a weaker version and not a full strength GM.  I could go either way on this one, but it is probably why it hasn't in the past.

I do think the bigger incentive for people to run it more would be to cut down on the ridiculous number of hunt missions...I'd even be for another door mission added that maybe has a big mix of enemies in it instead.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Riverdusk said:

Well, the one in the TF is a weaker version and not a full strength GM.  I could go either way on this one, but it is probably why it hasn't in the past.

I do think the bigger incentive for people to run it more would be to cut down on the ridiculous number of hunt missions...I'd even be for another door mission added that maybe has a big mix of enemies in it instead.

Well I was going to suggest that too, but that always seems an unpopular idea.  

However, they COULD however COMPRESS the Cot, Clockwork, Skulls and Vahzilok street sweeps into one giant sweep of Perez Park.

25 alts with all the badges!

2 hours ago, Voltor said:

However, they COULD however COMPRESS the Cot, Clockwork, Skulls and Vahzilok street sweeps into one giant sweep of Perez Park.

Or they could do the REALLY smart thing and eliminate the hunt phase altogether.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Voltor said:

It would be nice if they just put it one mission hunt.   Just give the list of targets and zones needed, but none of this waiting around for each zone to be done before the next group.   Still keeps the tour, but none of the waiting for each bit to be done.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Black Zot said:

That is a really weak excuse for adding a useless time sink and you know it.

Time sink?  If it's taking a team of 8 that long to run those hunt missions, they're not trying.  Spread out.  Only takes forever when it's only part of the team doing the hunts while the rest going "I've got Talos!"

Or even that one in the beginning going, "I've got Boomtown!"  Whoever took out Steel Canyon hunt, should move to Boomtown.  Everyone merges onto Talos.

Terra Volta (hunt the packs near the door...not the sky captains flying in ships) > IP (likely with another already in IP waiting).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

36 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Terra Volta (hunt the packs near the door...not the sky captains flying in ships) > IP (likely with another already in IP waiting).

Every time I've taken Terra Volta, I go to the factory building SE of the base portal; on the north side near the NW corner is a spawn of eleven standing there, then over the central E/W ridge of the building and turn left for the next spawn to finish the hunt. Done in under a minute, then out to help finish IP before heading to Talos and/or FF.

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

If it's taking a team of 8 that long to run those hunt missions, they're not trying. 

I agree with this. Granted, a Numina TF does take longer than most of the other signature TFs, but not much longer, provided the team does a decent job of planning out the hunts for minimal delay between one hunt ending and the next one starting. It doesn't require a team of uber players, either; if just one member of the team is experienced enough to understand how to assign hunt-zones to the team in the right order, it is quite doable.

...provided that everyone is able to read chat and willing to do their part. If they are not, then Numi takes forever. But if the team is that bad, pretty much every TF takes forever 😉

At the risk of sounding like a mindless fanboi, I would also argue that Numi's TF is one of the more socially oriented TFs in the game precisely because coordinating the hunts requires communication between team members. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Time sink?  

It's a pointless activity that exists for the sole purpose of padding out the TF.  That is the very definition of a "time sink".  The fact that there are more or less efficient ways to do it is irrelevant.  It has no narrative function and no material reward, it's just there to waste people's time.

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Every time I've taken Terra Volta, I go to the factory building SE of the base portal; on the north side near the NW corner is a spawn of eleven standing there, then over the central E/W ridge of the building and turn left for the next spawn to finish the hunt. Done in under a minute, then out to help finish IP before heading to Talos and/or FF.

Me too!  But I've caught many not doing that when I pop in zone.  😛

36 minutes ago, Icono04 said:

I agree with this. Granted, a Numina TF does take longer than most of the other signature TFs, but not much longer, provided the team does a decent job of planning out the hunts for minimal delay between one hunt ending and the next one starting. It doesn't require a team of uber players, either; if just one member of the team is experienced enough to understand how to assign hunt-zones to the team in the right order, it is quite doable.

...provided that everyone is able to read chat and willing to do their part. If they are not, then Numi takes forever. But if the team is that bad, pretty much every TF takes forever 😉

At the risk of sounding like a mindless fanboi, I would also argue that Numi's TF is one of the more socially oriented TFs in the game precisely because coordinating the hunts requires communication between team members. 

Longer than most?  I just ran one that went quicker than Posi 1 and 2 I had done recently.

Stealth viable missions and quick hunts.

21 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

It's a pointless activity that exists for the sole purpose of padding out the TF.  That is the very definition of a "time sink".  The fact that there are more or less efficient ways to do it is irrelevant.  It has no narrative function and no material reward, it's just there to waste people's time.

Yes, but if by time sink you mean, can be done in 5 minutes, isn't much of a time sink.  😛

3 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

I have suggested in the past, to let the players spread out across the zones and attack mobs simultaneously, rather than in one at time, this will make Numina go quicker and be less boring...

Sue

Good idea, but not sure missions/tasks can be layered like that.