Why do Roman Surgeons teleport?

Snarky

I mean, i get it.  They TP because it makes it harder.  I just do not get it.  Storywise.  Maybe I should delve deeply into Cim Lore or....  Wait, Nooooooo, why the F are the surgeons TPing.  That is stupid.  Super Stunners, tough, take one look and you see why, Freaks gonna upgrade.  No deep dive needed.  This change is game driven not lore driven.  garbage writing and drivel.

Also ruins one of my mini games of being only 25% of the players that hunt Surgeons in ITF.  Let the AoE get them, screw running around chasing TPs.

Yeah!  You made it harder and it doesnt make sense.  You've joined that group of writers who throw away any pretext of lore and just write game!  Gratz.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

47 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I mean, i get it.  They TP because it makes it harder.  I just do not get it.  Storywise.  Maybe I should delve deeply into Cim Lore or....  Wait, Nooooooo, why the F are the surgeons TPing.  That is stupid.  Super Stunners, tough, take one look and you see why, Freaks gonna upgrade.  No deep dive needed.  This change is game driven not lore driven.  garbage writing and drivel.

Also ruins one of my mini games of being only 25% of the players that hunt Surgeons in ITF.  Let the AoE get them, screw running around chasing TPs.

Yeah!  You made it harder and it doesnt make sense.  You've joined that group of writers who throw away any pretext of lore and just write game!  Gratz.

Get where you're coming from, but you're also talking about mobs that somehow get stronger if one of them takes half a step back and casually says "yowl."

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I immediately assumed that the purple-blackish nictus stuff shooting out the orifices of all the new Cimerora NPCs was meant to be a clue about where the new powers came from.  But I'd imagine that if you bothered to read the text of all the new missions you'll get the more complete explanation. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I have to admit I got a certain level of entertainment out of watching them pop off down the hall to get away from my scrapper and her swords... only to end up instantly zarked straight into oblivion by the ranged lightning blasts of her Adept partner, who was having absolutely none of their teleporting nictus shenanigans. 😆

It was a very *SET* and *SPIKE* kind of thing...

I enjoyed it. 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

It's not like they also do massive -tohit at a point in the game where you still don't have all your attacks slotted fully.  Tsoo Sorcerers are far more annoying.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

7 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Absolutely no precedent for Nictus infused humans to be able to teleport.  Nope. None.  Nictus just can't teleport at all, ever.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=warshade_offensive.umbral_blast.starless_step

Oh, wait. Ooops.

🙄

The finny thing was when I went on tbis rant at 4am (errr I mean started this interesting topic) I really kinda forgot Rom and his Nictus thing.  I just always think of the Romans as separate from his lore, like minions.   I guess if I read the text I might learn what all the Robots, vampires and warwolves are doing back in old Rome as well….

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Robots, vampires and warwolves are doing back in old Rome as well….

Wouldn't it be a real kick in the Wang if the council coming into the past is what gave rise to the mythology of vamps and werewolves. Ooo reality time fvck...

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

Wouldn't it be a real kick in the Wang if the council coming into the past is what gave rise to the mythology of vamps and werewolves. Ooo reality time fvck...

This I like.  My current writing ideas (i write little but conceptualize a lot) involves the Fates influencing Grim Reapers behind the scenes as they try to manage the chaos caused by a creeping undead plague.  The Fates are just trying to nudge certain events because they see the totality of the time stream from an outside perspective.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roleki said:

Get where you're coming from, but you're also talking about mobs that somehow get stronger if one of them takes half a step back and casually says "yowl."

not to mention that these “Roman soldiers” are running around dressed like literal tourist Spartans, have “centurion” every three dudes, no signifers or aquilifers, don’t carry proper Scutum, and that’s not even going into their inability to form up their ranks (though that’s also a limit of being an action video game)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

not to mention that these “Roman soldiers” are running around dressed like literal tourist Spartans, have “centurion” every three dudes, no signifers or aquilifers, don’t carry proper Scutum, and that’s not even going into their inability to form up their ranks (though that’s also a limit of being an action video game)

I think most of these dudes have proper Scutums, going up against supers with spears and swords

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

I think most of these dudes have proper Scutums, going up against supers with spears and swords

The curvature is too shallow, it's too short and doesn't cover the body properly for testudo formation, none of the patterns in the shields are accurate. Let's not get into how many Cimerorans are using round shields, the shield style is even less accurate to the 6th century Roman soldiers, nevermind the rest of the armor, when Cimerora supposedly takes place according to the live devs. (We don't even have tall, ovid shields).

On 9/6/2022 at 8:17 AM, Shadeknight said:

Oh no, using a good tactic to avoid getting splatted by the enemy.

What a tragedy.

They teleport either out of LOS(smart, even if I hate it :P) or in a line 5ft away. It's a toss up if it's smart or not, really.

*The AI, that is. Teleporting SHOULD be a smart tactic.

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 9/6/2022 at 5:49 AM, Snarky said:

so they can get your wallet.

@Krimson While I was indeed griping about the absurdity of it, I was in support of pointing out that with all other things out the door in terms of accuracy and meaning, why not let Surgeons teleport at that point? Though I also admit, part of why I gripe on the livery is that it meant we as players were denied these things.

Also, while the Cimerora Pennisula never existed in our world, based on approximate landmass and the sheer vastness of the Roman Empire, it is small enough it easily could easily fit in about anywhere in the Mediterranean, unlike Paragon being nearly twice the size of the Los Angeles metropolitan area with eastern facing coastlines while pretending it can fit into Rhode Island. Though even with that there is actual evidence in the lore the super powered population, up to and including the existence of the CoT/Oranbega reshaped the geography of the New England coastline more than just a bit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

@Krimson
Okay, details, but that's still seriously interesting. I had no idea Oranbega was a 'real legend'. Kind of wish City of incorporated a bit more of the myth though and had all CoT wear pearl jewelry on their head and the columns on CoT maps be gold.

That would be fun...

My mages are for it.

They need bling!

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice