Feedback: brainstorming entertaining options for making more influence/infamy

victusfate

(reposted from discord)

I could use some helpful ideas for making more inf. I have 3 decked out farmers on different accounts but kinda burned out on those (the multiple window management was tiresome).

The parts of the game I enjoy are team play (story arcs/radios/any), tfs that aren't ghosted/stealthed, planning builds (cheap) and implementing those builds (expensive). This is my largest consumer of inf.

The AH mini game with conversion was actually hurting my eyes and is less enjoyable than farming.

This isn't the forum for this. Maybe ask in the General Discussion forum?

Edit: The Suggestions and Feedback forum is where suggestions for changes to the game are made and others provide feedback on those suggestions and/or in-game changes. (If I'm wrong and this is the correct venue for this thread? I apologize.)

Edited by Rudra

• Retired Lead Game Master

Personally I just try and attend Hami raids whenever possible. A well run group can get 2 runs done in around 20 min or faster depending on attendance. That's 120 merits (80+40) for a double. More if you swap characters. Depending on shard there can be several run each day. It adds up.

Then I just get converters or boosters and sell them. I don't bother doing converter roulette anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My fire farming tank is making beaucoup influence now by doing the new repeatable Cimerora missions and arc, and trying some dev choice AE arcs I havent done yet, and visiting Ouro crystal and hitting some favorite mission arcs I haven't done yet. You know, playing the game.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I always check my recipe drops in the AH to see if they're worth crafting.  If I find one that's decently profitable and has a reasonably priced recipe, then I'll leave a stack of bids for the lowest level recipe and the ingredients to craft it.  When they fill, I craft and sell.  If the IOs sell well, I might stay in the niche for a while.  It's probably not as profitable as converter roulette, but I prefer it because there's a lot less clicking involved.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Level 54 enemies drop influence way way WAY faster then anything lower level, so basically just playing your 50s on level 54 content is a solid way to earn.  I recommend the incarnate arcs at +4x8 since you'll also be fighting at an effective level of 53 and can deal more damage.  Bring friends as desired, but a full team may affect income rate if you're focusing on that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

You could dominate the orange salvage market.  You wont make a lot.  But evidently an idiot or two were quite entertained by it a few months back.  

Seriously though.  Why do you need to make more influence?  It is like raining cash in this game

• Thumbs Up 1

My best advice is to play your 50, as mentioned by others. 

There's no law that says you have to craft, convert or sell anything, although small kittens will likely give up their life if they discover such things. 

Let's look at it from another perspective: 

If you enjoy teaming and killing through, for the most part, consider just teaming up for a kill most ITF or Aeon SF, if you have the time and can find others who are like-minded. 
If not, just do the weekly tfs with a group. Or recruit for story arcs like Provost Marchand, or really, whatever content you like. 

SSA's can generally be completed in less than an hour with a decent team and pay 20 reward merits. Some story arcs can probably be completed in the same time frame and may pay more, but the kill-most preference may impede the efficiency of earning merits. 

You can sell the prismatics, although the value of those has been dropping and will likely continue to do so. And, you can also convert your reward merits into whatever floats your boat. 

A lot of folks sell boosters over converters because it's fewer clicks and sometimes will net you more inf, although not as fast. 

Either way, if you play your 50 for a while, say you meet a vet level goal, or even a badge count or a inf-level goal, then play around on an alt. Think of how much inf you need to get what the new alt will need. Then, when you're on your 50 - start bidding a little less than the going price and maybe in the next day or so, you get lucky. 

If you don't have a base, make one, place an enhancement bin and place all the enhancements your 50 bought into the bin for your next alt. This way, your next alt will have all or most of the enhancements you'd want before you even create it. Then, you let the new alt start leveling up and accruing inf for the next alt. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if you like non-stealthed task forces, I would recommend the popular "money-bags ITF" - i.e. run it at +4 (not four stars) and kill pretty much everything in sight.  Pretty fast and easy and it's good money and fun.

Edited by Ironblade

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Just because I don't get a chance to post it for relevant reasons since I made it:

CoHMarketMeme.thumb.jpg.8bee57fcc44166d274a54151fe939a34.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Just because I don't get a chance to post it for relevant reasons since I made it:

A much  better version of Thor than the one in the MCU.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 9/12/2022 at 4:49 AM, victusfate said:

I have 3 decked out farmers on different accounts

I'm against farming, but, by all means, keep farming!

I take all the influence you put on the market that the Ebil Marketers(tm) don't get first.

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I found a middle ground.  Not quite player D.  I gather recipes. Usually through normal play.  Or when i get a new alt and farm them ip to 50 in a few hours i have a bag of recipes.  Then i craft/convert those to a handful of very marketable enhancers.   Sell at about 80% going market price.  Bam.  Usually 200-300 mill per 50-60 or so recipes.  Netween the farming crafting converting it is a bit of time investment.  Plus of course the farmer earns inf during those hours.  The cheesiest way is AFK farming.  But i can never stay AFK when it is up.  Too OCD

• Like 1