Worst Boss?

Spankea

By worst, I'm assuming you mean most annoying to fight.

Personally, Carnival of Shadows: Master Illusionists.  If I'm playing a controller or, better, a Dominator, they aren't bad because I can hold them.  Otherwise, major pain in the rear. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, laudwic said:

By worst, I'm assuming you mean most annoying to fight.

Personally, Carnival of Shadows: Master Illusionists.  If I'm playing a controller or, better, a Dominator, they aren't bad because I can hold them.  Otherwise, major pain in the rear. 

If you are a melee AT with a damage field, you just wait until you see orange numbers appearing over her head. Then you go to town on her. 

9 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

The CoT Madness Mages when you get sent to Kings Row to hunt the Circle, because you generally don't have the defenses to keep from getting locked down by them and fragged by the rest of the spawn they're in.

Mages are at low level combined with banned in gladiator matches makes them a strong case.

Frank Masterson from HR, terrible boss to work for.  Countess Crey actually told him to take it down a notch at a meeting once.

But yeah, Carnie Master Illusionists are a pain in the buttocks.  Paragon Protectors are dreadful solo and when they pop MoG or moment of whatever else; suck clock starts.  Ruin Mages are terrible.

But yea, Frank Masterson, constantly nagging about updating your contact information and harping about timecard closure in Deltek, and the paperwork nightmare with regards to the travel claim.  I know he's a Nemesis automaton.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

Tsoo Sorcerers should be included ...

especially when they con purple to you

and are grouped in threes

• Thumbs Up 1

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

CoT Succubus can be a real bitch if you are not built to deal with them.  Late game Victoria robots in Incarnate trials are tough and mean. I use two mag 2 holds stacked to =4 on them and burn when on a Blaster.  That works on Paragon Protectors before they MoG too

• Like 1

COT Ruin mages are the worst bad combo of lockdown slows and force fields which make them difficult to hit

Vaz morts and eidlons especially the rad ones do damage that is hard to resist

Succubi are nasty their confuse can literaly cause a team wipe and I should know as I actually DID wipe my team because of one

Tsoo Sorcs if 2s and 3s can be a nightmare as they teleport all over and heal each other while making it nigh impossible to hit them because of Hurricanes

Malta gunslingers have nasty surprise DPS which can kill you if you dont handle them early

• Thumbs Up 2

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

1 hour ago, catsi563 said:

COT Ruin mages are the worst bad combo of lockdown slows and force fields which make them difficult to hit

Vaz morts and eidlons especially the rad ones do damage that is hard to resist

Succubi are nasty their confuse can literaly cause a team wipe and I should know as I actually DID wipe my team because of one

Tsoo Sorcs if 2s and 3s can be a nightmare as they teleport all over and heal each other while making it nigh impossible to hit them because of Hurricanes

Malta gunslingers have nasty surprise DPS which can kill you if you dont handle them early

Mages seem to be attached to accolades a lot.  Posi 1 ending for TF Commander and the Eye of Magus.

For my Tankers, Scrappers and Brutes, I hate the Carnival Bosses with a passion.  The Master Illusionists are awful and the Ring Mistresses and Dark Ring Mistresses are even worse.

On my Sentinels, I don't like fighting the Incarnate Banished Pantheon, they have the right combination of debuffs and straight damage to ruin my day.

On my squishies, I don't like Malta Gunslingers, IDF Commanders, Rularuu Beholders or anyone else with the DPS to burn me down before I can return the favor.

And NOBODY likes Ruin Mages.  Ever.  For any reason.

Also, Longbow Wardens, Paragon Protectors, and anyone else with Moment of Glory are not necessarily difficult to fight, but they are annoying.  You basically have to defeat them, wait two minutes, and then defeat them again.

7 hours ago, catsi563 said:

*tags them with my "useless" sleep, shutting down the FF.*

Stuff like this is why I always thought people just *weren't paying attention* when complaining about sleep... "Oh, no, damage wakes them!" Yeah, and they don't have that armor/bubble/other power now, do they... you're welcome for making killing them so much easier.

As for worst boss? Yeah, going with the Carnies Master Illusionist, primarily for one annoyance *regardless* of AT - summoning a Phantasm which can summon a decoy Phantasm. Everything else any boss summons is killable. If you're rescuing/kidnapping someone, though, that decoy just sits and wastes time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

8 minutes ago, Greycat said:

*tags them with my "useless" sleep, shutting down the FF.*

Stuff like this is why I always thought people just *weren't paying attention* when complaining about sleep... "Oh, no, damage wakes them!" Yeah, and they don't have that armor/bubble/other power now, do they... you're welcome for making killing them so much easier.

As for worst boss? Yeah, going with the Carnies Master Illusionist, primarily for one annoyance *regardless* of AT - summoning a Phantasm which can summon a decoy Phantasm. Everything else any boss summons is killable. If you're rescuing/kidnapping someone, though, that decoy just sits and wastes time.

Sleeps are good as an interrupt.

Define "worst".

A lot of the bosses that people mention here are pretty great. I love watching some dumb blaster get frozen by a teleporting gunslinger's cryo rounds and promptly fragged; or a terribly played tanker get detoggled by the super stunner they just killed and proceeding to get handed a taste of the floor. Hi-la-rious! Heroes getting humiliated never gets old.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

If you are a melee AT with a damage field, you just wait until you see orange numbers appearing over her head. Then you go to town on her. 

Nah. Confuse her. Confuse is conferred to pets, so it suddenly turns her into a very useful ally.

Frostfire can still absolutely hammer players - if you're playing solo story stuff in order, he is categorically the hardest foe you'll have come up against.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Rad/Rad Paragon Protector Elites.  -Regen, -Recharge, -Movement Speed (Lingering Radiation, 30s duration... and 25s recharge time), -Defense (10-30% with every successful attack), -Resistance and -Damage (toggle).  I fight everything, and this is the one thing I don't like to fight.

Those PPD ED-209 dicks with their choke and puke patch that ignores status protection are a very, very close second.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

Rad/Rad Paragon Protector Elites.  -Regen, -Recharge, -Movement Speed (Lingering Radiation, 30s duration... and 25s recharge time), -Defense (10-30% with every successful attack), -Resistance and -Damage (toggle).  I fight everything, and this is the one thing I don't like to fight.

Shivers.  Yeah I ran into some of those recently.  Not money.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

18 hours ago, Snarky said:

You really meed mez prot.  Or Blaster mez prot…wait for the Tank to piss them off and sniper them

Or run Tactics.  It has both protection and resistance to Confuse.  

SR, Shield, Willpower ->> only Armors with Protection vs Confuse (outside of t9's I might have missed) so Snipe with extreme prejudice unless the Tanker decides to Taunt you 🤪).  

• Like 1