Focused Feedback: Blast Power Set Updates

Damage procs are all standardized.  If it's the moderate damage one it does 69.60 damage across the board no matter if it is the Blaster's Wrath, Unbreakable Constraint or Apocalypse.  Then all minor damage procs are at the 46.63, don't know why you're getting other values for the various procs.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TurboRaptor said:

Beanbag is atrocious.  Ignite is atrocious.

I understand doing a major change and removing a power in favor of another is a huge change.  It's hard to keep people happy with something like this.  However I don't think removing more potential damage for a set that's supposed to do damage for a very minor CC is a good move.  It's also very thematic for a weapon you should be aiming with to have a power that is called Aim.

Reworking Ignite into Incenerator is a cool idea, and I can see having it stun.  It might justify taking it despite it not doing the best damage, especially for ATs that only have their primary and epics to rely on for damage. 

And personally, I don't think it needs it at all considering you can juggle a boss with Slug, Snipe, M60 Grenade and Buckshot already.  That or just outright kill it.

My first 50 on live was AR/DEV blaster.  One of my regulars now is AR/TA blaster.  From my perspective, neither of these powers was or is "atrocious."  Ignite became much less atrocious with TA, because I have holds (hold, burn), and I have Oil Slick.  

Putting a KB proc in Beanbag makes it KB bosses reliably.  I like having the flexibility to do that, vs having to rely on a damage power to do that, or slot a damage power to do that.  

I suppose upping the KB chance on Sniper Rifle or Slug might balance it out.  

Also, if they're gonna replace Ignite with something, why another fire attack?  If I wanted a fire blaster that had a single target fire attack and a cone fire attack, I'd roll a fire blaster.  Make the existing, somewhat unique power more attractive or replace it with something else unique.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eustace said:

My first 50 on live was AR/DEV blaster.  One of my regulars now is AR/TA blaster.  From my perspective, neither of these powers was or is "atrocious."  Ignite became much less atrocious with TA, because I have holds (hold, burn), and I have Oil Slick.  

Putting a KB proc in Beanbag makes it KB bosses reliably.  I like having the flexibility to do that, vs having to rely on a damage power to do that, or slot a damage power to do that.  

I suppose upping the KB chance on Sniper Rifle or Slug might balance it out.  

Also, if they're gonna replace Ignite with something, why another fire attack?  If I wanted a fire blaster that had a single target fire attack and a cone fire attack, I'd roll a fire blaster.  Make the existing, somewhat unique power more attractive or replace it with something else unique.  

With 4 powers that inherently have a medium to high chance to knock back, with one that you want overwhelming force kb to kd in anyway(grenade) I can't wrap my head around the value of taking a power specifically for a kd proc when it does basically no damage anyway.  Can't even make a case for proccing it because ranged damage sets have 2 dmg procs, one of which you really don't want to waste on a power like Beanbag.

Ignite might have niche uses such as on immobile things but it's small and causes foes fear so they'll try and run away from it asap anyway.  Plus for TA, flamethrower is now way better so you got that to ignite OSA.  I would say add it as an added effect to flamethrower but making things run around like crazy is still not ideal.

Also what makes Ignite unique?  It's a taoe rain power with a much smaller radius than any other powers of its type.  It does more damage, sure, but again it's so small and you'd do a lot more damage more quickly if you just use your other attacks instead of trying to keep things in it.

Edited by TurboRaptor

3 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Doing some quick testing on a DP/ Blaster with the procs mentioned prior between Live/Beta, I got the following results from 20 hits each on my training dummy. The Total is the total damage dealt, AVG number is the total damage / 20 shots, the % is the % of the total damage, Hits and Proc % show how often an effect went off:

image.png.c66d36af68042209fb23179494d794a7.png

image.png.6775e6b193e92477e694afb0ddb2f546.png

In this sample of only 20 shots, the damage dealt by the Live version is about 17.22% more than the current Brainstorm patch. Looking at the proc rate, this could be due to Neuronic randomly not proccing as often as the others... if we game the system a little bit, we can see what it looks like if Neuronic procced just 6 times like Ghost widow did:

image.png.847b2eaca50f49f262a5a0deb5d46235.png

This adds 215.22 total damage, and makes Live only 13.5% better damage. 

This is without any added enhancement, but what I forgot was the Blaster ATO does enhance recharge, but with it's super high PPM I figured it'd be good to test it out. This could be why Neuronic got some worse rolls on the Brainstorm set of 20. A further test with more shots (100 lets say) would show better averages. Speaking of damage and enhancement, lets take a look at these values if we just straight up replaced Neuronic with an Acc/End enhancement:

image.png.cd385c9756e1e2d924b06896dbeef647.png

With 5 procs, the big difference between the two is highlighted as the advantage of live drops to 5.4%. On Brainstorm, the majority of damage is always coming from Suppressive Fire itself. This is where stuff like Defiance, Assault, or just Damage Enhancement comes into play. Interestingly, the changes between Live and Brainstorm did alter Defiance where I had a higher average with Live than Brainstorm by a few %! 

Lets recalc these though as if we slotted a Thunderstrike Acc/Dam instead of an Acc/End though, giving the power a 26.5% damage boost:

image.png.c3a22faa14d9d88b6ba0ba9fe0951025.png

With a non-SO level of damage enhancement + Defiance, adding up to 49.5% on Live and 47.5% on Brainstorm (Avg), Brainstorm managed to out-do Live this time by about 2%. With an SO level / Superior Blaster Acc/Dam, the difference grows close to 4%:

image.png.4b3356ec3d59ec4ff524ceb9c8653dd9.png

And with an Apocalypse +Damage, it swings to a clean 9.75% in favor of Brainstorm.

image.png.d2d099c1cebc118f1935c9a0cc5f5fbe.png

If I replace the next worst proc (Ghost Widow) with an Apocalypse Dam/End for even more +Dam the difference skyrockets to nearly 25% in favor of Brainstorm:

image.png.b40dbcd54b76c6e87ad1b2a8eca52ae1.png

In fairness though, lets compare the original Live proc-bomb version to the one with 2 slots dedicated to damage:

image.png.0ccb815aa66de29258e05f3f395e1752.png

Basically equal!

It also cannot be understated the damage percent that you get out of each version when you *DON'T* proc. On Brainstorm, if you do not proc anything you are still doing 40-56% of the potential damage, while on live you are looking at 2-5%ish at best which could lead to critical fails of a sort as seen where there were a few times I didn't proc.

What this sample + math shows to me, is that on average the new Supressive Fire affords more slotting flexibility compared to before where Damage sets could be used to good effect while still being able to toss in procs. The much bigger damage allows for outside buffs to greatly influence the power, as does the boosted recharge allow you to toss this near-equal damage out way way faster. 

I do not see the issue on the proc/damage side *specifically*. 

Supressive Fire regularly triggering Decimation Chance of Build-Up on LIVE is something I didn't see in your tests -- it's a big help for a set that lacks Build Up, and the effects last long enough for 1-2 fast attacks including Hail of Bullets or (if MC) Eagle's Claw.

Edited by brasilgringo
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Damage procs are all standardized.  If it's the moderate damage one it does 69.60 damage across the board no matter if it is the Blaster's Wrath, Unbreakable Constraint or Apocalypse.  Then all minor damage procs are at the 46.63, don't know why you're getting other values for the various procs.  

Can you cite a source foe that? Because I pulled those numbers from in game logs, you can also check on CoD.

To back up my claim, here are the direct logs from Live:

2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Suppressive Fire for 3.46 points of Lethal damage.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Suppressive Fire for 3.46 points of Lethal damage.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You Stun Super-Heavy Bag with your Suppressive Fire.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Superior Blaster's Wrath: Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage for 107.08 points of Fire damage.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Apocalypse: Chance for Negative Energy Damage for 107.08 points of Negative Energy damage.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Unbreakable Constraint: Chance for Smashing Damage for 107.08 points of Smashing damage.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Neuronic Shutdown: Chance for Psionic Damage for 71.74 points of Psionic damage.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance for Psionic Damage for 71.74 points of Psionic damage.

As well as CoD links and screenshots:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=boosts.attuned_ghost_widows_embrace_f.attuned_ghost_widows_embrace_f&at=blaster
image.png.9c7b0f25d244f04ab1ae3adb17ccb7eb.png

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=boosts.crafted_apocalypse_f.crafted_apocalypse_f&at=blaster

image.png.826fab831f0f549f6cb7a9b79f4bcf03.png

If you are referring to the purple patch, the damage of them would become ~51.4 for the Purple IOs, and ~34.44 for normal Procs vs +4 at lvl 50. If you are referring to +3 via Incarnate level shift, it'd look closer to your claim with 69.6 dam on the big procs, and 46.63 on the normal ones as seen below. Just multiply the damage of them by the values seen in the table below:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Purple_Patch

image.png.653a54d5c09bd0628e7cb8647064ebec.png

The wiki also has the Procs Per Minute formula I used prior to do the "theorycraft" version of the test: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Procs_Per_Minute 

image.thumb.png.850a9c8817b56570f6f24acece5703dd.png

2 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

Supressive Fire regularly triggering Decimation Chance of Build-Up on LIVE is something I didn't see in your tests -- it's a big help for a set that lacks Build Up, and the effects last long enough for 1-2 fast attacks including Hail of Bullets or (if MC) Eagle's Claw.

I did not test that, but it should be something like 36.1% - 15.8% chances between live and brainstorm which is not too reliable due to it's 1 PPM proc rate:

image.png.49d856ce363fd2c331c2bd33ea9ba67e.png

Using that formula above, you get:

1 * ((1.67+20) / 60) -> 1 * (21.67 / 60 ) -> 1 * 0.36117 = 36.117%
1 * ((1.5+8) / 60) -> 1 * (9.5/ 60 ) -> 1 * 0.15833 = 15.833%

EDIT:

Upon a re-test, I got the following results with 20 shots vs my training dummy:

Live:  10 / 20 = 50%

Brainstorm: 2 / 20 = 10%

In this case, yeah it was a major blow to that particular proc, yet the damage dealt by Suppressive Fire should even that out. On live, you are hitting for ~6 damage without other enhancement. On brainstorm, it hits for ~102 damage, an increase of +96. With enhancement on the power, you're looking at 200.07 damage which is a MASSIVE increase available every 8 seconds, while not the same it does shore up a lot of the offense lost at least vs in ST by the proc rates.

Edited by Galaxy Brain
  • Thumbs Up 2

Beanbag sucks. Blast sets without Aim or a thematically-named Aim equivalent, suffer greatly in terms of damage output for its absence.

Even Dual Pistols suffers for lacking Aim, and Swap Ammo is not a good enough replacement. Assault Rifle has it even worse.

Please don't listen to bad complaints. Not all feedback is created equal.

Unless you're willing to put a Follow Up-style small damage and accuracy boost on Beanbag, despite the complete lack of thematic sense that would make (how does a nonlethal knockdown round make you more accurate), leave Beanbag deleted please.

Edited by A.I.D.A.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, ScarySai said:

My opinion is known to you, but I want to voice it openly.

Aim should stay. If you want to avoid the cottage burn for beanbag specifically for some reason, you should just move the stun effect to another power, like incinerate or slug.

If incin is supposed to be ar's big single target chunker, powers like that often have secondary effects like a stun or knock or whatever. Slapping damage and a lower recharge on beanbag like what you did with suppressive isn't going to work.

I am fine with Aim staying as long as I get a ST stun somewhere. I suggested slug as well. The only drawback I see is that a lot of enemy rifle weapon attack chains have slug in there. players could get stunned more often and not understand why.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

18 minutes ago, A.I.D.A. said:

Beanbag sucks. Blast sets without Aim or a thematically-named Aim equivalent, suffer greatly in terms of damage output for its absence.

Even Dual Pistols suffers for lacking Aim, and Swap Ammo is not a good enough replacement. Assault Rifle has it even worse.

Please don't listen to bad complaints. Not all feedback is created equal.

Unless you're willing to put a Follow Up-style small damage and accuracy boost on Beanbag, leave it deleted please.

Bean Bag is like the old War Mace Clobber used to be. The Devs didn't have a problem making that a high damage attack on live. You probably don't even remember that Clobber did not damage early on. It made WM one of the worst weapon sets to play. My original complaint is not bad, it's valid. The ranged stun needs to go somewhere.

Edited by KC4800
  • Like 1
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

7 minutes ago, KC4800 said:

Bean Bag is like the old War Mace Clobber used to be. The Devs didn't have a problem making that a high damage attack on live.

I don't mean making it "a high-damage attack." I mean making it "ranged Follow-Up."

Much like Follow-Up takes a smaller version of the buff values of Build-Up, but requires the power to hit in order to apply, in exchange for stacking up to 3x (and resulting in a little bit more than Build-Up so long as you can maintain your stacks), a similar treatment relative to Aim would be what's needed to make Beanbag sufficient -- take a smaller version of the buff values of Aim, but let it stack 3x as you keep hitting (resulting in a little bit more than baseline Aim so long as you can maintain your stacks).

The problem isn't that Beanbag has low damage itself. The problem is that Assault Rifle doesn't have an Aim or Aim-equivalent, and that is the primary reason why its damage output suffers compared to most other blast sets. Beanbag is worthless, and thus, the easiest to replace. No matter what power you replace, there will be someone who chose it and may miss it, but honestly? If we let that stop development, then nothing will ever change or improve. Those people can suck it up.

Edited by A.I.D.A.
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

9 minutes ago, A.I.D.A. said:

The problem isn't that Beanbag has low damage itself. The problem is that Assault Rifle doesn't have an Aim or Aim-equivalent, and that is the primary reason why its damage output suffers compared to most other blast sets. Beanbag is worthless, and thus, the easiest to replace. No matter what power you replace, there will be someone who chose it and may miss it, but honestly? If we let that stop development, then nothing will ever change or improve. Those people can suck it up.

The problem with AR is that it was originally designed to pair great with one secondary -- Devices.  Targeting Drone has been boosted to help Sniper Rifle get to damage levels that other secondary choices only see when they use Build Up. 

Ignite also has many uses. It fires around a corner. You set up some trip mines throw down  caltrops at your feet on your side of the wall, fire around a corner to agro the enemy.  That is being taken away but I have chosen let that go without complaint. Why do I have to give up so much?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, KC4800 said:

The problem with AR is that it was originally designed to pair great with one secondary -- Devices.  Targeting Drone has been boosted to help Sniper Rifle get to damage levels that other secondary choices only see when they use Build Up. 

Ignite also has many uses. It fires around a corner. You set up some trip mines throw down  caltrops at your feet on your side of the wall, fire around a corner to agro the enemy.  That is being taken away but I have chosen let that go without complaint. Why do I have to give up so much?

We're losing aim no matter what and beanbag will be staying, but even if we did lose beanbag, I'm finding it hard to see how you're "giving up so much." People bummed about Ignite I understand, but Beanbag is like the least taken power in AR and hard to justify since it doesn't work within AR's existing toolkit or do damage.

Not to mention, as Galaxy Brain said, so many more buffs were given to AR to at least put it mid-tier instead of dead last. Go play with it on Brainstorm, AR feels way better now, even if you don't take Aim.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

8 hours ago, Mezmera said:

He is showing the average damage per attack (which was 20).  So the procs that fired more often did more total damage, thus had a higher average damage per attack in his test. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

The wiki also has the Procs Per Minute formula I used prior to do the "theorycraft" version of the test: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Procs_Per_Minute

Don't use that, that is i23 formula. Notice the lack of slotted recharge in the calculation. 

In fact, a good test to run is 2 slots used for damage enhancement on the Brainstorm version, +5 damage, +5dam/end apocalypse. Then use the apocalypse proc with 3 other 3.5 ppm damage procs. So no recharge in the attack, see how it's damage compares to a proc bomb on live.

Edited by Bopper
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

8 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

We're losing aim no matter what and beanbag will be staying, but even if we did lose beanbag, I'm finding it hard to see how you're "giving up so much." People bummed about Ignite I understand, but Beanbag is like the least taken power in AR and hard to justify since it doesn't work within AR's existing toolkit or do damage.

Not to mention, as Galaxy Brain said, so many more buffs were given to AR to at least put it mid-tier instead of dead last. Go play with it on Brainstorm, AR feels way better now, even if you don't take Aim.

AR might feel better with secondaries other than Devices. I'll give you that. Like I have stated repeatedly--repeatedly. Move the stun to Slug. Drop Bean Bag, add Aim. Problem solved. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, A.I.D.A. said:

Beanbag is worthless, and thus, the easiest to replace. No matter what power you replace, there will be someone who chose it and may miss it, but honestly? If we let that stop development, then nothing will ever change or improve. Those people can suck it up.

It would be pretty trivial to add stun to another power, too. This should not be a roadblock.

5 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

It would be pretty trivial to add stun to another power, too. This should not be a roadblock.

Yep, pretty much. Beanbag sucks, and I'm not too worried about the thoughts of all three players that use it. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Personally i would turn Beanbag into a high damage single target attack with a stun and rename it (AP round/ HEAT?). Remove incinerator from Blasters etc. Let Sentinels have incinerator and give the others something else to be different. Even turning ignite into a high single target damage dot that causes fear could work.

Drop ignite and replace with some Build up power or armour piercing effect for a duration. Call it "Tracer Rounds" or "Enhanced Ballistics" or something. that causes all shots to penetrate resists by X% for X duration and increases accuracy.

Increase Full auto damage for Sentinels to match other Sentinel T9 damage which is roughly about a 30% increase. Give it a better secondary effect rather than a small chance at extra damage or increase that chance significantly.

Lower the activation time on Slug for Sentinels from 1.67 to 1.4 seconds like Blasters/defender/corruptors.

This will help keep the Sentinel from being a near exact copy of the others.

Edited by Gobbledigook
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Can you cite a source foe that? Because I pulled those numbers from in game logs, you can also check on CoD.

To back up my claim, here are the direct logs from Live:

2023-04-11 00:10:19 You Stun Super-Heavy Bag with your Suppressive Fire.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Superior Blaster's Wrath: Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage for 107.08 points of Fire damage.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Apocalypse: Chance for Negative Energy Damage for 107.08 points of Negative Energy damage.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Unbreakable Constraint: Chance for Smashing Damage for 107.08 points of Smashing damage.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Neuronic Shutdown: Chance for Psionic Damage for 71.74 points of Psionic damage.
2023-04-11 00:10:19 You hit Super-Heavy Bag with your Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance for Psionic Damage for 71.74 points of Psionic damage.

As well as CoD links and screenshots:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=boosts.attuned_ghost_widows_embrace_f.attuned_ghost_widows_embrace_f&at=blaster
image.png.9c7b0f25d244f04ab1ae3adb17ccb7eb.png

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=boosts.crafted_apocalypse_f.crafted_apocalypse_f&at=blaster

image.png.826fab831f0f549f6cb7a9b79f4bcf03.png

If you are referring to the purple patch, the damage of them would become ~51.4 for the Purple IOs, and ~34.44 for normal Procs vs +4 at lvl 50. If you are referring to +3 via Incarnate level shift, it'd look closer to your claim with 69.6 dam on the big procs, and 46.63 on the normal ones as seen below. Just multiply the damage of them by the values seen in the table below:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Purple_Patch

image.png.653a54d5c09bd0628e7cb8647064ebec.png

image.thumb.png.850a9c8817b56570f6f24acece5703dd.png

I did not test that, but it should be something like 36.1% - 15.8% chances between live and brainstorm which is not too reliable due to it's 1 PPM proc rate:

image.png.49d856ce363fd2c331c2bd33ea9ba67e.png

Using that formula above, you get:

1 * ((1.67+20) / 60) -> 1 * (21.67 / 60 ) -> 1 * 0.36117 = 36.117%
1 * ((1.5+8) / 60) -> 1 * (9.5/ 60 ) -> 1 * 0.15833 = 15.833%

EDIT:

Upon a re-test, I got the following results with 20 shots vs my training dummy:

Live:  10 / 20 = 50%

Brainstorm: 2 / 20 = 10%

In this case, yeah it was a major blow to that particular proc, yet the damage dealt by Suppressive Fire should even that out. On live, you are hitting for ~6 damage without other enhancement. On brainstorm, it hits for ~102 damage, an increase of +96. With enhancement on the power, you're looking at 200.07 damage which is a MASSIVE increase available every 8 seconds, while not the same it does shore up a lot of the offense lost at least vs in ST by the proc rates.

Log into the game pew pew a target and monitor combat chat.  Pretty simple stuff really.  The Cimeroran boss I hit with most of those same procs listed out that I either did 69.60 or 46.63 damage per proc.  

It would be fine if you rounded up or down to whole numbers for your example but if I can point to your very first power point to see that you're off 11pts here and 11pts there it kind of calls into question your whole testing method wouldn't you say?

I'd say you're far too long winded to try to prove whatever figures you want to provide are right that you can't just do something as simple as log in and monitor combat chat.  

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Log into the game pew pew a target and monitor combat chat.  Pretty simple stuff really.  The Cimeroran boss I hit with most of those same procs listed out that I either did 69.60 or 46.63 damage per proc.  

It would be fine if you rounded up or down to whole numbers for your example but if I can point to your very first power point to see that you're off 11pts here and 11pts there it kind of calls into question your whole testing method wouldn't you say?

I'd say you're far too long winded to try to prove whatever figures you want to provide are right that you can't just do something as simple as log in and monitor combat chat.  

I provided the combat log in the post as well as showed how you got your numbers 🙂

You are fighting a boss that is +3 to you, yes?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

I provided the combat log in the post as well as showed how you got your numbers 🙂

You are fighting a boss that is +3 to you, yes?

Yes at me being 50+1 and the boss at 54 it would be +3 to me.  If it were to matter that the boss were to be +4 to me shouldn't my numbers theoretically all be higher than yours and why does Apoc, Unbreakable, Neuronic, Net etc all still match with the numbers it's showing in my combat chat eh?

This is why I like to test things against targets I would fight when playing the game.

Edited by Mezmera

Personally what they should do (assuming we're losing ignite for incinerator anyway) is to just swap ignite for aim instead, and change beanbag to a higher damage disorienting shot with longer stun time at a higher tier where ignite current is.

The only "problem" with this is losing that fire damage type for Lethal resistant enemies.

Again personally I'd rather they keep ignite and just increase its radius and shorten it's cast time to 10ft/1.5s since there is a lag in the animation anyway so it's more useful both as a keep away, and for aoe (or st damage if you can only slow/kd and not immobilize)

If ignite is being changed for incinerator no matter what, then it's damage definitely needs bumped up to match, maybe with proccing kd ie stop drop and roll and would be funny if it at least still kept its fear (not terrorize) so they still run in circles on fire lol.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Yes at me being 50+1 and the boss at 54 it would be +3 to me.  If it were to matter that the boss were to be +4 to me shouldn't my numbers theoretically all be higher than yours and why does Apoc, Unbreakable, Neuronic, Net etc all still match with the numbers it's showing in my combat chat eh?

This is why I like to test things against targets I would fight when playing the game.

This would be due to the Purple Patch, which alters the stats of powers depending on how much higher or lower level you are relative to your target.

I was targeting something equal level to me, so there were no special modifiers for the Nueronic 71.74 damage proc. The following would apply for each level higher the target is than me:

+0: 1.0 mod = 71.74 dam

+1: 0.9 mod * 71.74  = 64.57 dam

+2: 0.8 mod = 57.39 dam

+3: 0.65 mod = 46.63 dam (as seen in your tests!)

+4: 0.48 mod = 34.44 dam

Same applies to the ~107.09 damage from the superior procs. At +3, they get modified by 0.65 = 69.61 (rounded up)

Edited by Galaxy Brain

3 hours ago, A.I.D.A. said:

I don't mean making it "a high-damage attack." I mean making it "ranged Follow-Up."

Personally I'd agree with this as well. Those are my favorite perma buffs on melee, we need more like that in blast sets. This is a good place to put one in instead of just aim IMO.

I'd prefer they did that for ice blast so it would last through blizzard as well and obviously similarly with the new storm Blast set.

And for DP too they really should add a to hit and damage buff to the swap ammo forms too? Maybe adding a smashing damage form too to still get the knockdown of the attacks but still get the to hit/damage boosts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Personally what they should do (assuming we're losing ignite for incinerator anyway) is to just swap ignite for aim instead, and change beanbag to a higher damage disorienting shot with longer stun time at a higher tier where ignite current is.

The only "problem" with this is losing that fire damage type for Lethal resistant enemies.

Again personally I'd rather they keep ignite and just increase its radius and shorten it's cast time to 10ft/1.5s since there is a lag in the animation anyway so it's more useful both as a keep away, and for aoe (or st damage if you can only slow/kd and not immobilize)

If ignite is being changed for incinerator no matter what, then it's damage definitely needs bumped up to match, maybe with proccing kd ie stop drop and roll and would be funny if it at least still kept its fear (not terrorize) so they still run in circles on fire lol.

Yes that is why i thought that the new Aim could be a resist bypass/penetration power for a duration instead, to help penetrate one of the most common resist types. This would not be a debuff but a bypass for the user only. Armor Piercing rounds basically.