How many levels are there

savair

3 hours ago, savair said:

What happens when you reach the highest one

In simple terms, level 50 is when you stop gaining new regular powers or enhancement slots.  After training to 50, you start earning XP toward Incarnate content, (basically new, specialized powers which are separate from your regular ones).  As you continue to play your level 50 character, your XP bar will still fill, and when you "level up" again, you basically gain some goodies, which can help with the aforementioned Incarnate stuff, or provide other goodies like free costume change or respec tokens...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JasperStone said:

50 Regular

999(?) vet levels

27 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

Veracor has 20,000+ veteran levels...

24,300 and something the last time I checked (last week).

• Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

There is only one level.  The one you currently are.   

Deep right?   Deeeeeeep

Indeed. What is a level, after all, but an interpretation of a state of body and/or mind?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ironblade said:

24,300 and something the last time I checked (last week).

tenor-564363080.gif.b6406bee72824e12691aecd7a4c24f05.gif

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

What level are the croissants on? I'm tired of climbing these stairs.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

21 hours ago, dtjunkie said:

I'm going to guess 2,147,483,647. When Veracor dings the level after this Everlasting will collapse into a neutron star.

It might be 4,294,967,295.  Since vet levels are never negative,  it might be stored as an unsigned 32 bit integer.  Either way,  there is no way anyone would ever reach the vet level cap in a human lifetime.

There was a comment by a dev somewhere that said the cap,  maybe in a bug report about vet levels above 99 making drops suck.

37 minutes ago, TheZag said:

There was a comment by a dev somewhere that said the cap,  maybe in a bug report about vet levels above 99 making drops suck.

So far, I haven't seen that, but it would be a more anecdotal.  I suppose what I can do is take a couple of my characters, one above, one below and run them thru a bunch of content and compare.   *files under QA stuff that may or may not occur soon*

5 hours ago, TheZag said:

It might be 4,294,967,295.  Since vet levels are never negative,  it might be stored as an unsigned 32 bit integer.  Either way,  there is no way anyone would ever reach the vet level cap in a human lifetime.

I bet they used signed. Otherwise I could have 4 billion influence right?

8 hours ago, lemming said:

So far, I haven't seen that, but it would be a more anecdotal.  I suppose what I can do is take a couple of my characters, one above, one below and run them thru a bunch of content and compare.   *files under QA stuff that may or may not occur soon*

After running a few missions with a dual boxed vet level 140 and vet level 1

434 defeats and just about even drops; 6 vs 7 Recipes, 24 vs 25 threads,  just 1 shard for the vet level 1, 20 vs 20 in Salvage

2 vs 7 for enhancement drops which is the only number that is a bit different.

A larger sample could probably be run, but I don't think there's much difference.