Who/What are you???

BjorJlen

Ok, here is the question of the ages...

Are you a Nerd, a Geek, or a Dork?

And how does it, and you, relate to City of Heroes???

Discuss... 😋

• Haha 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

A geek is a circus freak that bites heads off chickens right?  Maybe a Renfield woyld do that.  Not me.

A Nerd.... Hmmm.  I do not think I am smart enough for that.

That leaves....    Hey, who came up with these options?  C'mere, I want to talk to you.  Right inside this crypt.  private like.

• Haha 8

I am a Geek by modern definition in large part because i have no issues with social interaction (Navy training sir!).  I have seen me a few true old school biting the heads off of chickens, hammering mails into their nose geeks at carnivals in North Carolina and Florida back in the seventies.  Trust me, you don't want to see those dudes in bustiers and platform boots.

Also I still question weather or not they were truly qualified to perform routine maintenance on a Tilt-O-Whirl.

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

21 minutes ago, Snarky said:

A geek is a circus freak that bites heads off chickens right?  Maybe a Renfield woyld do that.  Not me.

A Nerd.... Hmmm.  I do not think I am smart enough for that.

That leaves....    Hey, who came up with these options?  C'mere, I want to talk to you.  Right inside this crypt.  private like.

Ummm... Aren't Vamps stalkers by nature? What? Why are you looking at me that way @Snarky? Why are your eyes glowing? Sorry son, your silly mind games won't work on m...

Squirrel..!

Edited by BjorJlen

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

I just think of myself as a geek. I am interested in everything. I don't consider myself smart enough to be a nerd.

I have been refered to as a polymath by a few coworkers, I do tend to disagree with them, but due to my in-depth understanding of the topic, I know its the truth. 😉

Cliff Clavin is my Hero.

Edited by Mr. Apocalypse
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am me. Nothing more, nothing less. A culmination of ecology, geology, genetics and almost 6 decades of experience. Not necessarily in that order.

Live with it!

• Like 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Where I work, you cannot fathom the amount of Nerds, Geeks and Dorks there are, hundreds of them.  They outnumber the normies by a wide margin, like 20 to 1.  And they are in charge and its not a Tech company.  You will find people arguing over Space: 1999 there.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I am me. Nothing more, nothing less. A culmination of ecology, geology, genetics and almost 6 decades of experience. Not necessarily in that order.

Live with it!

Totally awesome! 😁

And thanks for the great music (when music was real music back then lol). Almost reaching 6 decades myself as well; ahhh, good times... 🙂

7 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Ok, here is the question of the ages...

Are you a Nerd, a Geek, or a Dork?

And how does it, and you, relate to City of Heroes???

Discuss... 😋

By that video's definition, I'm a geek, with traces of nerdism: IQ and obsession. Always have been.  There are several sci-fi properties I've studied out pretty thoroughly. For decades, my friends referred to me in terms like "the trivia guy" because I just read and retained so much.  The funny thing, though, is that I took a geek test several years ago (I think it was on website "Major Geek"?) and I only scored 38%.  There's some truly serious geeks out there apparently.  I'm also not a...I'd guess you'd call it a "pan-geek".  I've met people who are obsessed with everything pop culture, and my mind just reels at the amount of time needed to get to that level.  There are large chunks of such culture I have no interest in.  Anime and manga, for example, although I was a fan of the early stuff brought to the State back in late 1970s: Robotech, Starblazers/Spaceship Yamato, etc.

Curiously, my geekdom does not dramatically play out in CoH.  I'd probably suggest I'm a well-informed casual player.  But when I read people studying the finite details of a crafted set and how it works better for one specific controller over another, my eyeballs roll back and I risk falling asleep.  It's probably the math involved.  I scored reasonably well in math entering college, but other than geometry, I've never had an interest in it.

Hah, you fools have finally ousted yourselves! For you see...

*unmasks*

...I've been a jock this whole time!

You're all NERDS!

*plays sports nearby, menacingly*

Edited by Lines
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

gaming my whole life, like much of you Id suppose. 

theres been a decline in capture for me in games over the last few years. dunno if its the ever-fps, a dearth of mmos, or an over grindy/spaced-stretched diablo 4 most recently.

mercifully there still coh to mess about in!

cyberpunk rpg way back when

warhammer fantasy battle

warhammer ropeplay

aos

anime

i dont talk to anyone, not since the attack. never really did before. was married for a good dozen years, they had cancer, got better, but became violent and threatening at the end.

1675342168762.jpeg.40e72efaaefdf4049dc73ef6795e2856.jpeg

so loner, i guess, and nerd by all thatd define a person that way anymore. which i dont think is such a thing as it may have been 30y ago.

6 hours ago, High_Beam said:

Also I still question weather or not they were truly qualified to perform routine maintenance on a Tilt-O-Whirl.

But then is anyone ever truly qualified to hose vomit off a 1970s Tilt-O-Whirl?

59 minutes ago, Mr. Vee said:

But then is anyone ever truly qualified to hose vomit off a 1970s Tilt-O-Whirl?

I worked the santa cruz boardwalk and there was a definite pecking order on who who have to hose off the rides after an incident.  (I was a cashier so avoided that)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lines said:

*unmasks*

You're all NERDS!

guess you've kept that strapped down

54 minutes ago, lemming said:

I worked the santa cruz boardwalk and there was a definite pecking order on who who have to hose off the rides after an incident.  (I was a cashier so avoided that)

Oh hey, someone from my neck of the woods.

I grew up in Santa Cruz. 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MyriVerse said:

Nerd and Dork, yes. I'm no Geek. I don't perform sideshow.

That would be Freak.

12 hours ago, Lines said:

*unmasks*

You're all NERDS!

Hmm... I don't see "jock" on this list...

image.png.9f6bce800db4288937de7ce37458f256.png