Four Billion Influence

Player2

4,041,386,329 to be precise.

I went through all 350 alts and recorded their current influence total in my spreadsheet.

I've occasionally misplaced where the large sums are sitting, so I wanted to make sure I had it all listed so I could find it when I need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I assume I'm north of 3 billion if I went looking. My current goal is to have a character either IOed out, self sufficient in gaining currency, aka they work the market, or having $500 mill on hand for any future needs. If a character is north of $500 mill, they send extra to someone who isn't.

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I went through all my alts and collected the inf and merits. I now have 1.8 billion sitting in my global emails and an alt I use as a mule for the merits. I currently have 68 hero merits in his inventory

I hadn't even thought about checking my unused merits.  Thanks for the reminder!  😎

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I went through all my alts and collected the inf and merits. I now have 1.8 billion sitting in my global emails and an alt I use as a mule for the merits. I currently have 68 hero merits in his inventory

Yeah, but you’re a GM and have the cheat codes!!! 😜

kidding! Kidding! Sheesh. One little comment…

I know someone who has hundreds of billions in email at 999 million.  He was chasing a few people like Yomo who have a ceazy amount 

I find anything in the neighborhood of 2 bill is infinite unless i alt madly for months and just build new 50s.  Running a 50 earns a ton.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

like snarky, i see posts where people have crazy amounts, tens of billions

i tend to keep my main at about 1.98bn and store the rest (200-400m) in the AH. where i see a person on the forums who appears like they could use the support, i enjoy buying expensive procs or purple sets for people

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Last time I added up "cash on hand" I think I had about 14 billion.  Now, I'd estimate 18 - 20 billion in Influence, not counting merits, stored items, and Super Pack goodies in email.

As Snarky said, it's hard to run out of cash once you hit a certain point as long as you play your alts to 50 and don't make a bunch of new ones at the same time.

4 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

*saunters into @GM Crumpet's account, picks up one Hero merit, licks it, throws it back in the pile, mixes the pile, saunters back out*

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 minutes ago, Luminara said:

*saunters into @GM Crumpet's account, picks up one Hero merit, licks it, throws it back in the pile, mixes the pile, saunters back out*

And that people is how you prevent your brother from eating the last cookie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

you can run out pretty fast, or I sure can, if every character you make NEEDS the legacy cot guide robes. 100 prisms.

theyve been going up, ised to be ablut 4M each, now nearer 4.75M. i like to think ive contributed to the inflation!

likewise, Panacea uniques at 20M over the weekend, which is silly. must be miserable for new players.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, honoroit said:

likewise, Panacea uniques at 20M over the weekend, which is silly. must be miserable for new players.

I have a base where I store a few enhancers (cough)  But even if you have NO enhancers stored and you see a market spike like this....

1) Find a cheap PvP enhancer on market (relatively, look around for the low end)

2) Buy that

3) Convert in type (PvP) until you get a Panacea

4) Convert in set until you get the one you want

This strategy is how to NEVER pay top dollar for items.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

like snarky, i see posts where people have crazy amounts, tens of billions

i tend to keep my main at about 1.98bn and store the rest (200-400m) in the AH. where i see a person on the forums who appears like they could use the support, i enjoy buying expensive procs or purple sets for people

Dad?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, High_Beam said:

And that people is how you prevent your brother from eating the last cookie.

If you'd have said sister, I'd have believed you.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

I go through inf way too fast to keep track of it, but I'd surmise I have about 2.5 bil spread across my roster of 120.

If we're counting what's in storage I probably have about 3 bil worth of enhancements sitting around.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

1 hour ago, honoroit said:

I took a character this past weekend who was farmed to 22 and decided to generate some currency for them. I think they had one rare salvage. I sold it, and pounded the common IO recipes since I don't have any merits on hand for that character. On the the casual, I had near 4 million after the weekend. And honestly, I didn't really need the rare salvage as start up. If I grabbed a new character and pounded out Posi and Synapse this past weekend, 20 mill would have been cake. If people want to complain about generating currency here, may I introduce you to other MMOs. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

24 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

I took a character this past weekend who was farmed to 22 and decided to generate some currency for them. I think they had one rare salvage. I sold it, and pounded the common IO recipes since I don't have any merits on hand for that character. On the the casual, I had near 4 million after the weekend. And honestly, I didn't really need the rare salvage as start up. If I grabbed a new character and pounded out Posi and Synapse this past weekend, 20 mill would have been cake. If people want to complain about generating currency here, may I introduce you to other MMOs. 

they normally run ~8M, the recipes 2-5M. not 20. 

likewise, ATO pieces spike up to 15M these days.

its trivial to farm, not so to raise that without recources.

so a striated playerbase results.

probably easiest seed money is an overwhelming force from sbb. but the new player doesnt know that, do they?

Edited by honoroit
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zewks said:

The big question:

How did you all get it?

A good chunk of it accumulated over time by playing 50s. A bigger chunk of it is from using Enhancement Converters to turn trash into treasure to sell on the AH. I let all of my uncommon and rare recipes sit in my inventory until I just eventually have all the salvage to craft them. I'll do a little researching of the supply/demand of said crafted IOs to see if they're worth selling, and if not, I'll convert until they turn into something worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

1 hour ago, honoroit said:

they normally run ~8M, the recipes 2-5M. not 20. 

likewise, ATO pieces spike up to 15M tyese days.

its trivial to farm, not so to raise that without recources.

so a striated playerbase results.

probably easiest seed money is an overwhelming firce from sbb. but the new player doesnt know that, do they?

There's no lack of guides and conversations in the Market forum. I have at times openly posted outside of the Market forum how I can take a newly made character and set myself up for my first billion using that character alone. The literal best answer I can give for a starting point in terms of generating currency in other MMOs is to first hit max level.

In case anyone needs it. Pick a number 0-99. I like using the year I was born. Lets say 75.

Create a character. Put them though the tutorial. Don't use the Inspirs.

Exit the tutorial. Sell the Inspirs on the Market for 5 currency.

Take your new coin and start putting bids on common salvage at 75 a pop. By all means do stacks of them.

Go play the game. Hit up Posi I and II and Synapse at some point.

Sell those stacks to the Vendor.

Rinse and repeat until let's say around 90k*.

Put 87k-90k bids on common IO recipes for Acc and Damage. Again, do stacks when you can.

Sell them to Vendors.

Once you hit 1.5k*, start putting bids on Level 41 Red Fortunes and their salvage.

Take your Merits and convert them to Enhancement Converters. 

Craft and convert to another Defense set using 2 Enhancement Converters since Enhancement Converters have to convert to a rare Defense set in this specific instance.

Sell the Reactive Defenses for 1,999,975* unless it is the Scaling Damage one. Add a mill or 2* on that one.

Sell Luck of the Gamblers for 3,999,975* unless it is the +Recharge one. Those are 5,999,975*.

Rinse, repeat, sell stacks.

That's literally how I do it and one of many ways I have done it. Converting purples is another. So yes, it is trivial even without farming and no real resources. Sure, prices on the market for certain items can go crazy at times. That's why you watch it over time. Hell, the last 5 don't even display correctly on a consistent level. They can literally be displaying prices for the wrong item. In a different well known MMO I have played. it took me two weeks to gain a single gold. Now I can pound out 2-4 gold on a daily basis on the casual if I want to solely because I hit max level. You want that really awesome mount? Well, its starting point is 250 gold. Oh, you want to buy a legendary item? (chuckles) Oh, go on. Go craft it instead. There's nothing like time gated crafting so a single item in a list of them can take 7 days to craft. You want a new character? Well, if you earn enough gold you can convert that to gems so you can spent the hundreds of gems to unlock a single character slot. I played that MMO for months, and I can say I never want to hear about the problem with currency in CoH because this game doesn't even know what a true grind really is.

* Prices may vary.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.