Aggro limit.

Blacklsited

Minor Issue...  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think aggro limit should change?

• No, I like it how is. (Glares at Farmers)
    • 50 Critter Aggro, each player... (Standing between Content Players and Farmers, just trying to lessen tense stand off)
    • Unlimited would make life easier... (Jumps up and down getting hyped. While flexing at content players)
    • Could cause server lag... (Annoyed with farmers but those crayon eaters are cruel)
    • I don't get paid enough to care... (The dev slowly sinks into chair to avoid eye contact from EVERYONE)
    • Option 2 / Option 4 (Developer who plays farms just to level or beef up)
    • Option 3 / Option 4 (Developer who can't help admit they too love farming)
    • Option 1 / Option 5 (confused, bored, doesn't notice issue)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/02/23 at 05:00 AM

I just want everyone to somehow convince the Devs to do it, have them code it, then have the .01% vocal minority cry like a wounded baby elephant until they reverse back and trash it.  Just like they did with Super Strength….

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I just want everyone to somehow convince the Devs to do it, have them code it, then have the .01% vocal minority cry like a wounded baby elephant until they reverse back and trash it.  Just like they did with Super Strength….

I want the aoe target level set to the same number as the agro level. Right now we have the worst of both worlds. you can agro way higher numbers than you can hit to keep agro.

Which option leads to not changing anything because this would lead to tanks and brutes telling groups to wait at certain points all the time bringing fun to a stop?

Herding is not fun

Herding went away in like issue 4 or 5 or 6

servers went down like issue 24 or 25

its currently issue 27.6

even a 32 target cap would lead to little micro herds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

I want the aoe target level set to the same number as the agro level. Right now we have the worst of both worlds. you can agro way higher numbers than you can hit to keep agro.

In no game that i have seen is that happening 

Also it would kill the fun.  Learning how to dismantle mobs with powers while they try to kill you is the challenge 

• Thumbs Up 1

My only real suggestion is providing players an “agro bouy”. For want of a better term.  The agro cap i am pretty sure in laced through a ton of code. Changing things in the old beast causes….issues.  So instead add a pet that draws agro.  Possibly transferring damage to the player towing using existing mastermind bodyguard code.  Thus extending agro cap. Perhaps in a power pool with taunt etc

but, again, the extremely vocal .01% will find it ruins how they play and start hurling fecal matter at everyone until they get their way   Just like they F-ed the SS fix because it ruined their ability to double stack Rage. So they complained nonstop until the change was dropped.  

Edited by Snarky

Honestly a limitless agro cap without a limitless target cap would kill farming on things like the meteor map as even with 90% resistance and 45% defense enough mobs would still be overwhelming to a player.

Take that into other content especially hard mode TFs, teams could pull more agro then they could effectively handle.

Tanks/brutes would probably like an increase but in general content it could cause issue with Squishies especially while solo.

Probably not a good idea to raise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Herding is not fun

blasphemy! i have provoke even on my defender haha

herding is a direct contributor to chaos, which is the purest way to play the game

if people aren’t button mashing in panic i’m not interested

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would be fun to see how quickly a team dismantles when tanks/brutes/defenders try to herd up 50 Carnies.

The Ring Masters would shut that down super fast.

I remember the good ole days when a tank would herd all of Atlas and bring them in the park across from city hall and all the low lvls freakin out. Those were fun times. 

If there was an option to increase mob size (not to 50) but maybe an option to double the pull would be good. I play with teams that steam roll everything so it would be awesome to test how good we really are.

However, there are a ton of good arguements that this shouldn't be done. 

2 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

If it ain't broken...

Game works fine as it is. Let's not upset apple carts

This being the main one.

@Etched

• Thumbs Up 1

No.

I do remember the days of live...

...standing at the door

... the tank gathered the map to us

boring.

The graphics overload about destroyed my PC then ... lol

Or being trampled in the Hollows by Igneous cause a tank is herding all of them

ALL of them

To one spot

yay.....

The changes to taunt were necessary and have made teams more mobile and faster.

Herding has changed because of it and that is good.

The changes to taunt (I believe) had nothing to do with only Farming.

AE farming to be specific - they have faced a number of changes on their own

Farming existed way way way before AE.

The Council Portal mission, Battlemaiden Map etc.

Even Sewer runs pre DfB.

• Thumbs Up 3

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

I love how a bunch of posters whizzed past my entry and complained an agro limit would change everything and ruin farming.  When my post above specifically requires 1 (or 3?) power picks and is a player option that is turned on (and off)   No need to read when you can scream there is a conspiracy to destroy your life I suppose

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Etched said:

It would be fun to see how quickly a team dismantles when tanks/brutes/defenders try to herd up 50 Carnies.

The Ring Masters would shut that down super fast.

I remember the good ole days when a tank would herd all of Atlas and bring them in the park across from city hall and all the low lvls freakin out. Those were fun times. 

If there was an option to increase mob size (not to 50) but maybe an option to double the pull would be good. I play with teams that steam roll everything so it would be awesome to test how good we really are.

However, there are a ton of good arguements that this shouldn't be done. 

This being the main one.

@Etched

my ‘go to’ for introducing a classic CoH feel on TFs is to click enemies buffed, it really switches on the old game playstyles and has people cooperating quickly, even at +0

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cute phrasing in the poll choices, but my "like it how it is" vote has nothing to do with farmers.  I don't farm but also don't care much who does.

I just don't see a need to be able to herd up multiple spawns around one person.  If the team aggroes more than one spawn at a time then the TEAM has to deal with it, because one person can't.

That's a good thing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I love how a bunch of posters whizzed past my entry and complained an agro limit would change everything and ruin farming.  When my post above specifically requires 1 (or 3?) power picks and is a player option that is turned on (and off)   No need to read when you can scream there is a conspiracy to destroy your life I suppose

uh cause writing clear thoughts is hard for me....

then there are the rewrites

and also took time to remake my special hat

image.png.c1d7e4157756e50730c52b0dbef1159a.png

• Haha 1

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

The funny thing? A lot of people assume Tankers have the highest aggro limit, but it isn't. It's Masterminds.

Mastermind pets each have their own threat table, 6 per pet (I believe. I can find no specific data anywhere.) So let's do the math -

3 T1 pets (18) + 2 T2 pets (12) + 1 T3 pet (6) = 36 mobs.

But, this isn't including the Mastermind themselves, who also have their own personal 12 target aggro limit.

So it's "possible" that Masterminds have a "total" net threat table of 48 mobs per Mastermind. Again, no hard data to support those numbers, only what I have personally seen and experienced. It's what led me to multibox 3 Masterminds to Farm with, and those three Masterminds regularly engage 7-8 groups at a time, at 8 mobs each, that's 64ish mobs. I pretty much fight 2/3rds of the "Asteroid" map at a time. But this also lead to something else I noticed as well -

Not all mobs are actively "placed." Because when I am flying around trying to aggro as many as possible, areas that I "cleared" before, now suddenly have fresh unengaged spawns. And sometimes I will even see different groups of mobs in the same spot, but from different accounts. (IE - one Mastermind will see a group of spawns in a certain spot, but the other Mastermind will not.) Which makes me suspect there is a limit on the number of things drawn in or rendered at a time.

Again, no data or proof, only what I have noticed when trying to fight as much as possible at a time.

Anyway, Tankers aren't the AT with the most targets.

Masterminds - 36(?) mobs

Tankers - 16 mobs

Everyone else - 12 mobs

I haven't really tried "swarming" yet with any of the other pet classes yet, like Controllers or Crabberminds. Because astute people might realize it isn't just "aggro-ing" things, its aggro-ing as well as surviving it, especially for pets. Which most Mastermind setups could not survive that many at once, you sort of have to build specifically for it.

I suppose its possible for them to change things, but as it stands, it's already possible to swarm. Just few people really do so, and I typically only do so when alone. I have never tried to aggro an entire map and bring them back to the group on a mission before.

Just my imput!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

herding is a direct contributor to chaos

you are really going to look me in the keyboard and tell me herding a whole floor to a single point is not order?

Even if you got what you wanted, AoEs are limited to 5/6/10/16 in most instances

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Even if you got what you wanted, AoEs are limited to 5/6/10/16 in most instances

When the team can handle the enemy action, herding keeps all the teams' AoEs constantly at their maximum capacities, and makes sure everyone has a fresh enemy close at hand to engage when their current one is defeated. Efficient herding means the team doesn't need to spend time travelling from spawn to spawn -- the spawn groups come to the team. 

9 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

you are really going to look me in the keyboard and tell me herding a whole floor to a single point is not order?

When done well, herding creates a beautiful symphony of orderly destruction.