Speed Task Forces

Corruption

Doc Q is one of the TFs that's benefitted the most from the advanced travel options (ATT, Team Transport, etc).

A decent team can knock one out at a lesiurely pace of about 2 hours.

A well built team looking to speed can buzzsaw through in about an hour.

ESPECIALLY lucrative when it's the WTF!

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

The Shard TFs have a (somewhat deserved) reputation as being slogfests. Most people ran them once or twice before all the extra team travel powers became available, or even before Ouroboros portals were a thing, so they took hours and were just plain awful. These days they can be done reasonably quickly, and I'm positive that even the times in my previous post can be improved upon. That being said, it takes a little more coordination to do those TFs that quickly, and the merit rewards are only really worth it if they're the WST. Dr. Q might be worth it even if it's not the WST but 1-1.25 hours is still an awful long time for a single piece of content.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Also, more radios. I'm not sure about the others but for Faathim the Kind, part of the reason it was so slow is that you have to visit him in person every time you need a mission. I used to run that one every so often (since I really like the zones) and I knew the exact route to get to his place via gravity geysers.

As a side note, gravity geysers let you get around the zones a lot faster than flying, but it takes some practice to learn how to use them and know the routes (VIdiot Maps helps but you still need practice)

Defender Smash!

Speeding through content seems like watching a great movie on fast-forward, to me, but...

It’s not necessary that I understand or agree with the appeal that something has,  to understand that it DOES have appeal for others, and that diversity of play styles is a good thing :)

This is me. I've run DFB and DIB several times and I have no idea what the story is, because it seems to some (most?) that taking the time to actually read why we're doing what we're doing is a waste of time.

I'm grateful that there are some who intentionally post non-speed runs. Not everything needs to be a race. /shrug

To each their own.

Speeding through content seems like watching a great movie on fast-forward, to me, but...

It’s not necessary that I understand or agree with the appeal that something has,  to understand that it DOES have appeal for others, and that diversity of play styles is a good thing :)

This is me. I've run DFB and DIB several times and I have no idea what the story is, because it seems to some (most?) that taking the time to actually read why we're doing what we're doing is a waste of time.

I'm grateful that there are some who intentionally post non-speed runs. Not everything needs to be a race. /shrug

To each their own.

If you want to read, everything but the market TF should be on paragonwiki.com - including the chatbox npc text that's easy to miss even if you are going slowly.

To each their own.

If you want to read, everything but the market TF should be on paragonwiki.com - including the chatbox npc text that's easy to miss even if you are going slowly.

Sure, but it'd be nice to read about the why before doing it, instead of retroactively. My hope is that when I get more experienced with TFs, I'll be able to run non-speed groups for people who do care about the story or are playing it for the first time.

What difficulty settings are these run on? Might be a good thing to include going forward :)

I assume all of these are being run at +0. Please specify when you post if you've upped the difficulty.

The OP will be updated later with the latest times.

Tried out some PvE tonight after the PvP died down on Indom.

Tin Mage

Nice times.

It's amazing what 6 yrs of practice can get ya.

@Ignicity/@Igniciti

Discord: Ignicity

Former Official Justice Troll

Official Excelsior Hamidon Spawner