The servers are running so bad you cannot play the game?

Eyeborn

I've been playing a new character on Indomitable for the bonus XP and doing iTrials on Everlasting.  I have not seen any issues at all.  Are you playing on Excelsior?  That's the busiest shard and I have avoided it for that reason.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

37 minutes ago, Eyeborn said:

I cannot play the game the servers are running so slow.

Was on Excelsior an hour ago. No issues here.

Depending on your setup, I'd first try to see how things are on other servers. Excelsior is really busy, but the other servers less so.  If this is the first time you've connected to Homecoming, changing graphic settings can make a big difference. COH is not a graphic intensive game compared to modern games, but its graphics technology is dated and works best with OGL compatible GPUs. It can run on an integrated GPU (most laptops) but not at high settings.

• Thanks 1

Not saying any of this happened, but, don't discount the effect of sudden changes in weather on communication infrastructure between your location and the servers.

Heavy snow can bring lines down, people can slide off into junction boxes, heavy frost can cause fiber optic to fog or splinter, a whole host of things.  If your usual route from Point A at your desktop to Point Z at the server farm includes hops off an affected node, the new route may not be as efficient and will introduce some drag. 

Plus, in bad weather, schools close and people work from home, adding extra traffic on top of the sluggish routes.

People don't think it be like it is, but it do.

• Like 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

49 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Busy today (studies, work….hunting for….bargains!). Seems odd. Homecoming rarely experiences tech issues like that

The Blood Bank has sales?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

10 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

If you post in Help & Support, people are usually pretty good with troubleshooting to get you to cause of your problem.

If you post here I can explain that you might be the problem.  Might not.  Probably are.  Yeah, pretty sure it is you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find more often than not that when experiencing lag in games, it's usually my internet, since we're still using the providers equipment to a reboot of the router usually resolves issues. I also tend to avoid starting zone and high pop servers, besides most of my friends play on Torch so it's a no-brainer to be there.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Not dismissing others connectivity problems, I have no doubt they are real and annoying but I have had zero problems trying to log into Excelsior when it is Three (Red) Seashells, I mean dots, no queueing or anything.

Then again I am a secksi magic snowflake who had kings and courtesans present at my birth and a hundred fairy godmothers all sprinkling magic awesome dust on me.

At least that's what the talking cat says to me.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

the issues are real even before HC announcement. My home has terrible internet on a good day. 

I always advise wired over wireless.

Reboot your computer daily if you leave your computer on all the time. 

make sure hard drive not full. 
consider playing just  coh and not multitasking if older hardware. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

It seems the OP created their account this week and only has the one post ever.  I would therefore suggest that their problem in running the game stems from some issue at their end, rather than a problem with the servers.  In the absence of any further feedback - or rather, USEFUL feedback - I think we're done here.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.