Villainy.

I want to see some features where you can actually be a real villain. This includes:

#1: Earn a "true villain" power with a long mission or badge that grants you the ability to show up in Atlas park and actually murder roleplayers or other heroes chilling there. They literally have no say if they're in pvp mode or not. I mean, people don't know when villains strike in real life, so it only makes sense.

#2: You have the ability to kidnap Heroes and hold them for ransom to their guilds. If the player is sold off they get to play again within 24 hours. If the ransom isn't met their character is perma dead.

#3: This would make villains a lot scarier. It would make it where city of heroes is not just sitting around diddling yourself and basking in your cosmetic glory in sanctuary. You have to actually be careful and watch out like real life.

Edited by eldriyth
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 15
  • Thumbs Left 1
  • Moose 1

5 minutes ago, eldriyth said:

I want to see some features where you can actually be a real villain.

I agree. I'd love to see some actual villainy added to the game. In fact I even talked about it in the thread started by a developer about it. I recommend posting there to insure that a developer will see your ideas.

5 minutes ago, eldriyth said:

Earn a "true villain" power with a long mission or badge that grants you the ability to show up in Atlas park and actually murder roleplayers or other heroes chilling there.

Please just stop.

You know full well that by suggesting added PvP in Atlas Park of all places that the flames that you're going to be fanning will be epic. You're clearly just trying to get people in trouble.

If you're reading this I recommend not responding at all. It's not worth the risk and it's not like you're going to change his mind or behavior.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
Added another thought.
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1
  • Microphone 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

4 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I agree. I'd love to see some actual villainy added to the game. In fact I even talked about it in the thread started by a developer about it. I recommend posting there to insure that a developer will see your ideas.

Please just stop.

You know full well that by suggesting added PvP in Atlas Park of all places that the flames that you're going to be fanning will be epic. You're clearly just trying to get people in trouble.

If you're reading this I recommend not responding at all. It's not worth the risk and it's not like you're going to change his mind or behavior.

You sure do love putting words in people's mouths.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, eldriyth said:

I want to see some features where you can actually be a real villain. This includes:

#1: Earn a "true villain" power with a long mission or badge that grants you the ability to show up in Atlas park and actually murder roleplayers or other heroes chilling there. They literally have no say if they're in pvp mode or not. I mean, people don't know when villains strike in real life, so it only makes sense.

#2: You have the ability to kidnap Heroes and hold them for ransom to their guilds. If the player is sold off they get to play again within 24 hours. If the ransom isn't met their character is perma dead.

#3: This would make villains a lot scarier. It would make it where city of heroes is not just sitting around diddling yourself and basking in your cosmetic glory in sanctuary. You have to actually be careful and watch out like real life.

griefing players in not being a villain.  it is being a butthole troll.

being a viillain is missions to kidnap paragon citizens and deliver them to vahzilok for "experiments" and a hundred other examples from redside

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Up 4

Despite the troll being his typical troll self....

I do agree that there really isn't much villainy behind many of the red side missions. A lot of back stabbing skulduggery between factions, theft, 'kidnappings', and so forth...but the difference between blue side and red side missions of those natures is mainly word play. There isn't a real feeling of villainy behind them. The bank robbery instances with the little arson and store thefts are more 'villainous' in a small town hood sort of way.  I know it's not easy to write good villainy and have things still remain player friendly for the younger folks but...

Maybe have designated 'open' contacts that belong to individual villain groups with spoiler missions against their counterparts...with a lot more destruction involved. 

Add strikes against more than just banks in the Informant instance;  Blow up industrial sites, rampage thru the Zig to free as many inmates as possible, Steal all you can from a Vanguard/Longbow/Freedom Corps base, Arson strike against an entire zone while evading heroes and such, Go after an upcoming hero (non-canon) or small group of heroes before they become a real problem in the future, Sneak in and sabotage a bunch of equipment at a base or steal Rikti tech being reverse engineered, etc., Assist Arachnos in 'disciplining' a group in the islands that have overstepped the thin red line...

So much possibility left in Red side beyond 'same missions different names' from Blue side without going to the PVP zones. 

Edited by Go0gleplex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Go0gleplex said:

I do agree that there really isn't much villainy behind many of the red side missions. A lot of back stabbing skulduggery between factions, theft, 'kidnappings', and so forth...but the difference between blue side and red side missions of those natures is mainly word play. There isn't a real feeling of villainy behind them. The bank robbery instances with the little arson and store thefts are more 'villainous' in a small town hood sort of way.  I know it's not easy to write good villainy and have things still remain player friendly for the younger folks but...

Maybe have designated 'open' contacts that belong to individual villain groups with spoiler missions against their counterparts...with a lot more destruction involved. 

Add strikes against more than just banks in the Informant instance;  Blow up industrial sites, rampage thru the Zig to free as many inmates as possible, Steal all you can from a Vanguard/Longbow/Freedom Corps base, Arson strike against an entire zone while evading heroes and such, Go after an upcoming hero (non-canon) or small group of heroes before they become a real problem in the future, Sneak in and sabotage a bunch of equipment at a base or steal Rikti tech being reverse engineered, etc., Assist Arachnos in 'disciplining' a group in the islands that have overstepped the thin red line...

So much possibility left in Red side beyond 'same missions different names' from Blue side without going to the PVP zones. 

I honestly do not believe you have run much Redside.  I have soloed it ALL many times.  I am doing so again, every contact for every arc and every side mission.  There is much evil to be done.  Yes, you work for people doing errands a lot. Welcome to the bottom of the evil corporate ladder

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I honestly do not believe you have run much Redside.  I have soloed it ALL many times.  I am doing so again, every contact for every arc and every side mission.  There is much evil to be done.  Yes, you work for people doing errands a lot. Welcome to the bottom of the evil corporate ladder

Agreed. I've been running a tank solo through redside, doing as much as possible and there's been times I've actually sat back in my chair and stared at the screen with wide eyes over the totally awful thing the game let me do. Sure, the lower level stuff makes you feel like a flunky, but after awhile you hit those "oh, they're not really gonna let me...oh #@$^ that guy's dead!" moments.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

griefing players in not being a villain.  it is being a butthole troll.

Perhaps we need a 5th alignment?:-) 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I'll play my usual one-string harp, and bring up Mayhem Missions... again!

Nothing makes my villains' black hearts soar like blowing up cop cars!

Oh, so many cop cars!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Moose 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

3 hours ago, Go0gleplex said:

I guess I should have named this post: "Villainy Against Other Players." I'm not talking about griefing lifeless NPCs here.

I've been running quite a bit of red side actually. More than Blue or Gold even... Only arcs I don't bother doing are Circle...mainly 'cause the halls of Oranbega make me feel hemmed in and sometimes trigger my mild claustrophobia. 

From my viewpoint and play style I really don't see much difference between blue side missions and red side missions other than the flavor text....so yes, I'm gonna say they are pretty much the same horse painted different colors and put in a different barn stall as you go. There could be more variety is what I'm saying...and variety is a good thing. Unlike many folks here, I'm not an obsessive mission fanatic but a casual player. I don't care about the numbers...tweaking every erg of percentage possible from my build...or any of that game pro nonsense. So yeah, I'm gonna have a much more simple view of things since I am not playing beyond Joe sends me to Mike who sends me Gus (which doesn't happen that much red side...almost never have consecutive contacts and have to do a lot of paper missions after Mercy. That's been true with all my red side toons over the last 18 months. 

Let me see if I've got this straight. Your objective is to implement the ability to deliberately target other players with PvP, in non-PvP zones, and allow attacking players the opportunity to possibly lock their targets out of accessing certain characters entirely? Then if the locked out character doesn't have a ransom paid the character gets deleted? And you want the playerbase and the devs to support this suggestion?

tenor.gif

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Up 3

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

1 hour ago, eldriyth said:

I guess I should have named this post: "Villainy Against Other Players." I'm not talking about griefing lifeless NPCs here.

Going around killing new players in Atlas Park is griefing.  It is NOT villainous.  Go watch the South Park WOW episode.  

You want PvP?  Put on your big boy pants and  head over to Recluse’s Victory…. Or did you try that and they handed you your head back all gift wrapped?🎁  So now you want to beat down on the new players we have coming on?

Edited by Snarky
  • Thanks 4

What we need is a court system and a prison system for Villain AT's where they can be processed by heroes and remanded in custody according to their criminal escapades. Also there should be a resident Mr. Big in the prison system as a lifer who can keep the unruly mobs under control with permadeath options for the most effluent detractors.

There should be  a points and badge system for heroes who put away the most villains with no recompense for miscarriage of justice.

While not exactly giving the 'element of surprise' completely, there already are PVP zones where door missions are available to do.

Would like to see more door missions added to a zone like Warburg for example where its a free for all, maybe more sprinkling of special badges or rewards for completing them.

Or make Kallisti with a distinct dividing line down the middle, one side blue other side red.  Blue door missions in red side and vice versa.

• Like 1

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....