What is Pocket D?

WuTang

Did a quick search but only found a post asking if there was some dance party in Pocket D.

So what is it? Is it a super team thing, solo thing, or just a hangout spot? Missions....radios....?? I might just jump feet first and find out tonight but figured might as well ask.

Pocket D is a hangout spot.

It was put in as the place that Heroes and Villains can meet up in game.  It is themed as a dance club with tiki bar.

And they put some holiday missions starting in it so heroes and villains can do them together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D - is an intra-dimensional spot where Heroes and Villains can meet without fighting each other.  It's also a first rate night club. 

DJ Zero - is the main character in Pocket-D. 

DJ Zero created the place himself after the paragon dance party shutdown. 

Also has Monkey Fight Club in it.  A place where Rikti monkeys spawn and fight each other. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Also home to Null the Gull (on top of a truck on the villain side) who offers various services. Null will even make you stronger if you ask enough times.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

when you have a tiny hole in your pocket and suddenly you're pulled through that tiny whole WHILE STILL WEARING YOUR PANTS you might find yourself in Pocket D.

The reason it's all pink and fuzzy is because you're actually right next to a giant DJ Zero's scrotum!

Now all you gotta do is ask yourself "Why would War Witch be there?"

• Haha 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

It's where they hold the racial draft, and where WuTang went to the Chinese Delegation.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

3 hours ago, Cyrickain13 said:

Pocket D - is an intra-dimensional spot where Heroes and Villains can meet without fighting each other.  It's also a first rate night club. 

DJ Zero - is the main character in Pocket-D. 

DJ Zero created the place himself after the paragon dance party shutdown. 

Also has Monkey Fight Club in it.  A place where Rikti monkeys spawn and fight each other. 

First rule of Monkey Fight Club, don’t  talk about monkey fight club. 

It also has the P2W vendor that you can access during TFs.  And it was how rogues and vigilantes could go from red side to blue and back, before we could put beacons in sg bases, or have fancy teleportation. 

Y'all mentioned holiday missions but none mentioned that big ol' ski resort just outside the window?  Look for the wood door with a ski symbol and some snow by it.  You can get badges for making good time down the slopes.  Beneath the ski lodge is a door to the skating lake, where several memorial avatars reside.

The Doctor also hangs out there.  Look around closely enough and you'll discover I'm right.

Also moderately-well hidden is an entrance into the third section of the game, the gold side, Praetoria.  That door leads to Praetoria's nightclub and from there to the streets.

Edited by Techwright
add material
  • Like 1
  • Banjo 1

55 minutes ago, lemming said:

Pretty sure that hurling guy is a result from that

They finally sent that poor guy to the hospital IIRC, after heaving up his guys for like 18 years.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

23 hours ago, WuTang said:

Did a quick search but only found a post asking if there was some dance party in Pocket D.

So what is it? Is it a super team thing, solo thing, or just a hangout spot? Missions....radios....?? I might just jump feet first and find out tonight but figured might as well ask.

Well, they pretty much have a bunch of it covered.

The Pocket D is a night club occupying a self-contained pocket dimension.

It's a co-op zone for heroes and villains (Loyalist and Resistance? find your own party!) and vigilantes and rogues.

At opposite ends of the Pocket D are hero and villain sides.

On the hero side, you have an Arena area, AE creating and playing area, etc.

On the villian side, you have Null the Gull on top of a truck that can change your alignment and other stuff, the Tiki Lounge, access to the Ski Chalet, etc.

Some Holiday contacts show up in the Pocket D and in the Ski Chalet.

There is a trainer and a P2W vendor.

There is a base portal, and it can be entered from several different zones on the hero and villain side including Atlas Park.

On Everlasting, it is a hang out place for role-playing.

Long ago, before the Sunset, there were times that the dance floor in the main room would be full of player characters dancing ... not that I have seen on Homecoming .... yet!

• Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

20 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I think anyone who heaves up guys probably needs to change their life in quite meaningful ways

I didn't catch my typo and now I have to leave it there I guess!  Still, one does sometimes heave up what one's swallowed lately...

tumblr_inline_po834o4AcT1vnlwv4_540.gif

• Haha 1
  • Moose 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝