The MacGyver Manual, or "You used X to make Y?!?"

Raevyn_Darke

• 2 weeks later

The chess game in Crowned Heads now has a new and upgraded opponent.

screenshot_200919-21-01-12.thumb.jpg.5f6e7289a83c3b52b2f06c7249ce4f3c.jpg

That's the standing skeleton fitted into an Arachnos suit of armor, and the Kama weapon on a CoT torch stick. 

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 1 month later
On 7/16/2019 at 10:39 AM, Calamity Cain said:

Figured out how to make a grand piano from fellow user BBBadger!

• Several Black "D"s (from Alphabet)
  • Several Black "I"s
  • Several Black Hyphens
  • One Black "7"
  • One Black "1"
  • Two "Modern Art" (for white keys)
  • Thirty-Three "Knife 1"s (for black keys)
  • Three "Small Iron Fence Poles"
  • One "Carnival Stool"

screenshot_190716-12-25-48.thumb.jpg.a5d9ab91dbafe27481d9303677b326cb.jpg

Does anyone have a more detailed explanation/pictures of how to put this together? I'd love to set one up in my base, but I am having a beast of a time figuring out how this list of items turns into a piano. Alternately, willing to hand over base editing privileges if anyone is willing to put one together for me!

Update: It ain't too pretty, but between me and a friend, we did get something that at least functionally resembles a grand piano in my base. Woo!

Edited by kyothinks
Update
  • Like 1

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later
  • 5 weeks later
On 1/13/2020 at 12:01 PM, ShardWarrior said:

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for a pagoda type roof?  I have an all ninja themed SG that I long neglected that I have recently picked up on again.   I can get the building done easy - it is that curved pagoda roof that is frustrating me.  I tried doing a combo with the chalet roofs and roman awnings, but it does not look right. 

Any suggestions?

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don't know how much effort you are willing to put into it, but if you were so inclined, you could use tintable letter "I" and match it to the color of the rest of your roof, and stack and layer them in a position where they overlap and fan out away from a single point.  It would be imperfect, and depending upon size, take a fair number of pieces.  IDK if you are interested in placing that many.  At least once you got your color right, subsequent pieces would be the same color.

• Community Rep

Plasma, you’ll want to go see Squidget’s base on Everlasting; I think the code is GHOST-1471, but I’m sure you could search in my channel and find it , or look on the yellow pages directory. Pretty sure she’d be happy to show you and tell how she made her pagoda. 

-Dacy

Sure its been done already, I've seen Dacy has something similar in her arcade, but damn this bike looks good. (2 tires, 2 Mek  Men Laser Arm, 1 Mek Men Leg part, 1 Mek Men Chest, 1 Mek Men Shoulder Pad 1, 1 Wall Light, and 1 Olympic Hammer Curl Bar.🔥

bike.jpg

bike2.jpg

Edited by stealthnight
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later

I've seen a few grand pianos made of alphabet letters, but here's my upright: three mission-style counters overlapped with each other, some short wall pieces to cover the flickering, a few stair rail posts, and a keyboard made presumably the same way as the grands I've seen out of modern picture frames and knife handles.

image.png.d9e62c08bbe44b65d4260bd5cacd8d50.png

unknown.png

image.png

Edited by Flashtoo
  • Like 7

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

• 3 weeks later

Because I needed a place to store clothes, but the base layout didn't support a closet, I had to improvise.

image.thumb.png.6d1543015d14ac857723f644ca5ad0e8.png

Two Bank Teller Bottoms on their sides doe the main body, two Bank Teller bottoms upside down for the base,, a row of Bank Teller Top over the top to make it flat and even, and two Tsoo Pens as the handles

• Like 5

On 3/9/2021 at 8:44 PM, decomposey said:

Because I needed a place to store clothes, but the base layout didn't support a closet, I had to improvise.

[Image removed for brevity]

Two Bank Teller Bottoms on their sides doe the main body, two Bank Teller bottoms upside down for the base,, a row of Bank Teller Top over the top to make it flat and even, and two Tsoo Pens as the handles

That is one awesome-looking wardrobe.

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

• 2 weeks later
On 3/9/2021 at 11:44 PM, decomposey said:

image.thumb.png.6d1543015d14ac857723f644ca5ad0e8.png

The wardrobe looks fantastic, but I especially love the creativity in the path to Narnia.  Fantastic.

Pretty convincing train track layout.

Track.thumb.jpg.bfc34fa8706cc820a75a479a8103f1ed.jpg

Track: Arachnos Beam- thin edge up
Ties: Cave Support Beam 6- 2/3 sunken
Bed: Gravemound 1
Ground: Oracle (Inactive) upsidedown- sunken flush. (hides the gravemound's flickering edges)

Edited by stealthnight
  • Like 3

I'm pretty happy with this commercial kitchen I've been working on.

Lot's of 5th Column servers/etc under tech for the boxy parts. The controls for the oven are a 5th column terminal.

Pots are unlit large floodlights, grill top and wall panels are all stall walls, inverted wastebaskets for burners, "spoon" in the pot is a surgical light arm.

"Noodles" on the grill are a rock.

The big grill pit has a fire pit, garden wall, a grating, and an inverted barbecue lid.

I'm particularly pleased with the deep-fryer, using trash bins, test tube racks, bathwater (not the best color but it works) and street sparks.

20210330024306_1.thumb.jpg.2ad84bd6bd95440bcf0ced38b6e2e7de.jpg20210330024252_1.thumb.jpg.d0eba834704507ba5ce8409daa38f7f0.jpg20210330024243_1.thumb.jpg.a145c78fe1448a0bc35ce764c4872c48.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

I made a piano. It's not so grand but it works perfectly for the crappy bar in Port Oakes. I used a ton of Mansion desks along with coffee tables. The keys are modern frames and the black keys are candles - which I found to work better than the usual knives I tend to use. On top, I added a cigar in an ashtray and some shot glasses which are just champagne flutes sunk into the wood. 

LonePiano.png.6839e8fe49fee05cd0e934b2b84bf6bb.pngSitPiano.png.4ee8effb0f238cd3642e20a7bd21e8a7.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
  • 2 months later

So I really wanted a moon in The Hunter's Dream base on Everlasting.  Something to tie it up and give it the presence that it needed for something akin to gothic horror and a tribute to Bloodborne (my favourite game I've never played, but watched over a dozen let's plays because THAT GAME IS AWESOME!).

I eventually managed to find one.

screenshot_210817-18-18-26.thumb.jpg.b09baecdef57383cff7842085bdfdf8d.jpg

screenshot_210817-18-17-06.thumb.jpg.165d3197dd6edbbf74b24cda49c1d677.jpg

screenshot_210817-18-18-35.thumb.jpg.03e3aef8cefca1d90bc29dde904974f2.jpg

And it came to me while looking under statues!  Because it's the Atlas Park statue just lifted to float in the air and tilted onto it's side.

screenshot_210817-18-18-55.thumb.jpg.1c80f87e1879304db4e0ce1129109817.jpg

Seriously, though I was gonna have to kit bash something together.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later
  • 2 months later

Only the bottom right is mine (prior to fixing a base drift issue 😡), but I wanted to post it as I found it fascinating how many different ways people make stoves. 😄 This was an adventure me and some friends did last night to go check out each other's stoves.

unknown.png

Edited by ScarredSilencer
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1