I hope people realize that Ambient Occlusion is bad

58 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

All we need is a SnarkyGPT that works like Grammerly to add more sarcasm to our posts.

I fully endorse this idea, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter in order to receive status updates and early adopter status.

• Like 2
  • Banjo 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

A bunch of weaklings trying to be tough...what a joke.

See, this attitude is exactly the reason why I hate most people. The very idea that I shouldn't be allowed to speak my mind unless I'm a big tough guy is ridiculous.

You're correct that a lot of things get said on the internet that wouldn't be said IRL, and that's because of guys like you. Guys who think nothing of assaulting people smaller and weaker than them if they say anything that they don't like, and then criticize them for not being able to "whoop their way out of a wet paper bag" as you put it.

You talk about us being "lower I.Q." and yet you're the one who's so flustered by this that you are unable to respond except with school bully threats. Real life isn't high school, and the ability to "whoop" isn't required to be allowed to speak. The CEO of my company can't "whoop" his way out of anywhere, but no one ever threatens him. Why not?

Because we're adults.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Wow...90% of these responses are pure garbage. 

I can only imagine the retaliation one would apply if half of these things were said to his/her face

I do try to attack the message, not the messenger, but it can blend in.  Especially if they get too attached to an idea.

Eh, people who know me, I say the same sarcastic things out loud.   Heck, I think I'm less prone to filter in RL.  Here, I try for an edit check...   Of course, the concept of physical fights resulting from some comment on the internet is silly to me, but too bad there are people that think violence is the way to win arguments.

Also, it's the run-on sentences that make people's eyes glaze over reading the OP posts and you wind up not sure if you already read the sentence.  At least for me.

• Banjo 1

5 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Wow...90% of these responses are pure garbage. The way you all ganged up on the OP and trolled the ever living shit out of him is completely telling of your personality. Reading this one thread is a great reminder of why I stopped posting except on rare occasion. A bunch of weaklings trying to be tough...what a joke. It is purely disgusting; great example of the positive community you claim to be. Quite frankly I find 90% of the "people" that post this forum to be complete and utter trash. All one needs for proof of this is to read this thread. I can only imagine the retaliation one would apply if half of these things were said to his/her face...lucky for these posters here, they have anonymity of the interwebs, which is exactly why they behave this way. You all make me sick. Have any of you considered that maybe the OP has something going on like maybe autism? You simply don't know, yet here you are, acting like a bunch of internet tough guy bullies...you really make me sick.

Oh, and so that the lower I.Q. can get a better understanding of what a "Wall of Text" actually is? It's not the OP's post. This individual actually uses proper punctuation and uses paragraphs. Only 4 paragraphs and you numb skulls react like this? The thought of having to read something longer than it takes to watch a tiktok video...the agony... Here, let me show you...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wall of text

What's really messed up, is that I have seen over half of you write that same "wall of text" yet none of you call out each other over it, do you? Nothing to see here except a bunch of internet tough guys who couldn't whoop their way out of a wet paper bag.

I'm sure this post will be deleted, God forbid somebody put you precious little snowflakes in your place. Bunch of panzies.

Are you okay?

• Like 2
  • Banjo 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I hate most people.

so i just go ahead and speak my mind.  not that they deserve my wisdom.  for me it is like hitting the gym.  the resistance makes me stronger.  

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

21 hours ago, Andreah said:

Like any tool, AI can be used for heroism or villainy, the choice is in your hands.

I'm not an expert on AI by any means, but for the most part at this time it seems to be able to access lots and lots of human-created content on the interwebz and riff off that, very quickly.  I don't see it being able to do anything unique or groundbreaking, just very speedy.

Just remember for every The Brain creating that content on the interwebz, there are thousands of Pinkys.

As Sean Connery said in his last movie, "I'm waiting to be impreshed."

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Who run Bartertown?

11 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I thought he said, "God shave the Queen."

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

28 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm not an expert on AI by any means, but for the most part at this time it seems to be able to access lots and lots of human-created content on the interwebz and riff off that, very quickly.  I don't see it being able to do anything unique or groundbreaking, just very speedy.

Just remember for every The Brain creating that content on the interwebz, there are thousands of Pinkys.

I have seen a theory that Pinky is the actual genius. Think about all the hair brained schemes Brain has come up with and all of them failed. Does it sound insane to you?

• Banjo 1

On 4/3/2024 at 5:14 AM, temnix said:

If you say you like this game, then see this game. And if you end up not liking some parts of it, that will be an even worthier discovery. To a hero, that is.

It certainly reads like something AI generated.

Edited by Jiro Ito
  • Banjo 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

One of the unfortunate realizations I've come to using AI's for various purposes is how inane most normal human conversation really is.

One way to think about this is, that we may have had the Turning Test backwards. It doesn't tell us which machines might be intelligent because we can't distinguish them from people, but rather which people aren't, because we can't distinguish them from machines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

8 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Wow...90% of these responses are pure garbage. The way you all ganged up on the OP and trolled the ever living shit out of him is completely telling of your personality. Reading this one thread is a great reminder of why I stopped posting except on rare occasion. A bunch of weaklings trying to be tough...what a joke. It is purely disgusting; great example of the positive community you claim to be. Quite frankly I find 90% of the "people" that post this forum to be complete and utter trash. All one needs for proof of this is to read this thread. I can only imagine the retaliation one would apply if half of these things were said to his/her face...lucky for these posters here, they have anonymity of the interwebs, which is exactly why they behave this way. You all make me sick. Have any of you considered that maybe the OP has something going on like maybe autism? You simply don't know, yet here you are, acting like a bunch of internet tough guy bullies...you really make me sick.

Oh, and so that the lower I.Q. can get a better understanding of what a "Wall of Text" actually is? It's not the OP's post. This individual actually uses proper punctuation and uses paragraphs. Only 4 paragraphs and you numb skulls react like this? The thought of having to read something longer than it takes to watch a tiktok video...the agony... Here, let me show you...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wall of text

What's really messed up, is that I have seen over half of you write that same "wall of text" yet none of you call out each other over it, do you? Nothing to see here except a bunch of internet tough guys who couldn't whoop their way out of a wet paper bag.

I'm sure this post will be deleted, God forbid somebody put you precious little snowflakes in your place. Bunch of panzies.

Dayum, someone needs a Snicker's bar real bad.

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1