Domination animation alternate

I would love to maintain a truly villainous Archetype.  There are a few choices.  Corruptor.... Heals or Buffs people.  ^scratches head.  okay.  no, that ain't it.

Here is one.  DOMINATOR.  Oh my!  No heals.  No buffs.  Dominates the enemy.  ^nods sagely.  Okay lets try that.  Inherent power makes you more powerful, more .... wtf?  A .... a rainbow?  You are not kidding me?  No alternate animation.  Every 2 min and then stays with you. 

let me get this straight.  I must be misunderstanding something.  They created an entire villain side, with zones, storylines, AV leaders.  They made all new Villain classses.  They made a Villain Archetype called Dominator with an inherent to increase the control he/she has at DOMINATION.  To quote the game "Additionally, each time a Dominator attacks, he comes closer to unleashing his true sadistic power of Domination."  Sadistic.  Villain Side.  Dominator.  And the Inherent power animation is... a rainbow.  

So, lot of acid making it's way through the Dev studios that week.  Bring your daughter to work day?  Someone terrified of rainbows?  I give up, what caused this need to equate Rainbows with Sadistic Power, Domination, and Villains?  I do not see it.

So I beg you.  Clean up on aisle 5 Redside.  Alternate animation, or suppress or something.

Oh, and likewise on Dominator, Dark Assault, Gather Shadows.  Because that is also gathering bright cheerful happiness, not shadows.  At least in the animation.  

Rainbow Raider - Wikipedia

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

It would seem you have never experienced the true horror, absolute terror, and overwhelming might that is a rainbow. There is truly nothing more evil. That is why leprechauns use them to guard their pots of gold. 😜😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

10 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

This from the guy that uses the sparkly cloud armor?

I DO NOT!  There are alternate animations for those armors.  It takes me a half hour to layer and color all the Dark armors into the correct smudge on your screen as I pass by....

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 8:38 PM, Snarky said:

So, lot of acid making it's way through the Dev studios that week.  Bring your daughter to work day?  Someone terrified of rainbows?  I give up, what caused this need to equate Rainbows with Sadistic Power, Domination, and Villains?  I do not see it.

Certain effects in the game tend to be associated with a specific visual cue so that players can easily understand what that effect is doing, like Aim causing a yellow glow because the game associates Accuracy and ToHit with the color yellow, while Build Up causes a red glow because damage is associated with red. Typically, effects that do what most players call +Special (which improve buff and debuff values and mez durations) have the rainbow glow, as if you're getting temporary enhancements to multiple attributes, because that is essentially how most of them work.

While Domination doesn't technically work that way (it doesn't provide Strength boosts, it flips a flag to activate extra effects already baked in to your powers), it is intended to simulate that effect, so... we get rainbow sparkling Domination. You don't necessarily know HOW it works, but if you're familiar with +Special powers, the rainbow colors should communicate to you that your mezzes will last longer while under the effect.

giphy(1).gif.92a01dea2b9cbcd5f77b19604511a956.gif

But also yeah, it would be nice to be able to customize that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

2 hours ago, Trickshooter said:

Certain effects in the game tend to be associated with a specific visual cue so that players can easily understand what that effect is doing, like Aim causing a yellow glow because the game associates Accuracy and ToHit with the color yellow, while Build Up causes a red glow because damage is associated with red. Typically, effects that do what most players call +Special (which improve buff and debuff values and mez durations) have the rainbow glow, as if you're getting temporary enhancements to multiple attributes, because that is essentially how most of them work.

While Domination doesn't technically work that way (it doesn't provide Strength boosts, it flips a flag to activate extra effects already baked in to your powers), it is intended to simulate that effect, so... we get rainbow sparkling Domination. You don't necessarily know HOW it works, but if you're familiar with +Special powers, the rainbow colors should communicate to you that your mezzes will last longer while under the effect.

But also yeah, it would be nice to be able to customize that.

does power boost also have the same rainbow effect?

since it also falls under the category of "+special powers" and boosts holds but not damage

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

2 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

since it also falls under the category of "+special powers" and boosts holds but not damage

Power Boost and Power Build Up both do the rainbow burst by default, yes.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

2 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

2 hours ago, Trickshooter said:

Power Boost and Power Build Up both do the rainbow burst by default, yes.

As does Gather Shadows, which snarky mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 2

Please for the love of God make Domination into a No FX power toggle. Like Sprint or othe powers in the tailor. I littery cannot stand the rainbow glow on my characters since it clashes with their concept or costume too much. I really need this in my life. Pretty please.

• Like 1

You know what's in that golden crock at the end of the rainbow? It's a crock of shit, my friend. Muahahaha!

il_794xN.5905288431_9swo.jpg

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

It was a bizarre choice for a powerset with an otherwise extremely cool-looking set of effects (Noir may be the best looking themed set in the game, IMO).  Would love to see a no effects option for those rainbow/sparkly powers, agreed. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/29/2024 at 8:34 AM, Triumphant said:

It was a bizarre choice for a powerset with an otherwise extremely cool-looking set of effects (Noir may be the best looking themed set in the game, IMO).  Would love to see a no effects option for those rainbow/sparkly powers, agreed. 

I would be happy if we could have the ability to recolor in Bright or Dark tones.  The rainbow would like get washed out by the recolor, and that's just fine.  Snarky could do a nice dark tones in blood red, someone else could do a vibrant Bright green for their plant dom... yellow or orange on a fire dom, etc and so on.

On 5/30/2024 at 8:17 PM, Player2 said:

I would be happy if we could have the ability to recolor in Bright or Dark tones.  The rainbow would like get washed out by the recolor, and that's just fine.  Snarky could do a nice dark tones in blood red, someone else could do a vibrant Bright green for their plant dom... yellow or orange on a fire dom, etc and so on.

Agreed. This would at least be something. A No fx option would be ideal still, but I would settle for a recolor in Bright or Dark tones. Please make tjis happen. Doesn’t seem like it would be hard to implement.