[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for July 6th, 2024 - Issue 28: Legacy, Page 1 - Build 1

spacer.png

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'm delighted to see all the various bug fixes and geometry fixes. The big part of this for me are the new accolades. Mark and Recall looks AMAZINGLY awesome! (I'm still amazingly burned out on incarnate content.)

• Like 2

Well, this is a treat to come home to after work. A simple, no frills page with what is arguably the best content that's been added to CoH? On-top of having no unnecessary power changes and a strong support set?

I applaud. Cobalt did a great job on this patch, as did the rest of the designers - I hope momentum stays on producing good content like Labyrinth, because a few pages like this? Will really breathe new life into the game.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1

1 minute ago, BurtHutt said:

The Labyrinth sounds like a cool idea. I may have missed it but is there an end goal/boss in that whole thing? Or is it just strike out and adventure as you like?

Yep - Minotaur in the Fog

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

Just now, VertigoIguana said:

Yep - Minotaur in the Fog

Is he the end boss? Cuz it seems like he comes to get you. Anyway, I like the idea of all of this. It's a bit different and not the same old. Well done, HC team! It's too bad they didn't create new enemy groups to occupy it and make it totally unique but c'est la vie. Baby steps, baby!

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

It sure is wonderful being able to test out changes on the beta server without anyone having an aneurysm or threatening to leave the community because they can't understand the purpose of a testing environment. 

What a swell community! Whoo boy 😄 

What’s really strange is it looks like none of the stuff that was getting that kind of reaction from testers made it into this update. Weird, huh?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Microphone 5

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 7/5/2024 at 5:04 PM, The Curator said:

Issue 28: Legacy

Seeing as how Issue 26 - Homecoming and Issue 27 - Second Chances are pretty explanatory Issue titles, can anyone on the Homecoming team share the meaning behind this Issue title? If I may venture a guess, it's in reference to the license agreement with NC Interactive?

• Developer
5 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Seeing as how Issue 26 - Homecoming and Issue 27 - Second Chances are pretty explanatory Issue titles, can anyone on the Homecoming team share the meaning behind this Issue title? If I may venture a guess, it's in reference to the license agreement with NC Interactive?

There's a number of things that the name is alluding to- most obvious is the 20th Anniversary of the game, but many of which aren't arriving in Page 1... we've got quite a few things cooking for this Issue short and long-term, so stay tuned ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Microphone 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

I think we all know what Marine Affinity is in preparation for:

tumblr_f37afcc7b279f15c93888258ebb26d20_8baf5aeb_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

4 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

It's a Foundation

10 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Clearly it's referencing the upcoming crossover we've all been waiting for!

Legacy_America's_Finest_Foil_Front.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

Is he the end boss? Cuz it seems like he comes to get you. Anyway, I like the idea of all of this. It's a bit different and not the same old. Well done, HC team! It's too bad they didn't create new enemy groups to occupy it and make it totally unique but c'est la vie. Baby steps, baby!

Yeah, he definitely qualifies as the end boss.

He chases you around, but is seriously buffed (by level shifts) until you/the league works its way through to build up level shifts of your own and even the playing field somewhat.  The fight with him has some surprises of it's own too. 😉

• Thumbs Up 2

Excelsior

ExAstris - Arachnos Widow

Pulp Noir - Illusion/Psy Assault

Perspective - Illusion/TA

Madame Elena - Rad/Bio (Scrapper)

6 minutes ago, arcane said:

The complete lack of power changes and revamps is kind of disappointing.

The new powerset looks incredible though.

I am SO SICK AND TIRED of revamps over new stuff. Unless there's something really wrong, stop changing it all the time. Seriously. For builds, some take time and pour over making them the way we like - stop changing it for the sake of changing things. Sure, make a change if there are some issues or problems but otherwise....make it a low priority.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, BurtHutt said:

I am SO SICK AND TIRED of revamps over new stuff. Unless there's something really wrong, stop changing it all the time. Seriously. For builds, some take time and pour over making them the way we like - stop changing it for the sake of changing things. Sure, make a change if there are some issues or problems but otherwise....make it a low priority.

1) power changes and revamps are some of my favorite things about new pages. I know I’m not the only one.

2) power changes and revamps are sorely needed, still. Empathy? Kinetic Melee? Staff Fighting? Etc.

• Like 4