Literally cannot believe this

I never, ever thought I'd be back on the streets of Atlas Park. Was there for the protests when the servers were being shuttered; thought, 'welp, guess we had a good run'. 

This is amazing. i don't know how or why or WTF with this, but I am so glad someone cared enough and did the hard work necessary to bring back our City of Heroes. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 10
  • Microphone 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 3
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2

17 minutes ago, kevinrbrown said:

I never, ever thought I'd be back on the streets of Atlas Park. Was there for the protests when the servers were being shuttered; thought, 'welp, guess we had a good run'. 

This is amazing. i don't know how or why or WTF with this, but I am so glad someone cared enough and did the hard work necessary to bring back our City of Heroes. 

Welcome Home!  And Officially licensed too!   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

25 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Welcome Home!  And Officially licensed too!   

This.  The Homecoming team is creating new power sets, new content AND managed a licensing deal with NCSoft.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Welcome, Home!

The game is not static, so you'll likely want to read up on all the changes made since 2019.  Travel options are one of the big changes.  It's a lot easier to get around these days.  We've new zones, new power sets, new costume pieces, new mission givers, a new strike force on the red side, etc.   Lots to see and do.

Not certain what your play style is like but:

Excelsior currently has the largest crowd

Everlasting has the largest role-play crowd

Reunion is the European server

Indomitable and Torchbearer have fewer numbers, but that's what their people often prefer.

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Indomitable and [Reunion] have fewer numbers, but that's what their people often prefer.

But there's more XP on these shards - Double XP on Indomitable specifically!

• Like 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

2 hours ago, kevinrbrown said:

Welcome home. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Welcome, Home!

The game is not static, so you'll likely want to read up on all the changes made since 2019.  Travel options are one of the big changes.  It's a lot easier to get around these days.  We've a new zones, new power sets, new costume pieces, new mission givers, a new strike force on the red side, etc.   Lots to see and do.

Not certain what your play style is like but:

Everlasting has the largest role-play crowd

Reunion is the European server

Indomitable and Torchbearer have fewer numbers, but that's what their people often prefer.

I hit level 4 and was like, '...I am SO SURE you did not get to choose a travel power at level 4, even when the game was on its last legs.' XD 

UIX changes are amazing. 

I used to play exclusively on Virtue, so if you know you know, but frankly Double XP sounds great to me at this point in my life. 

Also will probably try out the previously unlockable classes because... well, why not? Never had the opportunity to try them before. Kept creating new characters before I ever hit the level cap. 😛 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kevinrbrown said:

I used to play exclusively on Virtue, so if you know you know, but frankly Double XP sounds great to me at this point in my life.

Note that in addition to the low population servers having double XP,  you can visit the S.T.A.R.T. vendors (formerly the P2W vendors) and under Temporary, choose boosts that for a trade-off in influence will grant x0.5, x1, or x2  XP.    There's a start vendor to the Atlas statue's right, and another in Pocket D.  There's one up on the ledge near the base portal in Mercy Island as well, if you're red side.  I don't recall where the gold side one is, but most players don't start with that side their first time or two, so it probably doesn't matter.

Depending on when and where you're online there are players with lots of spare cash (INF) who like to watch Atlas for new players and give them a cash boost.

Edited by Techwright

Just an FYI, I've enjoyed my character far more if I leveled them without using a 2x XP booster. I can't imagine using one for a set I have never played. 

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

Ohai new friend you bring teh donuts?

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Welcome Home.

Electric Affinity, Arsenal Control, Marine Affinity, Seismic Blast are all awesome new powersets.

Feel free to try them and enjoy them along with all the classics you remember.

On 8/11/2024 at 8:28 PM, Techwright said:

As Yogi Berra might have said, "No one plays on Excelsior any more; it's too crowded."   🙂

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

You say you played on Virtue? You'd probably feel at home on Everlasting, as that's where the RPers largely congregate.

Bring a lint roller, lotsa Catgirls.

Sooooo many Catgirls.
And a few Catboys.

• Like 1

Fools!  We Will Destroy You All!

Would You Like To Know More? [YES] [NO]

- Aeon University Online

Markus Magnum - Praetorian DP/MA Blaster