Inconsiderate team departures

37 minutes ago, BlackSpectre said:

My suggestion is to form a supergroup and recruit players who you enjoy playing with. 

Well, that's going to rule out... defenders and tankers with more than one attack, all dominators, masterminds, blasters, sentinels, scrappers, controllers, people who use IOs, people who play level 50 characters, people with Incarnated characters, people who play for less than 8-12 hours/day, people with character names over an unspecified limit, people who don't carry extra Awaken inspirations, people who don't zerg, people who do zerg, people who aren't where he/she thinks they should be...

• Haha 9
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Finland 1
  • Microphone 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Apogee said:

I think Snarky's last meal may have been drunk

I typo a lot.  The more centuries that pile on the less i care.  Unless i am doing calligraphy.  Then i burst into fits of rage and beat random strangers to desth … death…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Banjo 1

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

I typo a lot.  The more centuries that pile on the less i care.  Unless i am doing calligraphy.  Then i burst into fits of rage and beat random strangers to desth … death…

Understandable,. These must be "ahem" murder to type with...especially on mobile. 

tumblr_18e1c945a4756bdf49553d1e67e35415_47a50e97_500.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

We know a song about that boys and girls, don't we. Let's sing it now. Ready, one, two, three.

Snarkyscallouscalligraphicragemurdersareatrocious

• Haha 5

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

52 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

Understandable,. These must be "ahem" murder to type with...especially on mobile. 

tumblr_18e1c945a4756bdf49553d1e67e35415_47a50e97_500.jpg

And i am trying to learn this tongue twister.  So difficult with  fangs!

You don't need an 8-person team. I get mildly annoyed by leaders who wait around to fill a team because it can take forever and we could have done a mission or two in that timeframe. I log in to play, not stare at teammates who don't engage in discussion or banter (so many PUGs are so quiet). You adjust the difficulty and recruit as you go, as someone else mentioned. That being said, the annoyance passes if the leader is a good one I enjoy teaming with so…it varies.

I always try to stick it out to the end of a mission. I have quit mid-mission because of prior commitments and a mission runs alot longer than I figured; and generally apologize profusely to the team and the leader. Most people (except OP it seems?) realize that IRL trumps gaming, always.

The only time I usually see a bunch of people leave at once is for advertised activities like TFs, Hami, etc. or because it's dinner/lunch in a certain time zone. And most people who leave tell you why (at least on Torch). You should see the mass team-emptying for the daily HamiHamiHami runs on Torch; and good luck getting an 8-person radio or mission arc team during that time.

All that being said…I have mid-mission quit teams who had crummy leaders, or other players whose behavor was just driving me up the wall. It's one of the reasons I have stopped doing TFs and iTrials because, as mentioned, it's bad form to quit a TF but I don't always feel compelled to stay if the team is irritating/stressful. So I don't join most TFs because of too many bad experiences and not wanting to be that player who bails mid-TF.

PUGs are PUGs. As a leader or a joiner, you just roll with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

Thank goodness I'm no longer random.

Is that a lower case "g" or a lower case "q"?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ZemX said:

No more than one player should leave at once unless it is an emergency. 

Edit: Damnit I fell for a Diantane or whatever his name is, post. 

Taking a note from Glacier:

[Insert snarky response here.]

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Maybe I’m wrong, but why do I suddenly have the feeling that Diante and the guy with condescending names I always see recruiting in Excelsior are one in the same?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but why do I suddenly have the feeling that Diante and the guy with condescending names I always see recruiting in Excelsior are one in the same?

Mydinkybigudinkytiny and Diante are the same guy?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I doubt it.  The one you're talking about is, surprisingly, a much bigger control freak.  And that doesn't mesh well with PuGs.  If you're gonna sign up to PuG, you need to be chill when shit goes sideways... because it inevitably will.  They can't seem to deal with people not following them and doing exactly as they want in a mission.   And while I do believe in the "your team, your rules" rule, the flipside of that is people can choose NOT to team with a petty dictator.

By contrast, the few teams of Diantane's I've joined have been pretty typical for PuGs.  Or I've just gotten lucky. I dunno.  But I don't have them on global ignore like the other one.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

the guy with condescending names I always see recruiting in Excelsior are one in the same?

Reading Matters because Heroes Dont Sit so why don't you Hold My Hand Bestie while I . . .  BLOCK!  . . . Reminds me of Lon Solomon, this church dude here in the DC Metro who has advertised for decades on WJFK and WTOP with his "Not a Sermon, just a thought" commercials, which are sermons, just short ones.  Good on him, I just mute him as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

On 8/21/2024 at 6:47 PM, Diantane said:

I've been on COH Homecoming since shortly after it started, Really enjoy playing this mmo, but if the population keeps dropping and these team occurrences keep happening, I'm going to have to seek my "fun" elsewhere.

Can I have your stuff?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

On 8/21/2024 at 12:47 PM, Diantane said:

I've been hosting teams for several years. Within the past year, the population of the Excelsior server has dropped significantly. This makes it much harder to put teams of 6 to 8 players together. Most times it takes up to 10 minutes to get a full team. Before 6pm EST on weekdays, its sometimes impossible to find more than 1 or 2 players (have to log for another hour or two before enough players come online).

So when I have a full team of 7-8 players doing +3 arc missions, it is very inconsiderate of 3 players or more to leave all at once (sometimes during the mission). The rest of the team has to wait several minutes most times to get the team filled again. No more than one player should leave at once unless it is an emergency.  A very few players are considerate enough will let me know when they will have to leave which allows me to start recruiting before that time. Keeping the team full allows all players a great enjoyment of the game.

I've been on COH Homecoming since shortly after it started, Really enjoy playing this mmo, but if the population keeps dropping and these team occurrences keep happening, I'm going to have to seek my "fun" elsewhere.

You're a leading a team playing a video game, not other people's drill sergeant, parent or boss. 

• Like 4
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

It's been 48 hours, and apparently, we're going to have to finish this without @Diantane.  And not even a "Gotta go, sorry", or "Something came up", or even "Later, SUCKERS!".

Don't you just hate that.

• Haha 5
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 3
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

2 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

You should start an "Inconsiderate Forum Departures" thread.

I can't.  I don't team, so I can't apply the appropriate double standard to drive it home.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Luminara said:

It's been 48 hours, and apparently, we're going to have to finish this without @Diantane.  And not even a "Gotta go, sorry", or "Something came up", or even "Later, SUCKERS!".

So inconsiderate...

If this keeps up I am going to leave the forums and find my fun elsewhere

Edited by Apogee
added more snark(y)
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Luminara said:

On 8/21/2024 at 10:47 AM, Diantane said:

I'm going to have to seek my "fun" elsewhere.

porky-pig.gif

17 hours ago, Luminara said:

Elvis has left the building

Man the GIF density is pretty high in this thread 🙂

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

On 8/22/2024 at 11:24 AM, Ghost said:

I know better than to actually type this out - but I think you're referring to the player with names about being able to read, or having patience, etc.  I've teamed with both, and they could very well be the same player. A lot of similarities between the two, but I can't prove anything. 

I actually have both of those globals on gignore - not because they've ever done anything rude to me, I just found teaming with them to be miserable. One guy is in his base for half the mission and then fusses at the team because they didn't clear the path for them. And they insist you let them run into the herd before you start attacking. As if I need a tank to protect me? pfft. Not in the Hollows, lol. The other tries to sell the team on an ambush when there is no ambush. They try to stand on their years of playing and they know the game, when they only know half of it. 

On the other hand, I don't think they can be the same, because I see the rude named one running content over level 30. Never see it with the other. (But I've had them both on ignore for about a year, so who knows) 

• Like 1