Any badges for not dying?

YARN | "Death is only the beginning?" | The Mummy (1999) Adventure | Video  clips by quotes | 10d6d839 | 紗

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

life means nothing. 

200.webp

• Like 1

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

2 hours ago, MikeSol said:

Is there a badge in this game for not dying by the time you reach a certain level?

You bring back one of my earliest memories of this MMO.  It was my first MMO, and I initially played it like I would play an arcade game back in my 1980s arcade rat days:  3 lives and my quarter are precious. Play it very, very safe, and I'll make it to that goal level.  I didn't understand until later, that embracing the knock-out unleashed me to truly enjoy the game.  I could take risks and learn from them.

Is there a badge in this game for not dying by the time you reach a certain level?

Reasoning behind that is that all badges can be gotten  (Some names are unique for different factions) even if passed.

Adding a badge that can only be done by new characters, would cause a bunch of badgers to revolt.

• Thumbs Up 6

12 minutes ago, lemming said:

Reasoning behind that is that all badges can be gotten  (Some names are unique for different factions) even if passed.

Adding a badge that can only be done by new characters, would cause a bunch of badgers to revolt.

As Lemming said.

Additionally, it would be too easy to get for new players as well... while maybe you might like the challenge of grinding through content unscathed (like many of us), that lazy person next to you is door-sitting on a 2-3 hour farm and getting the badge while AFK.   😕 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, lemming said:

Lemming things badgers are revolting, noted...  😉  (I'm actually surprised this wasn't mentioned earlier, though. Even by me...)

• Thumbs Up 1

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

Though I guess I should mention there are badges for not dying during certain tasks.

Most of the them are for various Master of X badges during task forces and trials.  Though there's the one for the Keyes Trial that only pertains to one part of the trial.

• Thumbs Up 1

when you think about it, death and debt badges -are- badges for being alive. you have to be alive many times in order to earn them

like what, i’m going to be impressed that you’ve only been alive once like some sort of feudal peasant? 

i’ve been alive hundreds of times. now that’s impressive

• Like 1

Other than the badgers revolting for a badge that's impossible to attain (and/or keep), it would create a problem in gameplay especially on teams where people were vastly underperforming to play it safe and running when their health was low even if they were about to defeat an enemy or get healed. It would cause friction amongst players in any team/league with someone who wanted to retain theirs. A... painful experience... to stay the least.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

that smart person next to you is door-sitting on a 2-3 hour farm and getting the badge while AFK.   😕 

Fixed it for ya 😛

But to be honest how would this be measured? 

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

4 hours ago, MikeSol said:

Thank you for the responses. I asked because the last MMO I played did have rewards for not dying by level 20.

You can get to level 20 in 20 minutes here, if you ask for a spot on a farm, or a few hours of easy mode solo.  It's about as deserving of a reward as not soiling yourself for the same period of time is.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

9 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

when you think about it, death and debt badges -are- badges for being alive. you have to be alive many times in order to earn them

True.  On the surface it seems contradictory the badge called "deathless" is obtained by "dying" a lot, but of course nobody actually dies in this game.  Not the players anyway.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seed22 said:

Fixed it for ya 😛

But to be honest how would this be measured? 

Perhaps a combo of not dying while accumulating a certain threshold of damage taken (to rule out playing timid or door sitting etc.).  Wouldn't keep someone playing vary careful but their hours played would be presumably well above average.  *shrug*

10 hours ago, MikeSol said:

Thank you for the responses. I asked because the last MMO I played did have rewards for not dying by level 20.

I'm guessing that's Lord of the Rings Online. 🙂 

I'm currently playing that again, since I've been wanting to get back into a fantasy MMO. 

1 hour ago, WumpusRat said:

I'm guessing that's Lord of the Rings Online. 🙂 

I'm currently playing that again, since I've been wanting to get back into a fantasy MMO. 

Correct.

I was going to guess lotro as well, but somebody beat me to it. Grrrrr. 

On the other hand, penalizing characters for doing anything difficult or risky doesn’t seem like something you’d want to do as part of a superhero game. IMO. 

Maybe if there were an Iron Man setting or something? Where you have the badge while you’re alive and then you get deleted when defeated? Doesn’t seem worth the effort…