Has anyone actually taken Boxing/Kick/Cross Punch?

Vanden

Oh yes I have taken all three on at least 3 different builds, all very useful. 

1. Kinetic Defender: to make the fabled Melee/Kin.  Fully slotted up Cross Punch does a few hundred points of damage and knocks down well.

2. Ninja/Kin Mastermind: Ninja's die a lot right?  I find they die a lot less if you jump in punching and provoking.

3. Energy/Bio Sentinal: So Bio adds damage, and Offensive opp adds damage.  I find this build was outdamaging my Super Strength Brute in most combat situations, very satisfying actually. 

I tried it on a few controllers to take advantage of containment and that does work but on all of those builds I found other paths.  Still for the correct build or to build outside of the box these powers are great!

I took all three on my Fire/Thermal Controller to help with soloing while leveling up, and it’s... actually kind of awesome? He’s no Scrapper, to be sure, but I can definitely get the ol’ Scrapperlock.

I have no controllers, but I have Boxing & Cross Punch on 2 of my brutes. I noticed after i got Cross Punch that using boxing would cause mobs to become "fatigued" but I have no real idea what impact that really has on mobs, does it cause -recharge?

I took all three on my Fire/Thermal Controller to help with soloing while leveling up, and it’s... actually kind of awesome? He’s no Scrapper, to be sure, but I can definitely get the ol’ Scrapperlock.

I have no controllers, but I have Boxing & Cross Punch on 2 of my brutes. I noticed after i got Cross Punch that using boxing would cause mobs to become "fatigued" but I have no real idea what impact that really has on mobs, does it cause -recharge?

The fatigued drains some endurance and lowers recovery slightly.

The fatigued drains some endurance and lowers recovery slightly.

Thanks!

I love the series of batman spoofs especially the Bane & Riddler ones

Inv/ss tank...

Took all 3 and tough. No slots in kick or boxing, crosspunch is the bomb-diggity. 6 slot, io set it and crosspunch>jab or punch, equal to haymaker. Also, looks super-sweet.

Thank you, fighting pool.

2. Ninja/Kin Mastermind: Ninja's die a lot right?  I find they die a lot less if you jump in punching and provoking.

This sounds awesome and might actually provoke (no pun intended) me to try out my first Mastermind.  A Scrappermind.

(I'm new here but this must be a thing?) 

I recall testing some of the pool attacks on Justin and rolled a Level 35 MM, slotting all the attacks I took with 4 even level SO's (1 ACC, 3 DMG) and Cross Punch was second to Arcane Bolt in damage by just a little bit and ahead of the MM's (Beast) attacks. Of course, Arcane Bolt is single target only and has a longish cast time so between the two, I think I'd choose Cross Punch if I was making a build that required me to be in melee range a lot.

I'm not sure why people are reporting such great results... I compared punch and kick to some scrapper primaries and, iirc, found they're basically tier 1s with heavier endurance costs. I can't imagine it would be better on ATs with a lower melee multiplier.

But I wonder - am I the only person who would be a whole lot happier if they increased the cooldown of these (especially Kick) and upped damage to match?

Basically, I feel like Punch should be there for people who need an attack that's always up, and Kick should target people who have only an occasional hole to fill in their attack chain.

I'm not sure why people are reporting such great results...

This is what people are talking about.

Fighting Synergy boosts the three attacks in the Fighting power pool - Boxing, Kick, and Cross Punch - if a character selects more than one of the attacks. Taking all three attacks stacks their effects.

Kick grants Boxing 15% more damage and 35% chance of mag 3 stun (instead of 10% chance of mag 2).

Boxing grants Kick 15% more damage and 40% chance of mag .67 knockdown (instead of 15% chance).

Cross Punch grants Boxing 15% more damage, drains the target of 2% endurance, and debuffs their recovery by 5%.

Cross Punch grants Kick 15% more damage, drains the target of 3% endurance, and debuffs their recovery by 5%.

Cross Punch gains 15% more damage and a 5% recharge and 5% tohit buff from both Boxing and Kick.

Fighting Synergy also boosts the effectiveness of Brawl. The debuffs all have a 10% chance of occurrence.

Brawl gains 10% tohit and 10% recharge rate debuffs from both Boxing and Kick.

Cross Punch grants Brawl 10% regeneration and 10% recovery debuffs.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Fighting

Now if your Melee, I'm not sure how much value this adds, but if your one of the non-melee ATs, say a Corrupter, but you want to play in Melee then I can see how valuable they can be. This new Fighting Pool definitely beats the old one.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why people are reporting such great results... I compared punch and kick to some scrapper primaries and, iirc, found they're basically tier 1s with heavier endurance costs. I can't imagine it would be better on ATs with a lower melee multiplier.

But I wonder - am I the only person who would be a whole lot happier if they increased the cooldown of these (especially Kick) and upped damage to match?

Basically, I feel like Punch should be there for people who need an attack that's always up, and Kick should target people who have only an occasional hole to fill in their attack chain.

By taking all three, 6 slotting crosspunch and putting an io set in it, your tank now has an attack that is superior to the set tier 1 and 2. Plus, it looks and sounds superfab.

My SS tank uses: air sup, crosspunch, haymaker, ko blow and stomp, and it's damn good, no rage needed. By skipping tier 1 and 2, and picking up air sup and cross, the set is awesome.

Kick and boxing are taken to buff crosspunch, in my case and the results are stellar.

I am going to try out a build with all of the Fighting Pool attacks and Brawl, I just haven’t yet decided on powersets.

The problem with Brawl is it's really the weakest. On a level 35 MM I tested, 4 slotted (1ACC 3Dmg SOs) Boxing and Kick were 5.42 and 5.96 times the strength of unslotted brawl against an even level Crey Infiltrator. Cross Punch was 9.02 times better than unslotted Brawl.

I am going to try out a build with all of the Fighting Pool attacks and Brawl, I just haven’t yet decided on powersets.

The problem with Brawl is it's really the weakest. On a level 35 MM I tested, 4 slotted (1ACC 3Dmg SOs) Boxing and Kick were 5.42 and 5.96 times the strength of unslotted brawl against an even level Crey Infiltrator. Cross Punch was 9.02 times better than unslotted Brawl.

Shouldn't slotted attacks be better than unslotted ones?

How do they compare to slotted brawl?

• Thanks 1

Slotted Brawl would be almost 2x its base damage, so you can approximately halve those numbers. In other words, since Box/Kick recharge so fast, you can use them and do about 2.5 - 3x as much damage as slotted Brawl... so the only reason to slot Brawl is to have 4 slots for Kinetic Combat if you're going for S/L defense.

• Thanks 1

I just wish they's give us different animation options especially for kick like the following.

Brawl - Open Hand Slap

Boxing - Back Hand Slap

Kick - Shin Breaker or the knee attack from StJ

Yes, but with Enhancement Diversification we already know that we can only just about double the damage on Brawl if we slotted it. I wanted to create a list of several attack powers and have a handy comparison, so I used unslotted Brawl as the baseline. What I didn't do, now that I think of it, was factor in recharge time for a good DPS figure. That tends to complicate things because past the 4 slots for ACC and DMG, you start having to be picky on what you're going to spend on recharge reductions and where you're going to spend it.