Show me your Corruptor tier list!

Some Random User

Here are some of my experiences of combos I've tried, 90% of the content I've played is on farming maps, so YMMV.

Top Tier

Fire/Storm/Dark - This is probably my favorite character that I have built.   Constant AOE damage & multiple sources of knockdown.  Both LS & Tornado can take a buildup proc, AND + recharge.   With their long cool downs, both procs will fire off almost every time you cast either spell, which is about every 20 seconds.  Since you also have aim, this gives you three sources of a build up proc.   I slot Soul Drain with atleast the -res from Gladiator and sometimes Avalanches knockdown.   It is endurance heavy in the beginning, but that goes away with the right slotting and incarnates.  I haven't found much more satisfying in the game than obliterating spawn groups ( with the elite bosses ) in the fire outdoor map by Briggs. When scourge procs on inferno it is game over, when scourge procs on snipe - which is always insta on this build - it is also game over.   Blaze is just a love tap compared to a scourged snipe from a fire corruptor.  The only thing stopping this character is a lack of a heal, so I usually have to run with med pack, and if I fly too close to enemies that aren't bouncing up and down - then it's faceplant.

Dark/Storm/Dark - I built this character while chasing after the Proc Monster hype, determined to make a corruptor a viable farmer.   However, I'm learning that there is no combination of procs that can compete with fire's damage on a corruptor, as I was warned by others, lol.   It just isn't going to happen.  Still, this character - more so than the Corruptors I've built - can clear a fire map the most effortlessly.  The sound and visual effects are really cool, and your screen will be filled with damage numbers... ah the dopamine rush.   It has everything that fire doesn't.   I'm still experimenting here.

Second Tier

Water/Time/Dark - I haven't played this character post-ppm, but previously it was able to do more damage than its counterpart water/time Blaster.   This powerset combo allows you a ton of flexibility in slotting due to being able to use farsight for defense and chronoshift for its +50% recharge.   Between Chronoshift & +recharge procs - that can be kept up almost indefinitely - this powerset has a ton of recharge and can cycle through its powers very easily.   Before PPM changes, when it was easier to use debuff procs in aoe powers, the toon was a monster farmer and whirlpool did nuts damage.  

UGH

Ice/Time/Dark - Snooze.  I had hoped that all the recharge available would make blizzard + burnout a lot more effective, but it just doesn't work for my playstyle.   Unfortunately, you will spend most of your time waiting for powers to recharge still, and spamming temporal healing to stay alive.  So your DPS might be awesome for a few seconds, but then its gone.

Edited by natewest1987
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My absolute favorite is fire/kin, at 50 you have capped damage (on fire this really really shines), softcapped def to s/l/e or ranged, and repel to knock down mobs and give you some FF recharge. It's expensive, but man it is so much fun to just run up to mobs in melee range and scrap it out at the dmg cap. 

Fire/time/dark is also a strong contender for the top spot though. The amount of defense you provide to yourself and a party with clarion radial+farsight is incredibly good and then you can get perma souldrain buffing those sweet fire powers.

In general I'd say top primaries are fire, ice, and sonic (sonic is better on a defender however as you are focusing more on the -res than your own higher base dmg), with DP and AR being at or close to top tier if you are focusing on a proc build. In general though, proc builds are easier to make on defenders as they have higher modifiers allowing you to proc attacks out without losing defenses/resists elsewhere. 

For secondaries, I'd say kinetics, time, storm, cold, and sonic are all top tier. Nature and rad are quite good, but at the end game they are outshone by other sets imo.

For all of this I am speaking only for pve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So... update...

Top Tier Monster Farmer...

Water / Storm / Dark.   So far I am at 5 min clear on 4/8 with bosses farm map and that was only my third runthrough.   If I got cheap and popped out lore pets and worked on rotation, etc. I think it could go lower

Edited by natewest1987
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, natewest1987 said:

So... update...

Top Tier Monster Farmer...

Water / Storm / Dark.   So far I am at 5 min clear on 4/8 with bosses farm map and that was only my third runthrough.   If I got cheap and popped out lore pets and worked on rotation, etc. I think it could go lower

Oh you have peaked my interest in this.  

47 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Oh you have peaked my interest in this.  

Cool!   I'll post the build below.

Few Notes:

- It's still in progress, I've only been playing with it for a couple hours.  Please critique if you know of anything better to do than what I did.

- Designed based on lvl 50 respec, so I didn't care what order the powers are taken and slotted in

- Rotation could be improved, as I'm probably procs by being too far over the damage cap when you factor in reds.   There are three Build Up Procs + Tidal Forces + Souldrain in this build.   Usually hit Freezing Rain - Soul Drain - Incarnate Ion - Lightning Storm - Whirlpool - Steam Spray - Water Jet - Waterburst - Tidal Forces - Geyser - Repeat...   I usually reserve Tornado for if I've got a solid chunk of them and they are not moving anytime soon, as I hate how it breaks the spawn up from everyone running. 

- It does have a low base recharge, so it does take a sec to get up and running.   If you can juggle your procs then you can have the +recharge proc almost indefinitely, and with haste / ageless / spiritual, you're probably at the cap.

Enjoy.

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Water Blast
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Hydro Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3)
Level 1: Gale -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 2: Water Burst -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(3), FrcFdb-Rechg%(5), JvlVll-Dam%(5), PstBls-Dam%(7), Ann-ResDeb%(7)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(13)
Level 8: Steam Spray -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(29)
Level 10: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 12: Dehydrate -- TchofLadG-%Dam(A), Prv-Heal(15), TchoftheN-%Dam(15), AchHee-ResDeb%(17), GldJvl-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Ags-ResDam(25), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(25), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 16: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Water Jet -- Apc-Dmg(A), Dmg-I(19), ImpSwf-Dam%(19), EntChs-Heal%(21), GldJvl-Dam%(21), Apc-Dam%(23)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(36), Ags-ResDam(36), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(34), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(50), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 26: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 28: Freezing Rain -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(34)
Level 30: Geyser -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Dmg-I(37), PstBls-Dam%(37), JvlVll-Dam%(37), Ann-ResDeb%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 32: Tornado -- BldMnd-Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(39), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SlbAll-Build%(40), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), Dcm-Build%(43), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(43)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29), FuroftheG-Dam/Rech(46), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Spiritual Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
------------

Edited by natewest1987
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, natewest1987 said:

Few Notes:

- It's still in progress, I've only been playing with it for a couple hours.  Please critique if you know of anything better to do than what I did.

- Designed based on lvl 50 respec, so I didn't care what order the powers are taken and slotted in

- Rotation could be improved, as I'm probably procs by being too far over the damage cap when you factor in reds.   There are three Build Up Procs + Tidal Forces + Souldrain in this build.   Usually hit Freezing Rain - Soul Drain - Incarnate Ion - Lightning Storm - Whirlpool - Steam Spray - Water Jet - Waterburst - Tidal Forces - Geyser - Repeat...   I usually reserve Tornado for if I've got a solid chunk of them and they are not moving anytime soon, as I hate how it breaks the spawn up from everyone running. 

- It does have a low base recharge, so it does take a sec to get up and running.   If you can juggle your procs then you can have the +recharge proc almost indefinitely, and with haste / ageless / spiritual, you're probably at the cap.

Enjoy.

Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Villain Profile:
Level 2: Water Burst -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(3), FrcFdb-Rechg%(5), JvlVll-Dam%(5), PstBls-Dam%(7), Ann-ResDeb%(7)
Level 6: Whirlpool -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(13)
Level 8: Steam Spray -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(29)
Level 12: Dehydrate -- TchofLadG-%Dam(A), Prv-Heal(15), TchoftheN-%Dam(15), AchHee-ResDeb%(17), GldJvl-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Ags-ResDam(25), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(25), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 18: Water Jet -- Apc-Dmg(A), Dmg-I(19), ImpSwf-Dam%(19), EntChs-Heal%(21), GldJvl-Dam%(21), Apc-Dam%(23)
Level 22: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(36), Ags-ResDam(36), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(34), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(50), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 28: Freezing Rain -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(34)
Level 30: Geyser -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Dmg-I(37), PstBls-Dam%(37), JvlVll-Dam%(37), Ann-ResDeb%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39)
Level 32: Tornado -- BldMnd-Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(39), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SlbAll-Build%(40), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), Dcm-Build%(43), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(43)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29), FuroftheG-Dam/Rech(46), Arm-Dam%(46)
------------

Thanks for providing this!   

• Like 1

I've got a Rad/Dark/Power that's a lot of fun. Lot's of team utility, lot's of AoE. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

This is a tough question to answer for Corruptors due to the way we think about what is 'best'. For most classes, its a somewhat fuzzy combination of defensive sustainability and offensive output.

However, almost any 'tier one' Corruptor build on those merits is actually inferior to the Defender version of the same (or similar) build. The across-the-board numerical superiority of Defenders on everything except pure nukes means that they have more flexible slotting/incarnate options that pushes them over the top vs. the relatively small differences in base damage and Scourge on the Blast set.

As a result, a tier list ignoring the existence of Defenders would look remarkably similar to the Defender list. A tier list including Defenders effectively chops off the top - because tier one sets work better for Defenders than Corruptors - and you're left with some special cases and tier two or lower choices.

For Blast sets, what makes a good 'Corruptor set' tends to be two factors:

• Poor first attack. If the second attack in the set is significantly better than the first, it's often preferable to play it as a Corruptor.
  • Rains. Corruptors get an unusual benefit from Scourge in conjunction with Rain-style effects.

I'd call Archery, Dark, Fire, Ice and Psychic 'Corruptor sets' on this basis. Of those, I'd probably rank Dark and Psychic a step below the others.

For Support sets, you run afoul of two problems.

The first is that Defenders are simply better at support than Corruptors - and when that support involves increasing damage, that means they eat into (and often eliminate) the superior base damage/Scourge Corruptors enjoy. The second is that support takes time away from attacking - and the more time it takes, the less of an impact that damage/Scourge becomes.

There are some sets that work particularly well as Corruptors:

• Cold Domination. The primary virtues of this set are Steamy Mist (weaker for Corruptors, but still grants a decent bonus), Sleet (no difference between Defender/Corruptor), and Benumb (no difference in terms of the key -regen component). While being forced to take the underwhelming Infrigidate can be an issue, Defenders are forced to take either the underwhelming Infrigidate or the underwhelming Snow Storm anyway.
  • Dark Miasma. You've got a stealth power, a -resist debuff that's the same between Defender and Corruptor, a heal that's fine either way and a bunch of control powers that work essentially the same for either one. The problem here is that if you're interested in playing */Dark, Dark Affinity for Controllers is a significantly better choice.
  • Kinetics. Getting sufficient defenses for a */Kinetics Corruptor is problematic - Scorpion Shield is almost always the route taken - but Corruptors have a higher +damage cap, so they tend to gain more advantage from Fulcrum Shift (despite the smaller numbers).
  • Traps. I'm loathe to add this to tier lists because it's so wildly out-of-step with the rest of the game, making it nearly impossible to use well in a group setting. However, many of its powers are the same regardless of whether the set is primary or secondary.

With that in mind, you also have to consider that almost any 'Corruptor set' is also one that tends to benefit Controllers/Masterminds for similar reasons. So you're left with a choice between group-friendly (Corruptors) and solo-friendly (Controllers/Masterminds).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

For me it'll be Traps my issue is that the bombs are overall useless. Easily the best thing about it is the Acid Mortar you can get enough recharge that having two out is pretty easy. The poison trap and shield generator are solid. The last two skills take too long to be useful which sucks yet what sucks even worse they do horrible damage for all that setup. Everything else about it is subjective. Triage beacon with Miracle slotted give you some recovery, Caltrops are never not bad yet if good groups or higher levels you're wasting time since they're blasting.  Seeker Drones are janky I want them to be some sneaky stun yet how they both run into the same target and even with accuracy nothing happen it's easily skipped. I just wish now we can get a Toxic Web Grenade like Devices since I honestly forget it even exists even if it's solid tool for keeping runners in the same room. Since what I noticed with Traps that even AV will "nope" out of the room if they're caught with both the poison trap and an few pops from the acid mortar sometimes running quite far into to the area. I like Traps in spite of its serious jank at times since it's completely a support set. I prefer to pair it with Dual Pistols.

• 1 month later
18 hours ago, thevernshow said:

Mind sharing your build? I'm trying to find curroptor build to try out

I am using Auroxis build. Click

I can really recommend his builds as they are very well thought out. This build also works very well while leveling with just common IOs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later
On 8/21/2019 at 10:03 PM, natewest1987 said:

Few Notes:

Enjoy.

Level 50 Magic Corruptor

Villain Profile:
------------

I managed to grab this build, tweak it a bit to my own playstyle and have a corruptor that can do energy farms +4 x8 (with some difficulty, its no true farmer) but I am quite pleased with it to be honest. What an awesome combo for corruptors, totally in love with this little guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

---------------------------------------

From Venezuela with Love!

The only Corruptor I run is a I e/Cold I use for SG incarnate activities.  This is my “main” for incarnate work.  It is insanely overpowered right out of the box due to the debuffs and DoT rains working with Scourge.  Add in a ton of slows for giggles 

• Thumbs Up 1

It is hard to go wrong with Ice/, Fire/, or Archery/. I do like Radiation/ and Energy/.

/Dark and /Kin are my favs.

My favorite combo:Radiation/Dark Pairing Rads -def with /Dark works and has such nice synergy. It is not the top DPS but it is fun and sturdy.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

The only Corruptor I run is a I e/Cold I use for SG incarnate activities.  This is my “main” for incarnate work.  It is insanely overpowered right out of the box due to the debuffs and DoT rains working with Scourge.  Add in a ton of slows for giggles 

+1 to this. /Cold is outstanding for late game content. I have a Water/Cold Corruptor myself, and the guy is tough. Love Sleet + Whirlpool with Scourge ticking.

• Thumbs Up 1

I consider Kinetics and Cold Domination to be the S tier corruptor sets. Basically every other corruptor secondary I would rather play as a defender because of the buff/debuff mods and/or better modifiers on power pool/ancillary shield numbers. The current damage proc centric metagame reduces the dps gap between the two archetypes so much that the value in stronger buff modifiers of defenders weighs in heavier. 

Currently on fire.

8 hours ago, Troo said:

It is hard to go wrong with Ice/, Fire/, or Archery/. I do like Radiation/ and Energy/.

/Dark and /Kin are my favs.

My favorite combo:Radiation/Dark Pairing Rads -def with /Dark works and has such nice synergy. It is not the top DPS but it is fun and sturdy.

Care to share? Right now on a quest to level another corruptor as I just simply love them ... they bring a bit of everything I like about characters in this game: damage, survival, aoe, team, solo and ranged attacks.

If you could point out to your build would love to copy it right away 😄

• Like 1

From Venezuela with Love!