That time I became a Rikti Monkey

Skyhawke

So, I have the Secondary Mutation power from the p2w vendor and as I was flying through Steel Canyon, it recharged and I hit it...and turned into a Rikti Monkey.  Full on, everything turned off, falling to the ground, all I can do is slap and fart...Rikti Monkey.  It only lasted about a minute, but it was the first time I can ever remember this happening. I grabbed a screenshot because it was just too bizarre. 

Vj6vRNL.jpg

• Haha 5

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

I seem to recall hearing it was a 2% chance to get the monkey... personally either I'm really unlucky or it's higher than that.  I've gotten it probably a dozen times on Homecoming including twice while I was in combat.  Those two times did not end well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Only got it twice - once involved me running, Rikti Tail beneath my legs for the mission exit as fast as I could, and the second time was when I was telling my 9 yr old about it being a possible power, and poof, to his amazement I did.  He was sad it only lasted a minute instead of the full 20.  Anything that farts is super heroic to him

• Haha 3

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

It seems to happen to me about 5% of the time.  I have it set to auto fire on some of my characters, so that I'm always buffed.  Once it happened while I was in RWZ in a Rikti cave surrounded by Rikti.  They were not fooled. 😒

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Haha 6

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

20 minutes ago, Chuckers said:

That's why I always chant "notamonkey, notamonkey, notamonkey" when I activate the power... it seems to work 98% of the time. 

You posted this last time there was a thread on this, and it got me to start doing the same thing!😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

48 minutes ago, Chuckers said:

That's why I always chant "notamonkey, notamonkey, notamonkey" when I activate the power... it seems to work 98% of the time. 

Wonder if it was you I teamed with. Someone said this same thing when it happened to me in an office map. I was a Tank and all I could do was fart. Not good.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MrAxe said:

Wonder if it was you I teamed with. Someone said this same thing when it happened to me in an office map. I was a Tank and all I could do was fart. Not good.

No, I only say it while on Discord and I haven't teamed using Discord with anyone who doesn't know me 🙂

At least you'll know how important you are to your team when it happens.  If they all suddenly die or are barely surviving, you know they need you, on the other hand it's kind of disheartening when no one notices you're 'gone'.   It always seems to happen at the worst times for me, never when I'm just traveling through a lower level zone. 

I once got monkeyfied twice right in a row...
*LANGUAGE!*

I STILL think the Team Transport needs a similar "fail" mode.
Everyone transports.
The screen goes black.
"Hey..."
"What?"
"Who's flying?"
"..."
"AUUUUUUUUUGH!"

And everyone gets ejected from the mission door, a-la Wormhole.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Unfortunately, when I get transmogrified into a monkey, I seem to only have time to fart once before I return to normal. I think the recharge on that power needs to be shortened ALOT! If I am going to be able to fart in the game, I want to produce gaseous clouds ALL OVER THE PLACE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happened to me the FIRST time I ever used it. I walked away with the impression that it changed you into a random minion. I was a bit disappointed to find out that most of the time it was just a minor buff... I was hoping to explore all of the different powers that became available in many different forms 😄

And then later I learned not to use it near mobs when depending on a Stealth power or IO, because... that fart doesn't recharge fast enough to keep angry mobs away from you. Apparently, no one likes a random Rikti Monkey wandering around their lairs. I guess they're worse than cockroaches for property values.

Yeah, I was waaaaaay up in the air, flying to Posi when I clicked it.  I just sat there dumbfounded for a moment and then took that screenie in between fits of laughter. Sooooo glad that didn't happen in a mission or something where enemies would agro on me.  The woman that photobombed me didn't seem too impressed either.

Edited by Skyhawke

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Bwahaha! It happens, and that's the fun of it.  I have this on my beast mm, and I love it when I turn into a monkey (of course, I don't hit it mid-fight or .  . . um, mid-air ).  Sadly, I've only rolled the monkey twice (and this is after zillions of times using the power).

Edited by Tahliah

1 hour ago, Six Six said:

Good Lord! Now I want to get Second Mutation. I've been missing out by just getting Inspiration.

makemeamonkey... makemeamonkey... makemeamonkey... XD

Oh sure, you say that now.  Wait until you're flying a mile high above Independence Port and click "Secondary Mutation," only to become a Rikti monkey and plummet into the ocean. :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Oh sure, you say that now.  Wait until you're flying a mile high above Independence Port and click "Secondary Mutation," only to become a Rikti monkey and plummet into the ocean. 😄

At least you can't die from a fall with full health... like you could early in the game.