Auto-grant "Entrusted with the Secret" badge on the beta server

Rylas

Title says it all. It's one of the fastest ways to get around, and gives fast access to a lot of good content for testing.

Unless there's a fast way to grab the Ouro portal that I'm just unaware of, then please inform me.

Edited by Rylas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

While that's true that if you're 40-50 you can easily go into RV to get an explore... that doesn't help if someone is, for whatever reason, testing a character below level 50. 

Always testing at max level can sometimes allow bugs to go through which you'll only see on low level characters. Depending on what is being looked at it can sometimes be important to check low-level content or test low-level characters who are sidekicked up to higher levels (instead of being naturally high level). 

Since the server already grants various accolades automatically for testing purposes, I don't see why it can't automatically give this as well.

I just cheated it on Reunion by making a base with a portal to Echo: Galaxy City at level 2, and using the tram to get to Ouroboros. There's no minlevel to get in coming from the echo. You still need to be trained to level 14 to use the portal, though.

Edited by siolfir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, siolfir said:

I just cheated it on Reunion by making a base with a portal to Echo: Galaxy City at level 2, and using the tram to get to Ouroboros. There's no minlevel to get in coming from the echo. You still need to be trained to level 14 to use the portal, though.

Useful for new toons on the live servers, which I'll be keeping in mind, thanks. But for test, it's a little tedious to build a base for temp toons and make a second account to self invite. 

• Like 2

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

20 hours ago, Rylas said:

Useful for new toons on the live servers, which I'll be keeping in mind, thanks. But for test, it's a little tedious to build a base for temp toons and make a second account to self invite. 

/altinvite - no need for a second account.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/21/2019 at 10:13 PM, Rylas said:

I am surprised that you missed both the echo and invite tricks on live, Rylas. 😁

Making the base and prepping for this was the first thing that I did once I stepped away from Miss Liberty.😂

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

6 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

I am surprised that you missed both the echo and invite tricks on live, Rylas. 😁

Making the base and prepping for this was the first thing that I did once I stepped away from Miss Liberty.😂

Somehow I've never seen anyone mention the /altinvite command. I feel both embarrassed and shamed. 😭

But I'd still be ok with the automatic badge! 😝

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2019 at 9:45 AM, Piyerus said:

While that's true that if you're 40-50 you can easily go into RV to get an explore... that doesn't help if someone is, for whatever reason, testing a character below level 50.

You can set your level to 50, enter RV, then set your level back to whatever you want afterwards with slash commands or the freebies popmenu.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

On 9/20/2019 at 2:34 AM, Rylas said:

Title says it all. It's one of the fastest ways to get around, and gives fast access to a lot of good content for testing.

Unless there's a fast way to grab the Ouro portal that I'm just unaware of, then please inform me.

Make SG base place Pillar of Ice & Fire, do rescue the mystic from circle of thorns (it's the badge mission at around level 14, fast to do and on competition you should get the portal.

• 2 weeks later
On 9/21/2019 at 10:50 PM, siolfir said:

Just wondering, What would be the low level redside equivalent?

Does redside have a low level Echo Zone? (Echo of Mercy Pre-Issue 21 maybe?)

Edit: To answer my own question, just logged in & checked, there isn't.

Edited by Shadowsleuth

On 10/7/2019 at 6:54 PM, Shadowsleuth said:

Just wondering, What would be the low level redside equivalent?

Does redside have a low level Echo Zone? (Echo of Mercy Pre-Issue 21 maybe?)

Edit: To answer my own question, just logged in & checked, there isn't.

Red can access Echo: Dark Astoria from base TP. But, mid-20 mobs. I have made it from the TP to the Oro portal without any stealth... it took the Temp Run+Backpack and some paranoid tabbing, but doable by just flying as high as possible... then landing on an abandoned roof if needed.

• Like 1

Death is the best debuff.

• 2 weeks later
On 9/19/2019 at 6:34 PM, Rylas said:

Old thread, so you probably found out already, but just in case you didn't and to help anyone else coming across this thread looking for this answer:

You can do it with the slash command /badge_grant ouroborosenabled

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later
On 10/25/2019 at 7:27 PM, Riverdusk said:

Old thread, so you probably found out already, but just in case you didn't and to help anyone else coming across this thread looking for this answer:

You can do it with the slash command /badge_grant ouroborosenabled

Well if that command works for anyone, you could just add it to the freebies popmenu.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

Is there a quick way to get the Midnighter badge and into Cim?

Grab the "House Hunter" badge badge in Night Ward.  That grants you entrance to the Midnight Club.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)