Binds, Macros and useful info.

Healix

On 5/10/2019 at 9:30 AM, SkyRocker said:

Back in 2012 on D-day, I zipped up my whole COH folder, kept it all of this time.  I have tons of macros, 7 years worth.  Silly question but will my old macros work with this 'new' CoX?

I have mine as well. You can use a lot of your old files, I transferred costumes. Little glitchy because some of the items available have changed/are unavailable. Just hit "attempt Fix" youll get the basic bodystyle of your character and costume. AE missions work with some tweaking. It is an editing program so it will tell you what needs to be fixed, easy squeezy. Still love this game!

• 5 months later

I think you need actual popmenu commands to put into your custom window.  Here's my post on how:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6701-popmenus-the-what-why-and-how/?tab=comments#comment-69615

Hopefully that works for you.

• 3 months later

I'm trying to add cycling speech binds like this:

Spoiler

Back on Course: Creating a Rotating Bind Edit

To set up a key that rotates between the five taunts listed earlier in this section, you need to create custom keybind files for each of them. These keybind files need to contain three things:

• the command to speak the taunt,
  • the command to activate the taunt command, and
  • the command to load the next taunt binding

The first thing you need to do is to create five keybind files: taunt1.txt, taunt2.txt, taunt3.txt, taunt4.txt, and taunt5.txt. In each taunt file, you need to put in the /bind command that gets executed. So each file would look like this:

taunt1.txt

T "local Get over here!$$pow_exec_name Taunt$$bind_load_file C:\keybinds\taunt2.txt"

taunt2.txt

T "local You're next.$$pow_exec_name Taunt$$bind_load_file C:\keybinds\taunt3.txt"

taunt3.txt

T "local Who wants some?$$pow_exec_name Taunt$$bind_load_file C:\keybinds\taunt4.txt"

taunt4.txt

T "local C'mere, ya pansy.$$pow_exec_name Taunt$$bind_load_file C:\keybinds\taunt5.txt"

taunt5.txt

T "local Let's see what you've got.$$pow_exec_name Taunt$$bind_load_file C:\keybinds\taunt1.txt"

When taunt1.txt is active, pressing T will cause the character to say "Get over here!" and activate the taunt power. At the same time, City of Heroes loads the taunt2.txt file and, since the bind command is for the same key, overwrites the T key with the new binding. So the next time T is pressed the character says "You're next." and the taunt power is launched again. This time, taunt3.txt is loaded, and that binding replaces the current one, and so forth and so on until finally taunt5.txt rebinds the key to load taunt1.txt, and the cycle starts over again.

Because the toggle bind is only loading and replacing one key binding at a time, the process takes place very quickly.

Now the only thing left to do is to actually bind T to the first toggle command. You can either do this manually or you can add it to your keybinds.txt file:

T "local Let's see what you've got.$$pow_exec_name Taunt$$bind_load_file C:\keybinds\taunt1.txt"

When you use the slash command /bind_load, then T will be bound to emulate the taunt5.txt binding, and the first taunt binding will activate the next time T is pressed.

As long as you are willing to be patient and set up your files before you get into the game, you can create rotating binds for just about everything. For example, rotating binds may be created for your mouse so that pressing a key loads one set of binds to the mouse to put it in "movement mode" and pressing it again loads another set of binds to put it in "default mode".

But when I press the bound key in game it does not recognize the speech command no matter what it is; local, team, group.

Message in game: Unknown command: "group

Or, if i drop the quotes: Unknown command: group

I'm on a mac, so awkwardness...

Does anyone understand why the game is failing to recognize the speech modifier on the next file loaded? :s

• 2 weeks later

I used to play when CoH was live. Someone had told me about a target nearest enemy/follow macro. I don't recall what it was but it would target nearest foe and auto run up to them. Used it on all my melee toons. Also is it still possible to edit your AFK bubble to say something else?

1 hour ago, Perfor8dCranium said:

I used to play when CoH was live. Someone had told me about a target nearest enemy/follow macro. I don't recall what it was but it would target nearest foe and auto run up to them. Used it on all my melee toons. Also is it still possible to edit your AFK bubble to say something else?

I found the following elsewhere on the forums:

/bind <key> "unselect$$target_enemy_near$$follow"

I have not personally verified that it works but the person that posted it stated that it "finds the nearest enemy and automatically follows or runs into melee distance", so hopefully that would work for you.

The AFK bubble can be edited using the /afk <message> command. That can be incorporated into a bind as well if you want to pop up a quick message when you are typing. For example I use:

/bind ENTER "afk Typing...$$startchat"

/bind R "afk Sending a tell...$$autoreply"

• 2 weeks later
  • 5 weeks later

I'm sorry - Can someone help me? I am trying to do the bind to my enter key, that when I am typing it has the little floating bubble above my head with whatever phrase I type in there. I can't seem to get the code down, and I think I had found it in another thread but that isn't working for me. So I'm unsure. 😞

1 hour ago, Pesi said:

I'm sorry - Can someone help me?

Here's what I use:

/bind ENTER "afk <message here>$$startchat"

Just change the '<message here>' part to whatever you want it to say.

EDIT: I just noticed your post in another thread where you said you tried syntax like what I posted. Are you standing still when you try this? If you are moving it might bump you out of AFK mode, which is what puts the bubble over your head.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Here's what I use:

/bind ENTER "afk <message here>$$startchat"

Just change the '<message here>' part to whatever you want it to say.

EDIT: I just noticed your post in another thread where you said you tried syntax like what I posted. Are you standing still when you try this? If you are moving it might bump you out of AFK mode, which is what puts the bubble over your head.

I got it to work! 😄

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 3:17 PM, lyra said:

as far as the macro window goes, it always appears in the upper left-hand corner of your screen when you log in. It usually hides behind the map (or whatever game window is in that corner).  Once you add a bunch of macros it stretches out and is way easier to find and move. I move it to the right, above my insp tray.

myUI.thumb.png.f423f19e00ce65a2be75c96b18ff30c4.png

• Like 1
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

• 2 weeks later

Awesome stuff, ya'll thank you. Now I'll admit I have not gone through all these posts. But I am looking for 1 in particular. That is a /command that works by the character only, it stopped my mouse driving from starting Autorun after a few seconds of movement. I still have old toons that this works on. But i can't recall the command so all but a few toons keep running when they should stop. 

Hello, this might just not be possible but if so help please.

I would like either a bind or macro that locks/unlocks all the powers in my trays.

At present I have to click menu options general misc and then the Lock powers in tray to enable/disable that option.

So four clicks and then a scroll to bottom of selection group and then a final click.

Move new power to prefered slot and then repeat above to lock in position.

Due to old fingers and brain I need to keep the powers locked when in combat as I am prone to dragging them in the heat of battle and die a lot🤕

Will really appreciate any advise/help you can give, thank you.

4 hours ago, Pengy said:

I do it like this:

/bind ADD "optionset disabledrag 1"

/bind SUBTRACT "optionset disabledrag 0"

Hi Pengy, just sublimely perfect and will be a proper help to me in my future game time.

I used a couple of macro’s LT and ULT because old brain 🙂

So many thanks for your time and wise heads and because you deserve them 👍👍👏👏😀

Cheers J

On 6/13/2019 at 3:42 AM, Albion said:

Two key things to check so it works properly:

1- You need to have a "data" folder in the CoH install folder (some have it already, some don't) AND inside that folder, another folder named "customwindows" which is what everyone already did.

2- You need to create some usable macros the good old way (by typing the command string,they are added as skill buttons) then drag them and use them (it is possible you have to actually use them for the game to register the window I wonder?) I went for costume changes with emotes and fly poses.

That is all I did for it to always stick on (only thing is goes back to the upper left every restart) if it keeps not working for you all I will erase the whole thing then make it again to check each step, it may be worth to note that I have saved files for all the menu options and windows configurations as to be able and load them for each char if needed,perhaps that helps too?,have not loaded any since I made the macros window however,let me know how it goes.

Edit: if bad comes to worse I can upload my file and we will see if putting it in your folder you get the window, if works it will most likely carry my crappy so far 10 basic macros but you can delete them and work on from it.

Click images to enlarge.

Where it appears every time I log in a char:

GKfmB2k.png

Where I put it:

Fnb3Kcb.png

I have this same issue. I cannot for the life of me get the window to stay put. It always reverts to the absolute upper left of the screen no matter how many times I save my options/windows/etc.

Edited by Furiant
Clarification