Any Thoughts on the best Lore Incarnate to take for a Tanker

TacoHammer

Lore pets are a time to put min-maxing aside and go for what fits your character concept best.  Mine have variously taken Cimerorans, Carnies, Banished Pantheon, and Knives of Vengeance.  I'm rather underwhelmed with the lot of them, but differences in performance seem to be rather subtle.  If in doubt, go Cimeroran for the pocket Surgeon. 

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I took the Polar Lights because I thought it would be cute to have a couple of tiny lights blasting the snot out of everything but, 1) they die like 15 seconds after we get in combat and 2) even if they don't I don't see them blasting much. 3/10 very disappoint, would not recommend. I might try Carnies next just because it would be funny having those snootie jackwads servicing me.

I like Longbow because GIANT FRICKIN' ROBOTS.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

On 9/22/2019 at 5:06 PM, Shoulung said:

Also, think longbow can debuff res or some such.

So what? I'm talkin' 'bout GIANT FRICKIN' ROBOTS!

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Rathstar

20 hours ago, Shoulung said:

Also, think longbow can debuff res or some such.

Not -res, but the big robot does have a -500% regen debuff on one of its attacks.

Basically any Lore boss pet is a wrecking ball that adds a couple hundred DPS, as long as you can keep it alive. The lieutenants are meh. The buff pets vary widely, most of them offering some kind of short-recharge heal, plus some kind of watered-down buff power; they're not super exciting, but at least they can't die like the boss pets do.

Straight up DPS: Banished Pantheon +++, has been shown through a multitude of tests that this is the highest DPS lore pet.

Farming: Banished Pantheon again, the untouchable pet gives a rain effect that adds as an offensive power (by far the best one)

Hard content (GM/AV): Longbow, the degen debuff is noticed.

Terrible damage: Seers (although they give fortitude if you're into that)

Banished if builds already has regen debuff or is so high DPS that degen is unnecessary, Banished Pantheon as go-to, do not choose Seers unless you really love water-down Fortitude.

Seers can potentially stack mezzes to stun LTs/Bosses I think too, which is why they are the lowest dps pets.

Personally I usually do BP on most of my 50s, with at least a T2 Longbow Cataphract to swap in for the -regen for AVs unless  I have it from somewhere else.  BP is ugly as sin though, Carnies and Knives of Vengeance untouchable LTs have good buffs iirc

Edited by mcdoogs

Did you guys miss the part about GIANT FRICKIN' ROBOTS?!

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Haha 2

@Rathstar

Don't be fooled when you see "Fortify".  You really need to dig into the details, the same is true for Forge as well.  You just can't depend on the name of the Lore pet's power to be remotely equivalent to what players get.  

My own hierarchy - 

1) concept

2) the intangible pet that seems most helpful

I rarely consider the tangible pet, they're just too squishy, even with a buff heavy character.

Not sure of best but I can attest that Storm Elemental may be a bad idea. I took them on my tank as it fit in with my character concept a bit. I failed to notice that the Monsoon had hurricane and it does knock back.

Knock back is almost always bad on a tank. But, I have been working on ways to position the Monsoon to keep bad guys away from thing I need to protect such as the protect this item missions. Still experimenting but it seems like a fun extra protection measure to play around with.

13 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

What kind of pets do Longbow give again?

I'm not falling for it. 😁

• Sad 1

@Rathstar

On 9/27/2019 at 9:38 AM, mcdoogs said:

Seers can potentially stack mezzes to stun LTs/Bosses I think too, which is why they are the lowest dps pets.

Seers had a bug that made the boss’s Dominate power do no damage; that was the actual reason they were the worst DPS. It was fixed fairly recently and I don’t think anyone’s tested them since.

Depending on the tank I'd look for pets with high DPS; an Incarnate tank rarely needs a support pet but our damage output isn't anything to write home about.

Back on Live I had Warworks on CMA, my Inv/Stone tanker and they were decent.  As a tanker you should be able to keep aggro off of your pets so their durability shouldn't be an issue unless you're dealing with lots of AOE.  In the charts I've seen it looks like some of the pets are certainly loads better DPS wise than others.

I had Seers on my Blaster for awhile, they really were pretty worthless and have since been replaced by Clockwork.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Tsoo seem pretty meh as well. The sorcerer just teleports away and stands in a corner with his swirly storm thing going then gets lost and doesn't follow you around. I haven't tried the t4 but the t3 is pretty useless. I swapped them for carnies which are just great fun. I would second Banished Pantheon though, my t4 ravager can solo a level 54 Zeus titan.

• 2 weeks later

Of the invulnerable ally ones, I think the Cimemoran surgeons are one of the best because they just hang out nearby and heal you. I've got by with it as my only heal power. 

The arachnos invulnerable ally, as far as I can tell, does nothing and stands with her hands on her hips until it's time for her to leave. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas