Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

6 hours ago, Trike said:

I definitely think you achieved your goal, and it’s one of the more subtle designs to get that effect.

The first thing I do on 99% of my female characters is to decrease the chest to its lowest and shrink the legs. For most of them I also increase the waist for the same reason you’ve given. Otherwise they look like they’ve had ribs removed.

I definitely have a type of body I make all my characters to, which not the weirdly bloated with muscles archetype that 90s comics made ubiquitous (it's like no one remembers Megaton Man made the superheros look that way as a joke!).  No one's 7 seven feet tall (unless maybe they're weird ghosts or something), no one's hulked out so much they wouldn't fit through a real-world doorway, etc. and my women toons are all as you described too.  They're all just people.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

So, @Player2 was kind enough to post about having let go of the name Boobytrap on Excelsior today, and I had to snap it up. It's such a great name! And there was really only one direction to go in with a name like that, as on-the-nose as it might be. Sure, it's silly, and obvious, and maybe a little juvenile, but I couldn't not do it... what else could I possibly make with that name other than a Traps defender with two very... prominent assets.

Please don't stare.

My eyes are up here.

boobytrap.png

boobytrap1.png

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Cyber-Security Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Drop Dead Gorgeous (Psionic Melee/Dark Armor stalker, 27 June 2024)

30 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

I really love the colors and sleek look!  Is there a concept or story reason the boots are bigger and not "tight" like the rest of him? Just curious.

I like big  b o o t s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, Troo said:

I like big  b o o t s

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

"...and you cannot lie?"  Hahaha.  😄 

I like big boots, and I can not lie

You other heroes can’t deny

When a tank stomps in with an itty bitty waist

And kicks you in the face

Your bell’s rung 

Wanna act all tough 

But PCPD has you cuffed

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Trike said:

I like big boots, and I can not lie

You other heroes can’t deny

When a tank stomps in with an itty bitty waist

And kicks you in the face

Your bell’s rung 

Wanna act all tough 

But PCPD has you cuffed

Oh...my...god...Becky! Look at those boots! He looks like one of those paragon heroes.

56 minutes ago, First Player said:

My newest character Asteroid - Seismic Blast/Atomic Radiation Blaster

Untitled.png.c30bfd10c3f1b372a29219b52b7e930a.png

CWN5Ku.gif

Damn. I just grabbed the name "Asteroids"  earlier this week, but my costume is lame comparatively. Which is kind of the norm when @First Player enters the chat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

7 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Oh...my...god...Becky! Look at those boots! He looks like one of those paragon heroes.

“Next up on this week’s Hot Hundred is Guns & Snowses!”

Take me down to Paragon City

Where the girls are green

And the grass is deadly

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Virtual Green said:

Much appreciated! Pretty hard to come up with a good speedster name these days.

Not too sure about the color of the boots, though... I might switch to white and grey instead. What do you guys think? 🙂

You have 10 costume slots to work with.  Why not do both, keep this bright orange and also make a grey one.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

You have 10 costume slots to work with.  Why not do both, keep this bright orange and also make a grey one.

That's fair, yeah! I already tried a white-booted costume, but I felt it had too much white in it, hence my observation. I might try it again, see if I like it more!

16 minutes ago, Virtual Green said:

That's fair, yeah! I already tried a white-booted costume, but I felt it had too much white in it, hence my observation. I might try it again, see if I like it more!

Might also want to look at changing the black part to orange, to see if that works.

I like the Sport boots/gloves because of the way they break up colors like that. I have to restrain myself from using them in every other costume. 😛

• Thumbs Up 1