Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Decided to rename my previously posted Rad/Rad Brute as the proton punk Gamma Death (who needs subtelty when you can punch capes with irradiated fists, really?), and really lean in on his Freakshow origin and attitude (complete with glow-up mohawk when he powers up !). Also included is his "civilian outfit".

gammadeath.thumb.PNG.7098572d0b29bf1a059af39b20111cbf.PNGgammadeath1.thumb.PNG.88b70e792f6d58305221ec27be4524ff.PNG

gammadeath2.thumb.PNG.276276c9707e68e46f75cc8d18b44bf4.PNG

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, biostem said:

Now delivering "Liquor Quicker! (tm)", by means of "Science! (tm)", I present to you, "The Barmaid":

...Just make sure you pay your tab!

She and my Ron Swanson themed Water/Mental blaster, The Bourbon Blaster, would make a great team.

• Haha 2

A while back I put together this costume to test out Savage Melee, and I recently had the epiphany to repurpose the costume for a character concept I've been toying with for even longer but could never find the right pieces for.

1238365003_Screenshot2021-01-11213722.thumb.png.a19504dc0d74b96da3c81b4f2b6349c1.png

This is the Void of Dreams (Rad/Temp Blaster) the darkest part of a sleeping mutant's psyche that manifests while they are sleeping. Although the VoD is limited by the sleep schedule of his "host", his temporal abilities have allowed him to gradually slow time down so that he can master the magics of the astral plane. He's now had the equivalent of centuries of practice and with each slumber he becomes exponentially more adept at advanced magics.
1624965469_Screenshot2021-01-11213025.thumb.png.dde747ecd1f990199616d19585cfe5ee.png

The original conception of this costume was for a Savage/Shield Ouroboros Mender who had spun far past his tether and bound his spirit to a magic cloak in an attempt to survive. In true convoluted comic fashion, the cloak caught the eye of a demonic spirit who would wrestle with the mender for control of the relic. This is where a lot of the gold vs black of the costume comes from, and his initial dark energy shield added asymmetry to convey the cloak unevenly slipping from the mender's control. 

1958594163_Screenshot2021-01-11231222.thumb.jpg.40a010703203a109b5a31cac9412201e.jpg

When still the illusion of this costume portraying a floating legless spirit works fairly well, but in motion I had to play with elements to keep it consistent. Because the path aura needs time to build up a large murky cloud to hide the spectrum legs, I've found that black super speed works the best for keeping the concept believable (although obviously I tried my best to get fly/hover to work first). Switching to slide for the default stance was a must to keep the movement ghostlike...ish. The other major change I made was to swap the Valkyrie skirt for the CoT robes as they cover the legs a bit better during movement, despite being less impressive when at rest.

364060120_Screenshot2021-01-11211821.thumb.png.2530cd6e46327ca8df4cb77ae7860e03.png

• Like 20
  • Thumbs Up 1

While checking out the costume files on my laptop for my last post I found this gem I never got around to publishing a hero's license for:

960938253_Screenshot2021-01-11234917.thumb.png.7f0261dd91501d8cb24eafd8a5705a84.png170615842_Screenshot2021-01-11235100.thumb.png.e97468339bfff2f2af3a2fa1acd4b56f.png

10 minutes ago, biostem said:

Really awesome design!  Reminds me of the character from Assassin's Creed melded with or if they became a lich.

Thanks! The lich aesthetic is totally what I'm going for with him!

• Like 7

She could also be a Mardi Gras Queen.

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 12/30/2020 at 5:26 PM, Erratic1 said:

Two more from the Not Mine But  Pretty Cool collection.

NotMine.thumb.png.fc0a4322351acfbc320711319a4cc92e.png

Did not belong to the same supergroup either.

Oh cool, the golden one is mine! I find myself making quite a few alts based on my old D&D revised cosmology where the planes overlap considerably and in some odd ways - the lion is based on a type of angel called a Guardinal from a plane of positive energy, fire, and air.  Game-mechanically he is a kin/sonic/fire defender.  The big-ass Greater Fire Sword on a defender really makes the look 🙂

I remember this other alt, was mucking around in the costume creator and noticed another player with almost an inverse color scheme, thought it was cool too!  If the owner of the white/blue alt happens to find this thread please message me and lets run some missions together!

• Like 1

Legendary

Staff Fighting / Willpower Brute  (who dips into the sorcery pool)

7ibtttY.png

So I got a new laptop and it seems that whenever I put focus on something other than the game (such as a screen capture tool), the game screen darkens noticeably.  Has anyone else encountered this or know how to fix it?  Because I had Windows 10 on my old laptop but never experienced this issue and now it's driving me nuts because it has an impact on my screenshots.

Edited by Player2
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Sparrows said:

A while back I put together this costume to test out Savage Melee, and I recently had the epiphany to repurpose the costume for a character concept I've been toying with for even longer but could never find the right pieces for.

1238365003_Screenshot2021-01-11213722.thumb.png.a19504dc0d74b96da3c81b4f2b6349c1.png

This is the Void of Dreams 

Holy poop this is outstanding.

• Like 2

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

10 hours ago, Sparrows said:

That is one of the most scaringly efficient costume posted here, and a hell of a way to start the new year. Great concept too, Spar!

(Would you mind if I borrowed some elements? I'm insanely jealous of that hood/skull/Spectrum head combo...)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Player2 said:

So I got a new laptop and it seems that whenever I put focus on something other than the game (such as a screen capture tool), the game screen darkens noticeably.  Has anyone else encountered this or know how to fix it?  Because I had Windows 10 on my old laptop but never experienced this issue and now it's driving me nuts because it has an impact on my screenshots.

Try fiddling with the Windows "Focus Assist" feature.  You can read more here.

2 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

That is one of the most scaringly efficient costume posted here, and a hell of a way to start the new year. Great concept too, Spar!

(Would you mind if I borrowed some elements? I'm insanely jealous of that hood/skull/Spectrum head combo...)

Thanks! Yeah dude go for it 🙂

• Thanks 1