Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

1 hour ago, Mystic Fortune said:

A themed group that I started the other night with a couple of friends.

The suit went through many changes, but we ultimately settled on this.

HeroicEvolvingKaijuWarriors1.PNG.3f1ec76619519615adbefde1489a5169.PNG

A little homage now and again is good for the soul.

Mighty Morphin Paragon Ranger Warriors!

• Like 1

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

20 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Nun of the Above

Illusion Control / Sonic Resonance Controller

nP2Cj59.png20l9xGf.png

1WG2aSq.pngMhGBDGX.png

Now, since I also have the name The Above, I need to make the avatar of her worship.  I'm thinking maybe a Peacebringer...

I can't help but think of just a solid white glowing figure.  But make it a Warshade, just to subvert expectations.

51 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Nun of the Above

Illusion Control / Sonic Resonance Controller

nP2Cj59.png20l9xGf.png

1WG2aSq.pngMhGBDGX.png

Now, since I also have the name The Above, I need to make the avatar of her worship.  I'm thinking maybe a Peacebringer...

She should hang With Sister Blister. Fire/Kin

nunclose2.jpg

nunstand2.jpg

Edited by Vulpoid
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Quick question, folks:  It seems I am only able to upload a few KB of attachments as of late, (which is why I've been using the photobucket images).  Have I done something wrong?  Exceeded some forum limit?  Thanks for reading!

There is actually a 97MB forum limit on attachments, but you can delete previous images in your account via [Account] > [My Attachments]

Edited by Glacier Peak
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Not much is known for certain about the mystic Mu'Khopesh save one thing--he betrayed Ghost Widow and lived. Some say he dealt in secrets mortal minds weren't meant to know and that it drove him insane. Others say he sold his soul to the devil, but the devil gave it BACK. Perhaps the most interesting rumors come from the Mu themselves--alternatively the Destined One and the Harbinger of the End Times, it is said that those who listen to his teachings either end up following him immediately or plot his death. What cannot be debated, however, is his formidable psionic power and command over the eldritch energies of the Mu. Those who know his other secrets are his loyal disciples... or are dead. (Arachnos Widow Fortunata spec with Mu Mastery)

jV8z4hY.jpg

5qE96ed.jpg

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Kingsize, Rad/Invuln Brute

screenshot_210109-19-45-11.jpg

That's a pretty slick design, JB!

I had a similarly-named character back when I played on CO, a sizeshifting brawler who made full use of that game's version of Super Strength (which made you grow in size the more you fought your enemy).

614254561_CCKingsize.png.32ebffa2ffe6330784275114cb6a5b24.png

• Like 4

I wanted to post these guys up with their bios showing, not only to see if people like the concepts, but also to see if anyone likes the concepts enough to join me in fleshing them out more (i.e. Defining who/what the Nyghtmare is, the other types of henchmen, etc.). I really wish I could get an aura that cloaks the Howler completely in shadows, but smoky was the best I could do; thunderhead is more coverage, but comes with lightning, which I'm not looking for with these guys.

The Nyghtmare Howler 

sK8sG84.png

The Nyghtmare Consort

TTBmOlG.png

• Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

7 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

That's a pretty slick design, JB!

I had a similarly-named character back when I played on CO, a sizeshifting brawler who made full use of that game's version of Super Strength (which made you grow in size the more you fought your enemy).

614254561_CCKingsize.png.32ebffa2ffe6330784275114cb6a5b24.png

That's awesome! I played CO off and on for years, but it never scratched the CoH itch for me. I did love some of the mechanics of that game, like their version of SS though.

• Like 2

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

2 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I wanted to post these guys up with their bios showing, not only to see if people like the concepts, but also to see if anyone likes the concepts enough to join me in fleshing them out more (i.e. Defining who/what the Nyghtmare is, the other types of henchmen, etc.). I really wish I could get an aura that cloaks the Howler completely in shadows, but smoky was the best I could do; thunderhead is more coverage, but comes with lightning, which I'm not looking for with these guys.

The Nyghtmare Howler 

sK8sG84.png

The Nyghtmare Consort

TTBmOlG.png

I thought to mention that there's a "post your awesome bios" thread but then I looked over there and nevermind. 😅

Personally, I write backstories for characters to help give context for why they look the way they do. A great costume produces a suspension of disbelief, helping the viewer's imagination take over. Just an opinion, but when you include a description of what the character is "actually" supposed to look like, it takes away from the costume you actually created.

Anyway, the Nyghtmares sound more like NPCs. They might make cool antagonists in an Architect mission. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AzureAngel said:

I thought to mention that there's a "post your awesome bios" thread but then I looked over there and nevermind. 😅

Personally, I write backstories for characters to help give context for why they look the way they do. A great costume produces a suspension of disbelief, helping the viewer's imagination take over. Just an opinion, but when you include a description of what the character is "actually" supposed to look like, it takes away from the costume you actually created.

Anyway, the Nyghtmares sound more like NPCs. They might make cool antagonists in an Architect mission. 

Normally, my bios for my characters don't look like this; they're more about how the character got to be super, a bit of backstory, etc.  I see how with the way I've iterated them currently, they seem more like NPC's than player characters. I don't make AE content so debating whether I should just scrap the idea or try to redesign them into something that's more player-friendly. And the intent with the "looks" was to try and leave it open to interpretation--i.e. no 2 howlers would look the same. Hrm...

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster