Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Long-time lurker, first time poster... be gentle 😃

I saw there have been a few nuns posted recently so thought I would share my humble effort, the Sinister Sister!

sistersinister01.jpg
sistersinister02.jpg
sistersinister03.jpg

She's been around for a while and never bumped into any other sisters - good to see there are a few of us!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Jawbreaker said:

One of my earliest mains on live, Afrodizziac ( MA/SR scrapper) needed a costume upgrade. Wanted to make it a little more modern while still keeping some disco funk. Top is the new version, bottom is the original.

afrp.PNG

Dy-no-MITE!! 😆

• Like 4

Valentines Day is just around the corner...  chocolates and cards are showing up in stores already.

I have a V-day hero (previously posted as HeartAttack in case you want to look for it) already in case anyone needs help with the Pocket D co-op mission...
But more likely a villain's touch will be needed.  And so I present:

Villaintine

Ninjas / Pain Mastermind

TjxVpug.png

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

Was just playing around with this one, but I got the best name and had to come up with something for it.

The Best Name

If you think that name is good, you're going to be super jealous when you see the one I just snagged:

(Costume courtesy of the "Random" button, because I care.)

nameyouwanted.png

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Haha 7

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Namesake time! Here's Sparrows (Kin/Willpower Brute) a Carebear stare come to life. Sparrows started out as a challenge to make a melee focused Cupid incarnate and evolved into a kid with a heart defect that has seen the best in humanity through his time in the hospital. That bad ticker now literally glows with the power that he draws from the love and compassion in the universe. His energy attacks send out a wave of positivity that can turn the cruelest foe into a caring friend. Brimming with cheesy and lofty idealism, Sparrows aims to reform criminals and tyrants into agents of kindness and actually achieve world peace. He's not a self insert by any means but more of my representation of the ideal hero.

sparrows.thumb.png.ed9d240f0c62050b98a4afb0846a1c85.png

On the flipside of the coin is his nemesis Hate Spew (Rad/Electric Brute), a social media shock jock who gets more powerful with, you guessed it, hate and division. Not only does Hate Spew have the grim realities of human nature on his side, he's got a team of media experts that have manufactured discord to a science.

721355159_Screenshot2021-01-21023241.thumb.png.7f8002baea7d7149c7174a45bed36d48.png
It's a small detail, but something about his green shades really sell me on this design. It's like I can taste his podcast with my eyes. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Since Skyraider inspiration has been brought up, may as well show off my own Skyraider-inspired costume. Piloted by Starsmite, an electrical melee/energy aura scrapper. I first wanted to make a flying-oriented melee character, and ended up settling on a Skyraider-esque tech background.

starsmite1.thumb.png.fa7e125c2a8e5b8ee244c3e30da97803.pngstarsmiteside.thumb.png.a378263f27a3342e76ef5dd10d197c1b.pngstarsmite2.thumb.png.6eec13e599470f948158daac16de6c95.png

I've always found the Skyraider getups really interesting and cool, as well as their sort-of-twins, the Goldbrickers, so I also made a Goldbreaker-inspired costume, though I haven't created a character for it yet.

goldbrickerinspired.thumb.png.4e17b0b8e6f8126cc162d39d30588153.pnggoldbrickerinspiredside.thumb.png.5490ba1a4fe3fca4924f38e3a74a06d1.png

And lastly, here's a bit of a change of pace to a costume I'm working on for a gravity control/psionic assault dominator. Not sure if I have all the details ironed out, but I'm pretty happy with the design so far.

galaxybrain.thumb.png.b96d9c259ed3e88ae239044aacd9afea.png

Might have to go with a different chest detail, current one doesn't blend into the suit quite as nicely as I'd like.

Anyway, thanks all for sharing so many cool and creative costumes, and I only hope my additions to the thread can maybe add a bit of inspiration too!

Edited by Ackelope
  • Like 5

Another screenshot trick I like is
 /bind SHIFT+F11 "+screenshotui$$screenshot$$-screenshotui"

This will simultaneously take a screenshot with and without your UI. It is helpful if you want to show off your bio or power tray OR clear all the clutter away.
You get two different screenshots in your screenshot folder.

The Arachnos Wolfspider Ibex hails from Phi Gamma 25-8, a dimension of anthropomorphic animals. After a volcano erupted near his home town, Portal Corps took an unusual stance and intervened, offering asylum to its inhabitants (probably with the added motivation of establishing diplomatic ties to such an unusual society). Shortly afterward, Ibex migrated to the Rogue Isles and joined Arachnos simply because his native culture values strength and competition far more than compassion for those less fortunate.

jS7jTcQ.jpg

jTbTymc.jpg

mO8vdjr.jpg

Edited by AzureAngel
  • Like 9