Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

19 minutes ago, biostem said:

I so wish we could get that neck ring without the full backpack...

There might be a reason it's not possible or very hard. 

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

8 minutes ago, Herotu said:

There might be a reason it's not possible or very hard. 

Well, it'd have to still take up a slot - either as a shoulder option or yet another back option which is just the neck ring itself.  IIRC, there's a version of the backpack without the ring, so doing one that is just it should be possible.  My money's on the original devs simply not expecting players to want that option...

22 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Introducing the Radioactor ! A Spetsnaz commando turned atomic super-soldier following a botched heist of the Terra Volta reactor. (Rad/Energy)

Great costume, and I never really tried that power combo, so I've been leveling up such a build...

• Like 1

Most people swear by it, even though I have not tried it myself... 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

14 minutes ago, Trike said:

I also have an "everything plus the kitchen sink" winged hat character: Marrowhawk.

Marrowhawk3.jpg
Marrowhawk2.jpg
Marrowhawk.jpg

https://ibb.co/0tGvHPy
https://ibb.co/BPbjL2G
https://ibb.co/9hHmJyy

I think I might've passed by you in game!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Three of my latest Pulp Heroes:

Doc Shadow

Illusion/Darkness Affinity Controller

He's a mash-up of Doc Savage and The Shadow. Clark Savage Jr. + Lamont Cranston becomes Dr. Cranston Clark.

Doc-Shadow.jpg
Doc-Shadow-Bio.jpg

The Masked Lark

Street Justice/Energy Aura Brute

Entirely original, and I rather like this one. It looks appropriate to the period with slightly-goofy colors and style. Masked Larks are real birds, so that works, as well.

Masked-Lark-Bio.jpg

Hail Columbia

Storm/Storm Defender

I was thinking about this poem and trying to come up with a costume to set it off, but nothing looked right. Then I saw something similar to this one night and shamelessly ripped it off. I made some minor modifications to fit the period, but the overall look came from another player. I wish I could remember their name to give proper credit. 

Hail-Columbia.jpg

Hail-Columbia-Bio.jpg

Edited by Trike
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2023 at 6:25 PM, Virtual Green said:

Only at level 15 so far, but I've got trust in Energy Armor, I'll tell you how it goes!

I got my rad melee/energy aura brute to 50 and into incarnates.  So far it's been a mixed bag.  While fun to play, it seems that even the slightest bit of lag can mean the difference between me hitting energy drain or energize in time, or meeting with a fast faceplant.  That being said, as I work on kitting them out with various IO sets, the margin of safety is widening.  Radiation melee seems pretty effective, but I find myself frequently passing over using devastating blow due to the longish animation.  I skipped proton sweep as well - was that a mistake?  I also tend to keep radiation siphon in reserve for use against contaminated enemies, in order to get the healing effect, instead of as part of my normal attack rotation.  I haven't used any respecs yet, so I'm considering swapping out devastating for sweep...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

How did you think of that before me!!??!!???  I love it, and will steal it 😄

🙂

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 7/20/2023 at 2:22 PM, Virtual Green said:

I've been on villainous streak lately (costume-wise), and I'm pretty proud with how Slither, international assassin and fanatical follower of Apophis, came out! (Claw/Regen)

slither.thumb.PNG.7d4af3d85cd07328e0ae440776286d4c.PNG

slither_2.PNG.8a02899635fcb7252f00ef4b0d58b08f.PNG

Very slick.  Love it.  Love everything about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:22 AM, Virtual Green said:

I've been on villainous streak lately (costume-wise), and I'm pretty proud with how Slither, international assassin and fanatical follower of Apophis, came out! (Claw/Regen)

slither.thumb.PNG.7d4af3d85cd07328e0ae440776286d4c.PNG

slither_2.PNG.8a02899635fcb7252f00ef4b0d58b08f.PNG

I've been trying to make a snake-inspired costume for years and can never get them to look right. This might be the best one I've ever seen!

• Thanks 1