Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

I've been working on some minor "projects". One project, started earlier this year, is to stop flitting from one alt to the next, playing whichever strikes my fancy on a particular day. Given that I have over 100 alts, that meant that, after four years, I only had ten level 50s and then 100+ alts in various stages of leveling. It also meant that alts with certain power sets that I find less appealing (*ahem* Dual Pistols *cough* Beam Rifle) were getting clustered together, languishing in the same level ranges where I more or less lost interest. I've consistently made a habit of keeping all of my alts sorted by level, moving each one up in the list as it leveled up. I stopped hopping from one alt to the next, and instead, once I had my first page of the character select screen all at level 50, I just moved to the second page and worked on getting the next ten to 50, whichever characters those happened to be. Currently I'm working on my third page, nearly finished with that one (seven 50s, one 49, two 48s).

Another "project" is to roll more redside alts. The majority of my current roster is blueside, by a large margin. So I'm trying to narrow that gap a bit. Part of my reason for this is, what with getting all of these alts to 50, I'm starting to get a bit burned out on the Brickstown/Founders'/Peregrine circuit. (In fact I might, instead of starting on the next "page" of alts when I finish leveling the current page, I may bounce down to a page of alts in the 10-30 range. Been quite a while since I've tangled with the Sky Raiders...)

My final "project" is striking more balance in my ATs. I play entirely solo, so I focus on "damage" ATs: blasters, brutes, scrappers, sentinels, and stalkers, and among those, the last two are under-represented compared to the first three. Particularly stalkers. So I'm reminding myself to roll more sentinels and stalkers. (A "sub-project" of this balance-seeking involves rolling more male alts, since my female alts quite outnumber the males.)

So here's my latest male, redside, sentinel alt (I can't stop having new ideas, after all, and I need to roll these alts before I forget the name idea):

Noise Ordnance (Sonic/Bio)

image.thumb.jpeg.328743c7ce558294c7cfd6607d989eee.jpeg

(He's Tech origin - his sonic blasts come from the device on his back, rather than his mouth.)

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 12

Here's some sister concepts!

Spicy Red Pepper (Fire/MA Tank) and Honey Chipotle (Bio/Staff Tank)

y6BHNKk.jpg

Byte Junkie (Elec/Elec Tank) and Byte Popper (Elec/Energy Tank)

KHdLNq5.jpg DLpXUfS.jpg

j50zSor.jpg UFFgn2Y.jpg

Spaghetti Betty (StJ/Rad Scrapper) and Lasagna Tanya (Energy/Rad Stalker)

8qAT5e3.jpg LK3KQTT.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

This idea was inspired by someone else's character I saw on this thread a ways back. Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me find the original post, just know this is based on another design and I did not create it entirely on my own; I simply added my own flavor. Two different versions, I can't decide which I like better!

I introduce to you,

Northsta[Energy Melee/Shield Defense Scrapper]

n2.png

n1.jpg

Edited by Conradigan
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 2

1433717368_output-onlinepngtools(1).png.762612f780fcf9c57e5b9d8e55340d40.png

Caption: Duke Dreadsome enjoys an Orange Fanta in Pocket D after being informed
that the "distilled essence of original sin" was unavailable as an ingredient. A Dread
Minion looks on.

"Ah, my dearest fairest lady,  prepare to be ensnared in the dark tapestry of my lineage, where shadows loom like specters of dread and laughter emerges from the very depths of despair.

Picture my mother, if you will: Genevieve von Nachtstein, a haunting beauty cursed with both a hoof and the laziest of eyes. Nevertheless, she was a commoner with an otherworldly allure, her presence cast an eerie spell upon all who dared to gaze upon her twisted grace and my father was soon enough ensnared. 

So then, behold my father: Dimitri Konrad Dreadsome, an albino petty noble, twisted and pale like a specter from the abyss. His macabre pursuits, squandering our family fortune on erotic puppet shows and penning verses of nightmarish poetry, lent an air of derangement to my very conception as he wooed my mother with his filth.

Even as I quickened in mother's chilly womb, they were together weaving a legacy of despair and peculiarity; one that would instill within me the seeds of malevolence that now bear bitter fruit. Oh, how they danced in the moonlit madness of their existence, like tragic figures in an absurd play.

I tried to understand them. As a boy, I would approach my father's study while he was at it, and find him in such a state that it embarrasses me still, even though he has long since met his maker. I would clutch to my breast my only toy and only friend - a bit of moldy bread crust - and ask in my small voice, "Where are their clothes, Papa? WHY DO THE PUPPETS NOT HAVE CLOTHES!?" Father, stripped to the waist and sweating like a laborer, would only laugh maniacally. 

These bits of absurdity fueled me and as I, Duke Dreadsome, stand upon the precipice of world domination, I am but a twisted reflection of my tragic ancestry. The shadows of my family's bizarre past haunt my every step, and I embrace them with a sinister glee, for they are the very foundation of my grim existence.

Fear not the darkness that consumes my soul, for it is the essence of my being, lurking like a malevolent specter within my heart. I revel in the sinister theatrics, the dark comedy that plays out upon the stage of Dreadovia.

Now, let us descend deeper into the abyss of Dreadovia's secrets, where shadows writhe like serpents of darkness and the laughter echoes with a chilling mirth. Speak, and I, Duke Dreadsome, shall respond with a flair for the macabre, unfolding the tale of our bleak existence with darkly funny elegance. Onward, to the malevolence that lies in wait, lurking just beneath the surface!"

Edited by Attache
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

On 7/20/2023 at 11:22 AM, Virtual Green said:

I've been on villainous streak lately (costume-wise), and I'm pretty proud with how Slither, international assassin and fanatical follower of Apophis, came out! (Claw/Regen)

slither.thumb.PNG.7d4af3d85cd07328e0ae440776286d4c.PNG

slither_2.PNG.8a02899635fcb7252f00ef4b0d58b08f.PNG

Hey, just wanted to say you inspired me to create my own villainous serpent: The Killer Cobra, Claws/Ninja, everything he does looks evil in motion, it's awesome, so thank you 🙂

Screenshot 2023-08-31 053005.png

Screenshot 2023-08-31 055611.png

Screenshot 2023-08-31 052657.png

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 2

Everyone tells me Ice Armor for Tankers is not so great. Me being the stubborn ass that I am, I just had to see for myself, so I whipped up this character today. I'm very happy with how this costume came out, so I figured I'd share it here.

Meet Swift Snow, the Magic origin Ice/Kin Tanker:

SwiftSnow.png.9e710403416458af4b1799769877ea95.png

SwiftSnow2.png.14023c395eae08a7e4c1206daf32ac10.png

Once an avid mountain climber, he almost died getting caught in a blizzard while attempting to climb K2, aka "Savage Mountain." However, an unknown winter spirit told him he had a destiny to fulfill, and his time was not yet come. He was saved from certain death, granted powers over ice and wind, and even though he has no idea what his destiny is, he's got superpowers now, so he might as well use them to fight crime, right?

Edited by GastlyGibus
  • Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 3

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

Ice/kin, really going all in on underperforming. 😄I have a Claws/ice Scrapper I am working on at 31. I'm still working through the build and seeing how much I like it. It isn't quite there, but I think it will be great for teams. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I finally have a Miraculous-inspired team that I'm happy with, my daughters used to watch the show and I thought that the various heroes and villains were pretty inspired.  Following the Chinese-themed heroes already in the show, I based mine on the "Four Symbols" of Chinese mythology.

Here are the "Miraculous Four"

Sky-Dragon_bio.jpg

SnowCat_Bio2.jpg

Song_Hawk_bio.jpg

Stone_Shell_Bio.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

Everyone tells me Ice Armor for Tankers is not so great. 

That is total BS - Ice Armor is a great set and there isn't any content I haven't been able to succeed at with it just as well as my other tankers.  In fact, I prefer my ice tanker over others!  So, PBBBLT! 😛 to the others.  😄 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When someone tells you an entire powerset is bad, underperforms, or even that it's "unplayable," take that as meaning that it's perfectly good, but maybe only 95% as good as other sets you could take instead.

OH, THE HORROR

• Haha 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

7 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

That is total BS - Ice Armor is a great set and there isn't any content I haven't been able to succeed at with it just as well as my other tankers.  In fact, I prefer my ice tanker over others!  So, PBBBLT! 😛 to the others.  😄 

I have an Ice/Ice Tanker named Super-Yeti, and although I haven’t played him in a bit, he seems fine. According to my spreadsheet he’s level 25, so he must not be too hateful to play.

Tonight is Tanker Tuesday, so I’ll grab a screenshot of him later. First Tuesday means we’ll be on Excelsior tonight, so come on out and team up with fellow Tanks. Meet in Kings Row next to the Indy Port entrance at 9pm EST. Every level is welcome, as they usually organize a few teams doing different things.

Edit:

Super-Yeti-Bio2.jpg

Big turnout for Tanker Tuesday this week:

screenshot-230905-20-44-31-1.jpg

Tanker-Tuesday-Sep52023.jpg

Edited by Trike
Addded purty pikchurs
  • Like 2

Ok, here are a couple of new ones that I have recently created (Altitis, your a evil mistress lol)...

First up is Elsa-187, a Dual Blades/Willpower Scrapper (the 1st Dual Blades character I have ever made). And I bet you all know what 187 means too... 😉

And second is Fairborn, a remade character from live. A Broadsword/Willpower Scrapper. And bow do I love her look... 😁

Elsa-187.jpg

FairBorn.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

8 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

I played an ice/ice brute to 50 and loved it.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, biostem said:

That one's really great!  Especially love how you combined the chest armor and witch tights!

Thank you very, very much for that @biostem. It actually took me a good 45 min's to an hour to get her look "just right", and despite Broadsword not being my favorite power, I find that I really like playing her a lot just from how great she looks alone. lol Thanks' again... 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Asa Castrelli (DB/WP brute)

Asa Castrelli's father, Marco, was a mid-level figure in The Family. When he was murdered by rivals within the organization, Asa swore to herself to get revenge, and cripple all organized crime while she was at it.

I had her start out as a hero, but then decided to take her redside as a rogue.

image.thumb.jpeg.9370eb9e6f06db7dd9732df37ef73351.jpeg

DTF Dany (Ice Blast/Atomic Manipulation blaster)

Dany is Determined To Freeze crime! (What did you think it meant, you pervert?!)

image.thumb.jpeg.024573e8ee30f23a2cb8e3fb4d47acfb.jpeg

The really fun thing about playing Dany is the fact that she has a grand total of five holds available. Freeze Ray and Bitter Freeze Ray from Ice Blast, Positron Cell and Radioactive Cloud from Atomic Manipulation, and the Chance for Hold proc from Devastation IO set (though that set is being replaced by Apocalypse now that she's 50). So she just runs in (she's my only non-weapons ranged character without Hover), locks everybody down, then takes them all out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, biostem said:

And here is my shameless "inspired by" attempt, "Lady Aurum":

lady aurum1.jpg

Looks good. 🙂 However, as you have used the fur trimmed boots, might I also suggest using the fur trimmed shoulder "magic robe" as well, instead of those shoulder pads? I only mention it due to me being a stickler at times for symmetry lol... 😁

Edited by BjorJlen
  • Thumbs Up 1