Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

So I should love Earth/Earth doms, but for some reason I keep bailing on them in the 30s. Part of it is just reusing the same costume ideas for these earthies, but thanks to across the spiderverse and a certain punk we got some inspiration, for Rock Punk (Punk Rock was taken sadly). Really happy with how his costumes turned out, and will hopefully motivate me to keep smashing stuff.

screenshot_230701-06-06-53.jpg

screenshot_230701-06-12-31.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Negatrov - someone else came up with the name in a discussion about what the opposite of "Positron" would be.
image.png.688bb10c93ec6fee5513f0096d5fe2af.png

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 14
  • Thumbs Up 3

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 7/2/2023 at 2:07 PM, Herotu said:

someone else came up with the name in a discussion about what the opposite of "Positron" would be

I'm kind-of assuming you mean the character of Positron, but if you're talking about the particle, a positron is the anti-particle version of an electron, so from a particle physics viewpoint the positron and the electron are opposites.  Sorry, my (not-so-)inner science nerd just couldn't let this go.  More great costumes, please!

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Thumbs Up 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

7 hours ago, First Player said:

image.png.3febee33316017fc76f5c3a9832ccbc3.png

Electrical Blast/Fire Manipulation Blaster

Hey, I recognize that name.  ^.^

Cool and very sleek costume, quite different that the one I was using.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Still on my remaking trip, I decided to reroll my Australian adventurer Groundbreak as a Stone/WP Stalker (pretty fun combo!), along with a slightly modernized look! (and an even more obvious homage to a famous fictional archeologist)

groundbreak.PNG.59f84cbf60da74be3bb11148a132a908.PNG

groundbreak_1.PNG.9d22b8708c0ede83ae4082fc8fc0b9c5.PNG

groundbreak_2.thumb.PNG.a240f25ca548c9583e3238889b969d27.PNG

(I promise I have some new costumes/concepts coming up, though!)

Edited by Virtual Green
  • Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 2

On the simpler side, but I've always wanted a bug-themed character (and use the Insectoid Hybrid top) and am really happy with how Psymoth turned out.

psymoth.thumb.png.1ddd478f8a43d9ec6cfaca574303734b.png

Also quite fond of Glassforge, my ice/stone tank:

glassforge.thumb.png.60d3872cdcf56b3f69478d1903f73782.png

Edited by Agorazium
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Still on my remaking trip, I decided to reroll my Australian adventurer Groundbreak as a Stone/WP Stalker (pretty fun combo!), along with a slightly modernized look! (and an even more obvious homage to a famous fictional archeologist)

groundbreak.PNG.59f84cbf60da74be3bb11148a132a908.PNG

groundbreak_1.PNG.9d22b8708c0ede83ae4082fc8fc0b9c5.PNG

groundbreak_2.thumb.PNG.a240f25ca548c9583e3238889b969d27.PNG

(I promise I have some new costumes/concepts coming up, though!)

Nice reroll! Your original costume inspired me to make Rocky Mountain (Stone/Stone Tanker) a while back -

image.thumb.png.a3b5478741a521706b6f53edcb2a97ce.png

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Here's my Serpent Society inspired Illusion/Poison Controller Hognose!

Edward Evans, was a respected Corporal in the US Marines and had been on numerous deployments around the world over the course of his career.

On a top secret operation to the Amazon rainforest, Edward was bitten in his sleep by a snake. Over the course of the next few days he began to develop strange sensations in his body. Miles away from any real medical help, Edward powered through, not wanting his own health to jeopardise the mission.

Jeopardise the mission he did though, as Edward collapsed on a hike through the thick rainforest. Awaking from his sleep with numerous members of his team surrounding him, they watched in disbelief as areas of his skin turned into thick scales. Poison radiating from his body, he now also had the power to create illusions to stun and confuse his foes. What actually bit Edward is still a topic of debate, but the spirit of the serpent now flows through the body of the man now only known as Hognose.

Hognose.png

char_color_7bcd61_201636.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Hrothgan said:

Here's my Serpent Society inspired Illusion/Poison Controller Hognose!

Edward Evans, was a respected Corporal in the US Marines and had been on numerous deployments around the world over the course of his career.

On a top secret operation to the Amazon rainforest, Edward was bitten in his sleep by a snake. Over the course of the next few days he began to develop strange sensations in his body. Miles away from any real medical help, Edward powered through, not wanting his own health to jeopardise the mission.

Jeopardise the mission he did though, as Edward collapsed on a hike through the thick rainforest. Awaking from his sleep with numerous members of his team surrounding him, they watched in disbelief as areas of his skin turned into thick scales. Poison radiating from his body, he now also had the power to create illusions to stun and confuse his foes. What actually bit Edward is still a topic of debate, but the spirit of the serpent now flows through the body of the man now only known as Hognose.

Hognose.png

char_color_7bcd61_201636.jpg

I've seen you running around quite a few times, nice bio and love the drawing.

On 7/2/2023 at 2:07 PM, Herotu said:

Negatrov - someone else came up with the name in a discussion about what the opposite of "Positron" would be.
image.png.688bb10c93ec6fee5513f0096d5fe2af.png

So seeing this actually inspired me to come up with my own cold war style toon. The Atomic Trooper a Rad/AR defender (With a Deathlok inspired costume for good measure).screenshot_230706-05-40-45.thumb.jpg.d41261a0ea6ac8bb228cde0dded5c43f.jpgscreenshot_230706-06-53-18.thumb.jpg.32c4de4d1bd5dfd01e9c5e5ffd74b218.jpgscreenshot_230706-05-41-49.thumb.jpg.1902bafae3767dd356b5fe5e1f65d34e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just playing around with names to see what's still available and I found the following two and made hero and villain opponents:

Representing truth, justice, and all American idealism at its finest:

Likeable

Staff Fighting / Willpower Scrapper

KA8FQy1.png

Z6MDMbr.png

MoFVipV.png

And in the red corner...

Unlikeable

Martial Arts / Bio Armor Stalker

42Fg4Kq.png

a9VUkBd.pngGlESFmZ.png

And in case anyone is interested, the words likeable and unlikeable can also be spelled as Likable or Unlikable without the e in the middle...

Both of which are currently available on Excelsior... possibly on other shards, as well.

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if this will work, linking an image isn't cooperating with me 😕.

My original Hero from live, Steampunkette (and her Kitten-hosted A.I. Knight Errant).

This is a time-updated version from the end of live orphan teen-hero with a body full of nano-bots; to mature, single-mom, genius, CEO of Nanomech Industries Inc. who's been called back to the costumed lifestyle.

Steampunkette.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

The theme for the costume contest is Criminals this week.

Sadly I can't be there (again), so I'd like to post my traditional burglar costume: Sly Old Fox
Sylvestre Renard, The Original Fox, The Onion Seller, The Bicycle Thief.  

Robbing museums, galleries and banks since way back in the 20th century ... no safe is safe once the Fox gets a sniff of it!

image.png.61bc44fdee2abf9f1873f617b65f2abc.png

You can't really see in the image but he's got the moneybag and the money aura. 

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 4

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

1 hour ago, Virtual Green said:

Introducing the Radioactor ! A Spetsnaz commando turned atomic super-soldier following a botched heist of the Terra Volta reactor. (Rad/Energy)

radioactor.thumb.PNG.38a3471b1e9ead392ea949b291580964.PNG

radioactor_2.PNG.8e2353c83719122877a025f2229656ab.PNG

That's a good mix of armor pieces to achieve that body armor.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, biostem said:

I so wish we could get that neck ring without the full backpack...

Or even just a different, less... skull-y backpack. The one we have is cool and all, but it's very specific and only works with certain types of designs and concepts.

• Thumbs Up 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)