New badge tracker

KeyboardKitsune

On 10/19/2019 at 11:10 PM, Piyerus said:

You have the Pursuer / Elusive event badge with the requirements as "Available for purchase from Luna in Ouroboros during the anniversary event in May".

This badge wasn't included with the other anniversary badges that were available from Luna, and it couldn't be purchased. So it's still unavailable at the moment. 

I was awarded 'Pursuer' tonight when I logged in, but there is no record of it in my chat log. I just happened to notice it when checking on another badge. I don't know what I did to earn it, or if it was just handed out en masse to everyone.

pursuer.png

Edit: I am seeing it pop up on other characters when I log them in, and someone in the Everlasting Badges chat channel reported the same. The wiki says it was awarded for logging in during November 2006 so I wonder if it is awarded for logging in during November and the servers are perhaps are using Greenwich Mean Time as their reference.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

19 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I was awarded 'Pursuer' tonight when I logged in, but there is no record of it in my chat log. I just happened to notice it when checking on another badge. I don't know what I did to earn it, or if it was just handed out en masse to everyone.

pursuer.png

Edit: I am seeing it pop up on other characters when I log them in, and someone in the Everlasting Badges chat channel reported the same. The wiki says it was awarded for logging in during November 2006 so I wonder if it is awarded for logging in during November and the servers are perhaps are using Greenwich Mean Time as their reference.

Could be from logging in on Halloween. Didn't CoV launch on Halloween originally?

EDIT: Misread your second point, probably right. I would guess midnight UTC.

Edited by Stray

CoV was launched late October 2015. This badge was released a year later, active during the month of November, for CoV's first anniversary. From what I remember, when the badge first came out people wondered if this meant we'd be getting two sets of anniversary badges per year, but the CoV anniversary was a one-time thing.

Didn't see the details for Chronomaster. Taken from the ingame progression :

Obtain this badge by earning the following badges:

Ouroboros Mender

Praetorian Tourist

Demarcated

Intrepid

Marginalized

Suspended

Temerarious

Undertaker

Unenhanced

Uninspired

Gold Medalist

All For One, One For All.

• Thanks 1

@Pifou

Pulsar-Boy / Idees Noires / IEM / Surtension / SuperMarseillais

3 hours ago, Pifou said:

Didn't see the details for Chronomaster. Taken from the ingame progression :

Thanks for the update! I verified in-game, made the edits, and created a pull request to update the badge. I think KeyboardKitsune is busy this weekend so it may be a few days before they are able to accept the changes.

EDIT: I also edited the 'Arriviste' and 'Trusting' badges to add the appropriate villain text for each, those updates are pending as well.

1 hour ago, darkgob said:

Craftsman badge has a typo in the description, says 5000 instead of 500. 😱

Blinding badge says it requires 8 crafting but only requires 7.

Thanks for the info. I updated 'Craftsman' but I cannot confirm the information you provided about the 'Blinding' badge. I crafted a level 10 Immobilization Duration and my progress bar shows 1 of 8 as seen in the screenshot below. Were you perhaps thinking of another badge?

blinding.png

On 11/3/2019 at 4:18 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

Thanks for the update! I verified in-game, made the edits, and created a pull request to update the badge. I think KeyboardKitsune is busy this weekend so it may be a few days before they are able to accept the changes.

EDIT: I also edited the 'Arriviste' and 'Trusting' badges to add the appropriate villain text for each, those updates are pending as well.

Yep... sorry, very busy weekend.

Lots of changes from ATC and Stray! I'll get them all pushed through ASAP.

20 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Thanks for the info. I updated 'Craftsman' but I cannot confirm the information you provided about the 'Blinding' badge. I crafted a level 10 Immobilization Duration and my progress bar shows 1 of 8 as seen in the screenshot below. Were you perhaps thinking of another badge?

blinding.png

Hm, and ParagonWiki confirms.  I thought maybe the spreadsheet was wrong but it also has 8.  I'm not sure why I thought it should be 7.  Last night I was doing The Big Push to finish up these nonsense badges (and copied over my Invention progress from the spreeadsheet), and I think I got that badge after only crafting 7 level 10 Mez enhancements.  It's entirely possible I crafted a level 10 Mez enhancement randomly forever ago and just never marked it down on the spreadsheet...?

170420_3506031_Emily_s_Editorial_Reply.jpg

Never mind!

• Like 1

I'm still not sure how to use this. I'm here: https://n15g.github.io/badger/

What is next? I go to "badges" but I'm not sure how to check what I have and not.

Edit: Created a character and found the checkable list. ❤️ ty

This is a great achievement you've made. I appreciate it. It's so easy to use.

Edited by Blue Jay
  • Thanks 1

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

Edit: Ok, I got conwfused and thought this was integrated into your prior Badge-Tracker tool. Is there cowrently no way to use that to make a list of what you have, and then import it into the database? Because I don't fancy cross-checking 1350+ badges, he he.

Wonderful work all the same!

Edited by BovineAvenger

20 hours ago, BovineAvenger said:

Edit: Ok, I got conwfused and thought this was integrated into your prior Badge-Tracker tool. Is there cowrently no way to use that to make a list of what you have, and then import it into the database? Because I don't fancy cross-checking 1350+ badges, he he.

Wonderful work all the same!

There isn't at the moment.
I toyed with the idea of adding an export function to the old sheet, but it has the same problem that to get the new functionality, you'd have to copy everything to a new sheet anyway. Plus, not everything is a perfect match, as there have been tweaks and adjustments to the new data set that possibly aren't reflected in the old.

The good news is that the new site doesn't suffer from the problem of updating like the old spreadsheet. You'd never have to copy your badges to a new sheet, just to get the new badge definitions, or updates, and the new site does have an export function, so it'll be much easier to move the data around in the future.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:28 PM, KeyboardKitsune said:

There isn't at the moment.
I toyed with the idea of adding an export function to the old sheet, but it has the same problem that to get the new functionality, you'd have to copy everything to a new sheet anyway. Plus, not everything is a perfect match, as there have been tweaks and adjustments to the new data set that possibly aren't reflected in the old.

The good news is that the new site doesn't suffer from the problem of updating like the old spreadsheet. You'd never have to copy your badges to a new sheet, just to get the new badge definitions, or updates, and the new site does have an export function, so it'll be much easier to move the data around in the future.

I was thinking more of using "Badge Extractor" to generate a list, and then import to your online document; you control both output and input, and are generating the identity for Extractor from recognising the text string in game.  So you could for example set "Nature Lover" to a value of "xxx" say, then import "xxx" to the webpage to auto mark you have it?

I ask because when you have as many as myself, it's an enormous amount of work to add them to your webpage manually still, and integrating it from something which checks in game allows you to start recreating Badge-Hunter.com et all...

4 hours ago, BovineAvenger said:

I was thinking more of using "Badge Extractor" to generate a list, and then import to your online document; you control both output and input, and are generating the identity for Extractor from recognising the text string in game.  So you could for example set "Nature Lover" to a value of "xxx" say, then import "xxx" to the webpage to auto mark you have it?

I ask because when you have as many as myself, it's an enormous amount of work to add them to your webpage manually still, and integrating it from something which checks in game allows you to start recreating Badge-Hunter.com et all...

I've got a task to look into working with something like Hero Stats to do just this... in fact I can probably make something from anything that can spit out a list of badge names from the game, I'm just flat out with real-world stuff at the moment xD

I believe AboveTheChemist has a settitle-based log script that would also do the job, although it takes a long time to iterate over the badge list.

If someone can come up with a simple way to get the badge list out of the game, it should be fairly simple for me to write something to import it.

19 hours ago, Pie-ro said:

So I ran a virus scan and it also cleared my cache. All my badges are gone. Are there any plans to make this stored somewhere besides the browser cache? 

Probably at some stage, but it involves a lot of extra work... and hosting costs... and I'm not sure if I want to make that leap just yet. I have some more time off over Christmas, I'll probably look at doing something then, if there's enough interest to justify it.

For now, the import/export on the character pages is there as a stop-gap to at least be able to back up your data in case of this sort of thing.

When creating a new character, there is no option for Stalker.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

I have a visual design issue with the badge checklist.  This post kind of goes on a bit so I'll stick it under a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

See this group of Achievement badges:

image.png.90f9a014f6963c4e74cadfd1956fa06a.png

I only have two of these badges as indicated by the checkmarks, but 4 of the entries on this list are shaded nearly the same color due to the row-alternating shading (CSS inspection shows that the hex color value of alternate rows is actually different from that of selected rows, but they're visually indistinguishable to me as I'm partially colorblind).  The text for selected badges is faded which does provide an additional distinguishing factor, but the shading still gives an illusion of continuity that doesn't accurately represent the information presented (the first two rows being a visual group representing the same state of the attribute "selected").  The faded text also makes it harder to read the names of the badges that are selected -- this information should be of the same importance as the names of non-selected badges.  The result, for me, is a confusing display that takes an extra moment or two to visually parse -- nearly an eternity as far as visual design goes.

Three possible fixes:

1. lose the row alternation entirely (the "shaded-as-selected" visual mnemonic breaks its function entirely anyway) :
    image.png.2a65f90aff9c12d22a40bee2cefc2b05.png
  2. shade selected badges a more visually distinct shade of gray (first image shows selected rows with #8b99a7) from the alternate rows, possibly also lighten the gray on the alternate rows (second image shows alternate rows with #f7f7f7 with #8b99a7 on selected rows again) :
    image.png.f8c540082a750c7220af367429fe5b1d.png

image.png.84e7fd4ef0cc76d69734be1ad5bacef8.png
  3. lose the "shaded-as-selection" mnemonic entirely since the checkmark already communicates this information (and, again, because it breaks the function of the alternating rows) :
    image.png.fcbbd8777a15609e03c208a49b8c9dc9.png

I think my personal preference would be 1, or possibly a combination of 1 and 3:

image.png.fd30c2581bb80c1b2627bf0dedb8f886.png

Just my $2.02 (value inflated due to the amount of opinions expressed), take it or leave it.  Regardless I still really appreciate this tool.

6 hours ago, darkgob said:

I have a visual design issue with the badge checklist.  This post kind of goes on a bit so I'll stick it under a spoiler tag.

Great feedback... and I agree, there's not enough contrast between the two for it to be comfortable.

https://github.com/n15g/badger/issues/22

I like your first option; removing the table striping; It's not really necessary given the height of the cells... I would like to keep the shading though, or maybe change the color... it makes it easy to scan for missing badges without having to look at a single column... at least until I get around to adding in the collected badges filter.

I have a badge, under Accolades, called "Flames of Prometheus Conversion". It's below Geas of the Kind Ones, and above Chronomaster. I don't see it on your spreadsheet, nor the Web app. Wish I'd known I could have traded it in for salvage when I was going down the incarnate path - had no idea. 

Flames.png

Edited by Ukase