I am sure this is unpopular, but I miss the city life

I really wish people would either quit suggesting removing things, like AE, they don't like simply to force other people to play how they demand. Either that or I wish those people would quit playing the game. 

If you don't like that someone spends all or the majority of their time in AE or farms, it doesn't matter. How you feel simply doesn't matter when it comes to how someone else enjoys the game since they aren't harassing or abusing other people. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zepp said:

Miss Liberty isn't a third space, it is a second space. First space is the home (SG Base), Second space is work (missions and places related to leveling). Third spaces are social gathering hubs outside home and work.

My point is that a bunch of people gathering in a location out of necessity doesn't turn that location into an actual "community hub" - People go in, do what they were forced to come there for, and leave.  Maybe, maybe a tiny fraction actually socialize there, but that's the exception, not the norm;  Most players want to run quests, defeat enemies, level up, etc...

• Like 1

@biostem and I agree with you. I was just clarifying that it wasn't the same type of interaction space as the auction house or Pocket D.

• Thanks 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

5 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I really wish people would either quit suggesting removing things, like AE, they don't like simply to force other people to play how they demand. Either that or I wish those people would quit playing the game. 

If you don't like that someone spends all or the majority of their time in AE or farms, it doesn't matter. How you feel simply doesn't matter when it comes to how someone else enjoys the game since they aren't harassing or abusing other people. 

If everyone used AE for the purpose it was intended for, and if the rewards were limited in some way so that AE wasn't the obvious choice to get the most bang for your buck then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

As it stands, a HIGH majority of players using AE only use it to farm. A Min/Maxed method of gaining the most resources/per time invested. It's the only reason people like you defend it, because you don't want to actually put in effort for your gains.

They don't have to change a thing about AE in it's current rendition, but if the rewards given out my World Content got inscreased to such an extent as it then became more lucrative than AE Farming. I would sure bet you and everyone else wouldn't care what happened to AE anymore.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cooltastic said:

You must not be old school enough if you didn't even mention AE in this post. AE is the single biggest issue when it comes to taking people away from the world content. AE is nothing more than and exploit to pass by all content and just farm resources that screw up the games economy.

If I could only request 1 thing ever to be done to this game, it would be the removal of AE completely. But I would settle for them removing access to it every other day or so just to pump players back into the world.

Or.... make world content MORE REWARDING than any farming you could do in AE.

But as to all the things you posted in the OP.   /jranger

I was never a fan of AE. Pre-AE, it was just all at the PI portals. At least it is self contained now. At least some good comes of it though via the economy.

1 hour ago, biostem said:

My point is that a bunch of people gathering in a location out of necessity doesn't turn that location into an actual "community hub" - People go in, do what they were forced to come there for, and leave.  Maybe, maybe a tiny fraction actually socialize there, but that's the exception, not the norm;  Most players want to run quests, defeat enemies, level up, etc...

Right? It's not like the AH on live was the buzzing town center/marketplace/forum some would have us believe.  It was run in, do your transactions, leave. The community is on chat. What zone you are in is meaningless to the social gathering aspect of the game. 

OP the only way I would give up /ah is in a trade. You give me a 30' PBAOE that immediately detoggles and suppresses all player non-travel toggles until zone and I'll take your "click on the glowie" entrance to the AH. I might settle for a toggle suppression around all points of interest. 

• Like 2

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

6 hours ago, Lines said:

Hey

You watch the game last night?

huh?

well did ya?

It was good right?

right?

"Standing too close at the urinal man" his superpower to make you feel intensely uncomfortable!

Edited by boggo2300
  • Haha 2

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

9 hours ago, Infinitum said:

There are more once you actually enter the topic and see what is being said.

And there are even more counter examples to your counter examples like eliminating TO/DOs so you can slot all SOs from the get go, shifting all IOs to have 10-50 versions, etc etc.

8 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

I guess there is just a lingering objection against powerlevelling and farming. The message of ‘grr, powerlevelling, cheating bad’ was ubiquitous in any online game and often it was fair enough.

I once got kicked out of a supergroup - people I’d known for years from a previous game - for powerlevelling. I don’t think I even realised I was doing it. I suppose I can see why they were angry but now I think about it, they were just tied up in an old perspective and hadn’t seen how the game transformed and the opportunities there were.

In the early game it did have the capacity to be a problem, since there wasn’t much endgame content and it was harder to exemplar into most content. I didn’t actually notice it being a problem (too busy falling into Grendel’s Gulch for like three years), but I can see how it could have been.

Folks kinda have to take a few steps back, take stock of the game as a whole and the behaviours of the players, to realise that levelling doesn’t matter anymore. It matters a lot less than you might expect from other games. There’s not a significant difference in what’s available to everybody between levels 1-49, and what’s within that range far outweighs the endgame content in quantity. The game is easy enough to not even notice when you’re carrying some mid-teen character around in level 40 content.

So I guess it’s just an old bias dying hard. I can understand it; you just gotta expose how the game is.

Anyway, that was off topic.

8 hours ago, Cooltastic said:

As it stands, a HIGH majority of players using AE only use it to farm. A Min/Maxed method of gaining the most resources/per time invested. It's the only reason people like you defend it, because you don't want to actually put in effort for your gains.

They don't have to change a thing about AE in it's current rendition, but if the rewards given out my World Content got inscreased to such an extent as it then became more lucrative than AE Farming. I would sure bet you and everyone else wouldn't care what happened to AE anymore.

This kind of translates as “I don’t want farmers to farm in AE, I want farmers to farm everywhere”.

It’s totally passable to make the argument that you feel that a powerlevelled character is less valid character than one who ‘earned’ 50 through arcs. I won’t try to convince you otherwise.

But you can’t then argue that it should be easier than AE to earn 50 through content. Wouldn’t that mean that characters working to 50 in AE had a tougher time of it and therefore earned it more?

World content is pretty well balanced for reward. Dxp pushes it maybe a smidge too far in the player’s favour, but it’s still quite well paced.

As I said in an earlier post, let’s look at what makes the large gatherings of players attractive - MSR, Hami - and see what we can learn from that in terms of rewarding players for engaging with the world.

Edited by Lines
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leogunner said:

And there are even more counter examples to your counter examples like eliminating TO/DOs so you can slot all SOs from the get go, shifting all IOs to have 10-50 versions, etc etc.

Go argue with a wall you are still incorrect.

Start looking inside those and you will see how shifts to nerf this or nerf that are included.

Edited by Infinitum

3 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Id settle for just being 30 again =p

Considering I was 40 when the game launched in 2004 I'm with you on this.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I don’t think it’s necessarily a selfish thing people who want a slower game, from what I take, suggestioning the removal of features that make the game easier isn’t as negative as one might think; except, when it actually does, I extremely think these things damage the game; however, not really. I wouldn’t dare remove content that the majority of players use cause that is selfish. They do not have enough time to play, grind, like they used too. But what I do stress about, regarding to QoL changes, is the current game that was left back is completely unorganized.

IMO, smaller communities are impacted the most when there isn’t a goto, especially since every server does the exact thing, I feel CoX was spread a little to thin, rather than providing ‘consumers’ a service where it’s easier for them to be matched with similar interests.

this isn’t HCs fault, nor their responsibility.

lets look back when they had more servers, if the PvPers were as small as 5%, you could tell me that’s enough spread across X amount of servers? Literally fractions off a portion of a community needing a little help.

But on a consumer level, there are a lot of competitive players who’d want to spend money on a game where you can’t just change your difficulty, or some things are left at inconvenience, there’s got to be some way where all servers can thrive, accommodations, content, acceptance. Otherwise we can spend an eternity accusing others of telling others you’re playing the game wrong. 

Here's an ambitious idea. Lets just take Atlas City, replace Atlas with our Lord and savoir Recluse, tint the map evil and call it a day?

4 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Go argue with a wall you are still incorrect.

Start looking inside those and you will see how shifts to nerf this or nerf that are included.

I don’t understand - @Leogunneractually did the math, but he’s still wrong, just...cuz?

The age of alternative facts I guess...

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

47 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

I don’t understand - @Leogunneractually did the math, but he’s still wrong, just...cuz?

The age of alternative facts I guess...

No, you can post titles to anything on here and call it yankee doodle dandy for all I care but until you read what's in some of them you wont get the whole picture.

8 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

No, you can post titles to anything on here and call it yankee doodle dandy for all I care but until you read what's in some of them you wont get the whole picture.

Still not seeing any data to the contrary...So i guess he's just wrong cuz...yankee doodle dandy?

If you are reading the posts, then put up your own numbers...because my experience is Leogunner's as well...

EDIT:  BTW - I think it's hysterical there's still a debate over what % of posts are "nerfs" or not.

Edited by justicebeliever
Commentary
  • Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

3 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

Still not seeing any data to the contrary...So i guess he's just wrong cuz...yankee doodle dandy?

If you are reading the posts, then put up your own numbers...because my experience is Leogunner's as well...

I'm not the one making the statement to the contrary of what myself and others have seen and even participated in.

So I really don't care if you guys believe us or not.  But it's hard these days to get through a lot of topics without calls for nerfs in some way. 

Posting the thread topics isn't the whole of the subject matter.