Winter event schedule?

J-Naught

I'm also interested.  I would think that it will begin on Dec. 1st since the Halloween event started on October 1st, but that's just a guess.  Using that same thought process, I suspect that the winter event will have all the glorious wonders it's always had . . . plus some happy surprises for all of us. 

I. Cannot. Wait.  So excited for this!!

• Like 1

Winter technically starts December 21 and runs til March 20.....who is down for 3 months of skiing and bobsledding!?!!  Lets go!

Seriously I hope it isnt that long....usually what, just a week or so past the first of the year so they may start Dec 1 or even later to just have it up a month.  You can go practice your ski runs now.  I repeatedly fell off the track and then failed to use the geysers well.  Managed to get Trucker badge.  Go figure!

38 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

I'm also interested.  I would think that it will begin on Dec. 1st since the Halloween event started on October 1st, but that's just a guess.  Using that same thought process, I suspect that the winter event will have all the glorious wonders it's always had . . . plus some happy surprises for all of us. 

I. Cannot. Wait.  So excited for this!!

If they follow the precedent on Live, the Winter Event will begin in mid-December & run into the first week of January.

According to the wiki, the Winter Event dates were as follows:

2004  01/12/05-02/08/05

2005  12/05/05-01/02/06

2006  12/14/06-01/02/07 & 01/08/07-01/15/07

2007  12/17/07-01/06/08

2008  12/15/08-01/04/09

2009  12/15/09-01/12/10

2010  12/17/10-01/02/11

2011  12/13/11-01/03/12

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the event runs for a full month this year.  There were always complaints that some people couldn't participate because of their holiday schedules, so a longer run time would allow more players to join in the fun.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

24 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

Winter technically starts December 21 and runs til March 20.....who is down for 3 months of skiing and bobsledding!?!!  Lets go!

Seriously I hope it isnt that long....usually what, just a week or so past the first of the year so they may start Dec 1 or even later to just have it up a month.  You can go practice your ski runs now.  I repeatedly fell off the track and then failed to use the geysers well.  Managed to get Trucker badge.  Go figure!

I've practiced a little, but I am notoriously horrible at it.  I think I barely managed to get the bronze on live, and from my practice runs so far, that will be quite the achievement this time around.  Sigh.  I just can't seem to coordinate very well and end up slipping up and over the side . . . every single time.  Oh well, I can live without those badges until they are the very last ones I need (if that day ever comes, heh). 

But, hey, I have the Trucker badge, too!  And I am so excited for the missions in the ski slope area and the fun of seeing people hanging around the chalet.   And trading in my candy canes for goodies.  And Baby New Year, I've missed that ugly little guy every single Christmas since shutdown and can't wait to save him again. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mister Mass said:

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the event runs for a full month this year.  There were always complaints that some people couldn't participate because of their holiday schedules, so a longer run time would allow more players to join in the fun.

Cool info, Mister Mass, thanks!  I don't recall the Halloween event being an entire month long on live, but it may have been.  There's so much I've forgotten or mis-remembered after all this time.

Yeah, holiday schedules at the end of the year do dip into available game time, so I hope they do run it for a full month, even if it starts Dec. 7ish and runs to through the first week of January. The longer, the better!  It's not like we have to do the event if we want to do other stuff, but it gives people time to enjoy it all on various toons if they're busy with family and other that time of year stuff.

15 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Winter technically starts December 21 and runs til March 20.....

Seriously I hope it isnt that long....

If nothing else, they have to make way for the Valentine's event. Personally I'd like mid-December to mid-January, but I just need to know how many parts to break the AE plot I'm running into, since I have to schedule them. I want to end it with a blow out where the villains open the way for the Winter Lord, which of course is best done the day before presents start popping up.

On 11/12/2019 at 5:56 PM, Tahliah said:

I've practiced a little, but I am notoriously horrible at it.  I think I barely managed to get the bronze on live, and from my practice runs so far, that will be quite the achievement this time around.  Sigh.  I just can't seem to coordinate very well and end up slipping up and over the side . . . every single time.

It's really hard to get gold without 'assistance'.
Inertial Reduction makes the badges much easier since it does exactly what the name says - reducing your inertia and making you more maneuverable.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

47 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Inertial Reduction makes the badges much easier since it does exactly what the name says - reducing your inertia and making you more maneuverable.

Great advice, @Ironblade, thank you!  If anyone has a kin willing to smack me with IR/IDfor my (then marginally less hopeless) attempts at ski badges, I'll . . . um, give you cookies.  😁

I have a kin (or three), so I am more than happy to help others who need ID/IR for the badges, too.

On 11/15/2019 at 3:05 PM, Ironblade said:

So can afterburner

25 alts with all the badges!

When the chalet was more of a time limited event as being open all year, you'd have more people in there buffing strangers constantly, organizing TP-chain groups, and otherwise making the badges easier for everyone to get. Now that the chalet is always open, you pretty much have to bring your own friends (or alt accounts) if you want buffs. You can't just count on finding a generous stranger there.

Not that I'm complaining of course. I love messing around on the slopes while waiting for an iTrial to fill. But it's still a bit of a shame that the area has lost its magic. 

Maybe when the winter event properly starts we'll see more people hanging around the slopes, offering buffs to anyone who passes by.

What are some of the activities available during the Winter Event?  I already have all of the Winter Event badges for several of my toons.

What other events are there?

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

5 hours ago, Display Name said:

What are some of the activities available during the Winter Event?  I already have all of the Winter Event badges for several of my toons.

What other events are there?

Trust me, unless someone found a doozy of a loophole or something, the only winter badges available now are the 6 ski slope badges, the trucker badge, and any badge you can get for candy canes from the vendor in the ski chalet.

There are about 18 winter event badges total

There is the Baby New Year mission which you will need to run 5 times to get the defeat Snaptooth 5 times badge, which also gives a gladiator badge

There is the defeat Lady Winter mission

Get a team together and collect presents in a zone until a giant winter lord spawns, defeat it for a badge

Start up a league and use the LFG tab to warp to the realm of Lord Winter and defeat that giant for a badge

Collect 200 presents for badge + gladiator badge

25 alts with all the badges!

The Candy Keeper, who has been available in the Ski Chalet since Sunrise, offers the following Badges for the cost of various quantities of Candy Canes (apparently available through AE missions and Booster Packs) and Inf:

Cold Front 

Festive 

Frostbitten 

Gifted

Longbow Reservist / Jet-Setter

Joyful

Miraculous

Holiday Spirit / Scrooge

Oh, I didn't realize there were more badges beyond the Candy Keeper!  Duh!

I meant to say "I have all of the Candy Keeper badges for several of my toons!"

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/12269-candy-canes/

What are the other Events that were available through CoH?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On the original server the event usually started around mid-December, and ran for a couple of weeks until the beginning of January. There were some complaints about this due to this also being the time that people might be away from home and visiting their families, limiting play time. With any luck The event will be extended a bit; either starting in early December instead of the middle of the month, or lasting longer.