Ran Out of Room: Need More Power Trays

I understand that I'm probably well outside of the norm (in a lot of ways), and that most players don't use anywhere near as many Powers as I do, but . . . 

I've filled up all 9 Power Trays.  May I have some more, please?

And, yes.  I use all those Powers.  Thanks.

And, no.  Keybinds aren't a great solution, since I want to have the countdown timers visible on the Powers' icons while they're recharging.

You should prolly list this under Suggestions and Ideas. 

This has been suggested before. So you are not alone.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

• Retired Game Master

I try to not be nosy... but VileTerror what on Earth are you up to where you need simultaneous access to over 90 powers including their cooldown timers/toggled status? 😂

That's either a lot of not-so-temporary powers or you've got some sort of multi-situational setup going on.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GM Sijin said:

I try to not be nosy... but VileTerror what on Earth are you up to where you need simultaneous access to over 90 powers including their cooldown timers/toggled status? 😂

That's either a lot of not-so-temporary powers or you've got some sort of multi-situational setup going on.

Well if it were me, I do have a good handful of marcos that I like to use, character by character basis, and they take up space that a power could be using...but I try to keep my button pressing to a minimum.  I don't like mouse clicking powers unless it's very infrequent so tolerable.

The OP mentioned keybinds but not macros so maybe the macros are eating up space.  I can only guess this has something to do with Khelds + macros or something.  But then I'm also not criticizing the idea, I just want to see the powers bars so I can put this curiosity to bed.

• Retired Game Master

Macros are just keybinds with a graphic and click element instead of a keypress, and do not show toggle status or cooldowns. And while you may be correct that macros are attributing to the usage of the power bars, my natural response to that is that they're the most suitable to be replaced by keybinds. But we all do have our preferences!

On my 50s with Incarnate powers I have at least 3 trays of the stuff I use all the time and a tray and a half of things like teleports/crafting benches.

If I was prepared to convert all my Macros to Keybinds I could probably release 10-15 icons of space. Sadly most of my readily remembered keybinds are used already, many with CTRL+ SHIFT+ and ALT+ states as well.

Problem I have with macros is because they don't show cooldown information/toggle status you really need the proper power icon as well.

If they could make macros work like that I'd not need more trays. But I bet adding more trays is an easier thing to add... 😉

I really can't imagine needing that much.  On my incarnated out 50's I'll use 3 trays for powers with tray 1 being the combat powers, tray 2 things like Nukes and others I have bound to a key and need to keep track of recharge, tray 3 is "Misc stuff", tray 4 is usually toggles, tray 5 will be things like O Portal, Team Teleport, Mission TP, Recall Team and the like.  Sometimes I'll have a tray 6 with chat macros and that's all I need.

The most I've ever used is on Tri-form Kelds with tray 1 the Human powers, tray 2 the Nova and tray 3 the Dwarf with a form changing macro that swaps the bottom tray to the appropriate one for the form I'm using.  Still, that only adds up to 7 trays total even if I fill one full of chat macros.  Most of my characters never use more than 4 trays altogether.  Things like Walk, Power Slide and so forth are never used and never get to a tray; the P2W attacks tend to disappear from the trays once the character outgrows them.  The wimpy origin attack power never even makes it to the tray even at level 1.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Is there even that many P2W powers? ANd HOW many temp powers are actually worth using? Or dayjob powers come to that? Maybe wedding band, temp phase? The attack stuff is mostly garbage. What powersets are you, that you have TIME to use 50+ alternate powers?

Sounds more to me like they have a bunch of once-in-a-blue-moon situational powers that they want visible and available 100% of the time.  Or, in other words, the very edgiest of edge cases.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

What I would like to see is that powers were able to be activated from the Powers list -- you know, the one where you view them and drag them to the power trays? If I could click on my powers there (or right click and select activate or something), then that would cover all of the "I need this power once in a while" scenarios, thus freeing up many slots in the trays.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hardship said:

What I would like to see is that powers were able to be activated from the Powers list -- you know, the one where you view them and drag them to the power trays? If I could click on my powers there (or right click and select activate or something), then that would cover all of the "I need this power once in a while" scenarios, thus freeing up many slots in the trays.

I have wished for this every time I use base porter or drop an ouro portal (maybe 4 times in the 3ish months I have been on HC).  Activate from power list would be awesome.

Edited by EmmySky
Correct auto correct

I confess I have occasionally used powers from the command line.

/powexecname rest

/powexectoggleoff fly (handy if you're flying while you respect and drop fly... ahahaha don't ask me how I know that)

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

On 11/17/2019 at 9:59 AM, MetaVileTerror said:

I understand that I'm probably well outside of the norm (in a lot of ways), and that most players don't use anywhere near as many Powers as I do, but . . . 

I've filled up all 9 Power Trays.  May I have some more, please?

And, yes.  I use all those Powers.  Thanks.

And, no.  Keybinds aren't a great solution, since I want to have the countdown timers visible on the Powers' icons while they're recharging.

Are you collecting tons of temp powers or just doing things like playing a shapeshifter where you change costumes and entire power loadouts?

• 5 months later

Have you investigated Popmenus? If the macros filling the trays are for commonly used 'tells', emotes, base-jumping, temp powers, it may be that creating layered menus for some things might work for you.

I haven't developed any of my own, but I've used a few that others have developed.

On 11/20/2019 at 3:53 PM, Erydanus said:

I confess I have occasionally used powers from the command line.

/powexecname rest

/powexectoggleoff fly (handy if you're flying while you respect and drop fly... ahahaha don't ask me how I know that)

Here are my fly binds:

/bind F12 "powexectoggleon Hover$$powexectoggleon Fly" (so that F12 alternates between the two)

/bind F11 "powexecname Afterburner" (so that I can just press F11 and F12 in quick succession as needed)

I also do this with Combat Jumping/Super Jump and Sprint, on my characters that don't have Flight.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer